Forums
May 15, 2024, 07:43 PM

Author Topic: Overall Streaks  (Read 895 times)

Offline Random00

Overall Streaks
« on: September 03, 2010, 08:25 AM »
First of all something that has nothing to do with streaks ^^
How about making some topic where you can simply post some small ideas, instead of having to start a new thread for every single idea? :d Same with reporting minor bugs.

I just wanted to suggest to change the streaks being viewed when you're at the Overall Standings. It would be nicer if your best streak could be shown their instead of your current streak.
I just wanted to watch who had the best streak ever in every scheme when I realized that it just displays the current streak :/
Its kinda redundancy, cause you can also view the current streak when you're at the Seaonal Standings ;o

Offline Ray

Bug With Streaks
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 09:09 AM »
Good point there Random, although the problem with posting minor things in one thread is that it will eventually get out of control.

MonkeyIsland, please check what's wrong with the streaks, as I believe it should never show 0, unless someone haven't played any game at all, but those players do not appear in the standings table. :P

Besides, I think the overall best streaks are not counted well. It is possible for someone to have +50 winning streak in overall, because let's say he made +30 at the end of 5th season and then +20 at the beginning of the 6th season. But the system just picks out +30 as the best winning streak.

Offline MonkeyIsland

Re: Overall Streaks
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 10:28 AM »
@Random00, I will add the max streak column there.
Having each thread is better, because it is easier to refer and people read new threads. They don't bother reading a thread which reach more than 3-4 pages.

@Ray,
The streak bug after a game delete is clear to me. Games gets deleted in the middle of someones games and messes up many streak types. For that to get fixed, system gotta explore all the guys games before and after to set the corrected streak. Alternatively I ran some streak fix every once in a while to fix all those stats.

Besides, I think the overall best streaks are not counted well. It is possible for someone to have +50 winning streak in overall, because let's say he made +30 at the end of 5th season and then +20 at the beginning of the 6th season. But the system just picks out +30 as the best winning streak.

Link me please.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Ray

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 01:04 PM »
MonkeyIsland, I will not browse through 500 players' games just to look for one instance... I assumed that the system works like that, because I have NEVER come across with one single example over the past months (ever since we have streaks) where I saw a greater number for the overall streak than any of the numbers listed by the seasons.

Offline Random00

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 05:19 PM »
umm, I thought that the calculation of the best overall streaks works as long as there's no deleted game involved.
At least it worked for my stats when I last checked it between season 12 and 13 I think ;d

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 06:05 PM »
Season 12 and 13 streaks must be all fixed already. If you see something wrong there, please let me know.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 06:02 AM by MonkeyIsland »
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 06:02 AM »
Added the column. (Counted it as a v2.0 feature)

Offline Random00

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 12:27 PM »
well, there are obviously bugs, because I think that I already lost some game at some time and Crash also won at least 1 game I guess :D

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2010, 12:33 PM »
Sure, I'll be running a fix script soon. :)

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2010, 05:21 AM »
Fixed streaks from the beginning to this very day.
If you still see something weird, then it must be a bug, please post it here.