Forums
May 15, 2024, 09:12 PM

Author Topic: Pending Games Concept  (Read 1502 times)

Offline MonkeyIsland

Pending Games Concept
« on: September 03, 2012, 03:04 PM »
Pending games as you know, shows the games you need to get done. You may find many games in finished cups or old league games and you wonder why they are listed there.
The reason is that normally we'd like you to get all those games done. There's a new feature in Cups which allows you to specify a percentage for people to join. Everybody has a played games percentage. I could start a cup and set things like only people with at least 80% done games must join. This helps the cup to run faster.

For that reason, people must be allowed to improve their done games percentage even though it has been some time. Now there are people who you can't reach at all. For this, you can request a moderator to mark those games as ignored for you.

Like members, clan have a pending games too. The number you see in your profile is actually your pending games + your clan pending games. So if you recruit a new member now, he/she will see your clan pending games too.

Pending games is still in its first steps and it turned out to be a little buggy on counts. It is on my to do list. Hope this topic clears some confusions.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline DENnis

Re: Pending Games Concept
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 04:23 PM »
Very nice improvement already. Ty for all ur work!

To the bugs: Right now it says 3 pending games for me although that cups are finished already (Sorry didn't see the bugreportpage yet).

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 04:24 PM »
Cant really say its buggy, just need to remove games from groups that finished already IMO

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 04:25 PM »
To the bugs: Right now it says 3 pending games for me although that cups are finished already (Sorry didn't see the bugreportpage yet).

Cant really say its buggy, just need to remove games from groups that finished already IMO

MI explained why this is the case in his post, guys!

Offline harpy

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 05:10 AM »
in the old forum was mentioned pendings game. even then seemed to me vgood idea - vgj there
maybe will work and other statistics here!, cups ae

Offline Prankster

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 07:58 PM »
This is basically a good idea and a good feature, but. Theres is a type of not-played games that shouldn't be considered pending, imo. Ie.: I have a few pending games that I weren't to play in groups stage because they wouldn't have made any difference, the same players would have advanced to the knockouts.
Also, I don't wanna play old games now, just because my former opponent needs to improve his/her percentages..

This feature needs another feature to involve activity too (by activity I mean which one of the two players tried to arrange their game and which not).

Offline Wojtes

• Poland Poland
  • Let's the go, little gays!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 02:33 PM »
I don't really get is, but it seems like-a-nice idea
Wojt3s

Offline Husk

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2012, 10:28 PM »
my pending games say that I need to play ironbull for free league PO... but I think he got switched with berria, amirite?

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2012, 05:21 AM »
Fixed.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Hussar

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 07:07 AM »
not rly.

i got 4 active cup games to play but system is showing "Pending Games [1]".

inside i see those 4 games to play and +16 wich are old.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2012, 08:12 AM »
It is not fixed yet. Pending games is my priority to fix. I'll announce the new one when it gets ready.

Offline Husk

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2013, 03:03 AM »
ae I have tried get my games done from "all pendings" but can't organize them because either no response or inactive

these games lower my pending games percentage, should I get shit because other people dun play their cup games?

https://www.tus-wa.com/profile/Husk/pending-games/

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2013, 04:34 AM »
List the inactive players here and I'll mark them as ignored.

Offline Husk

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2013, 05:07 AM »
inactive ones: Aviv, ImNotThrosti, Dario, Viks

with others I sent pm but no reply or reply was "cup alrdy ended, I am not interested to play" of that sort