Forums
April 27, 2024, 11:48 PM

Author Topic: Skype Group for searching clanners / tus games  (Read 889 times)

Offline stepz

Skype Group for searching clanners / tus games
« on: March 15, 2014, 02:48 PM »
Hello,

I dont know how many people here are using Skype, but I think it's a very useful tool to connect with other players, especially with the Group function (you dont have to add the group members to your Contact list).
And since most people who are searching in AG are sitting in front of their Computers, they could aswell have Skype opened.

The benefit would be that the Chat requests dont disappear after like a minute, like they do in #AG and it would be much easier to find opponents imo.

What do you think of this? Ive been using Skype since years, with other communities.

Cheers

Offline avirex

Re: Skype Group for searching clanners / tus games
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 02:57 PM »
well... if people only used it for asking for league games, it would be great...

because when you enter (im assuming you can see old logs, like when u join websnoop?) you can see all the people who had asked for clanners/tus/hal whatever...

and only that!!

if people start using it for random chatting, wont it be the same thing as wnet??? some requests for league games, mixed in with spam, chats, and bs??

Offline rU`

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 03:14 PM »
After being in a chat group on Skype with RichUK and Co, I don't ever want to be in one of those again.
LaW`T0WER , LoR`T0WER at wwp 2004-2007

TdC`Leroy , cFc`Leroy at w:a 2005-2008

Played leagues: CBC/CBS, FB, XTC, LW, TUS.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 04:01 PM »
After being in a chat group on Skype with RichUK and Co, I don't ever want to be in one of those again.
Um, what about RichUK made you feel like it was going to be a good experience?  That guy is about as strange as they come, and that is putting it incredibly mildly.  I bet being in a skype group with him is tantamount to ear rape.

Offline rU`

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2014, 05:31 PM »
Um, what about RichUK made you feel like it was going to be a good experience?  That guy is about as strange as they come, and that is putting it incredibly mildly.  I bet being in a skype group with him is tantamount to ear rape.

Someone from his crew invited me to that huge group. Lol it was just painful having to log in on skype for work matters and having to deal with the ammount of spam text given in the group chats.

Well, we had windows messenger back in the day... and now skype is its successor, but nowadays there are actually many other ways to communicate that can come much more handy than Skype. Also when it comes to wormnet, the snoopers are alright for that job, as avi said.  Even TUS got its own messaging system, therefore I don't think that Skype could be a better alternative to boost the league activity.

If I had to suggest something that could help, I'd say TELEGRAM app/program

You can use it on ios/android/windows and you can create group chats with up to 200 people. That's what I'm currently using on my tablet/phone/pc as it synchronizes all the data as well.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 05:33 PM by EL FUGA »
LaW`T0WER , LoR`T0WER at wwp 2004-2007

TdC`Leroy , cFc`Leroy at w:a 2005-2008

Played leagues: CBC/CBS, FB, XTC, LW, TUS.

Offline RichUK

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2014, 09:15 PM »
I must admit the worms skype group I created did not go in the direction I had hoped.  My initial intention was " use it to say things such as ..   Hi would anyone like to play a game of <game / scheme>" ... and at the same time it would be a good safety net where we can all keep in touch in the event that wormnet goes down as it does several times per year.

Ear rape is my skill, but never in the group... I keep that one to one.

Sadly a bunch of kids got in the group and when I login I too see 40+ messages about My Little Pony and other such nonsense.  As the group no longer talks about worms or arranging games .... the group is more of a My Little Pony Group now ... and my god it is so annoying the number of people that just type "k" ... i logged in one day to scroll down at least 20 lots of "k" by different people and sometimes the same person repeating them self.

As for skype itself .. us wonderful Brits invented it in the 1990s and i have stood by it from day one, I never liked Microsoft and PCS ( I was always an AMIGA fan ) and I am heavily saddened that the Brits Sold Skype to Ebay who sat on it for over a year and gave it to Microsoft so they could invade the telephone industry and destroy skype with on going advertisements and integrate it in to the worst web browser in the world " internet explorer" hence if you ever see a never ending circle in skype .. just go to internet settings in Internet Explorer, click TOOLS / OPTIONS and the ADVANCED TAB and hit the two RESET BUTTONS ... and hoorah.... Skype is fixed !! what a bloody pain in the <anyone you think is an ass>
Warm Wishes, Richard Andrew Evans (imdb.com)
RichUK (Pn Captain / leader)

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 10:41 AM »

Is this a very bad troll or a Komo like person that buys into his own bullshit?
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Hussar

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 10:55 AM »
hehe Richard u look like an old rapist ;D