Forums
May 14, 2024, 11:54 AM

Author Topic: Ropers Only League - Read please =)  (Read 5309 times)

Offline TheWalrus

Re: Ropers Only League - Read please =)
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2016, 01:00 PM »
Random00 is good enough to play the system, there are many players who would ruin his stats if he were to play them, but that never happened because Random00 picked his games carefully, and he was lucky enough to do this when TuS Singles were very active.
This is accurate, it's not a strike against him that he picked his games so carefully, probably is the only way to get so high in standings.  At least in BnG, barman avoided random00, who avoided komo save for 1 game ever?

Offline Kradie

« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2016, 03:28 PM »
I know I am nitpicking a bit, but it isn't basically a clone of w2Roper.

w2Roper had more fall damage, the choice of collect crate or not, different hp, you had parachute, you had other weapons, and not to mention different game physics, and maybe more I forgot?

ZaR Roper is the best Roper scheme i've played for like 10 years, but I still strongly believe it isn't League worthy.

ZaR is just an evolved form of previous Roper schemes in general though-

So how come ZaR isn't league worthy Komito? Why do you deem it not worthy?
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline biscuits

« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2016, 03:57 PM »

Show some respect ;)

Anyhow, It's not necessary about prize money it's more about to encourage player engagement in partaking.
No one is profiting Kaleu, ZaR Roper is much more difficult than ordinary roper. Even I'm not pro at it. So I don't understand how I as a person could profit from it. But yes, having ZaR in a league would profit ZaR as a more recognized position.

You were never "pro" at roping in general to begin with.

good game W:A Steam reviews

courtesy of "gloom" for allowing me to use this signature, it's the best ;)

Offline Kradie

« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2016, 04:06 PM »

Show some respect ;)

Anyhow, It's not necessary about prize money it's more about to encourage player engagement in partaking.
No one is profiting Kaleu, ZaR Roper is much more difficult than ordinary roper. Even I'm not pro at it. So I don't understand how I as a person could profit from it. But yes, having ZaR in a league would profit ZaR as a more recognized position.

You were never "pro" at roping in general to begin with.

Elaborate your assessment.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2016, 05:03 PM »

The main reason is there is no chute.

Should have at least grenade because grenade gives possibility of attacks not possible because of crates, if you get the bounces right, should have mines as well for carefully planned fall damage attacks and piles/pushes, the fact ZaR only has zook takes out a fair bit of tactics.

I would prefer more than 12 seconds, but i'm ok with it.

ZaR is really fun to play, but for me it's like having a kickabout at the park with your mates as opposed to playing a serious match with proper rules/settings.

Offline spleen17

« Reply #80 on: March 18, 2016, 05:40 PM »

The main reason is there is no chute.

Should have at least grenade because grenade gives possibility of attacks not possible because of crates, if you get the bounces right, should have mines as well for carefully planned fall damage attacks and piles/pushes, the fact ZaR only has zook takes out a fair bit of tactics.

I would prefer more than 12 seconds, but i'm ok with it.

ZaR is really fun to play, but for me it's like having a kickabout at the park with your mates as opposed to playing a serious match with proper rules/settings.

I don't understand how any of this makes a difference, yes it's a hard scheme that doesn't tolerate mistakes (although both players are likely to make at least one or two), but it's still fair. Best player will win, more often than in roper if anything because crate luck is reduced.

Offline Triad

« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2016, 02:04 PM »
If I sum changes suggested by me or other people that I ageee in a single measage.

- Leagues should be resetted after 50th Classic season (50 is a nice number and I think it will give MI enough time)
- Leagues should be stored in soms kind of "Hall of Fame"
- After reset each league always must be enabled simultaneously.
- Leagues should be resetted and put on Hall of Fame after each 20 seasons.
- Like voting for next TRL scheme, there should be a poll for Free League. Most voted 4 schenes should be replaced with least played 4 schemes.

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2016, 10:04 AM »
If I sum changes suggested by me or other people that I ageee in a single measage.

- Leagues should be resetted after 50th Classic season (50 is a nice number and I think it will give MI enough time)
- Leagues should be stored in soms kind of "Hall of Fame"
- After reset each league always must be enabled simultaneously.
- Leagues should be resetted and put on Hall of Fame after each 20 seasons.
- Like voting for next TRL scheme, there should be a poll for Free League. Most voted 4 schenes should be replaced with least played 4 schemes.

Good ideas, i agree with you