Forums
April 28, 2024, 08:22 AM

Author Topic: Style BnG league  (Read 8371 times)

Offline obscure

Re: Style BnG league
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2010, 07:46 PM »
well by style bng i dont mean u cant throw 4 or 3 sec nades,i mean playing with some specific rules,like in a2b.and lol maciej,im not talking about fancy freestyle bng
MonkeyIsland on August 26, 2010, 09:39 am:I'm considered as a noob

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2010, 08:55 PM »
Just let a2b comes back: would be the best.

PS: Maciej, you can't compare a cheap gameplay in BnG with one in other schemes.
BnG isn't just a scheme, it's a way of playing: if you just play to earn points, then you'd rather not play it.

PSS: Unanchored BnG & Hardcore Maps Ftw ! .)
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

Offline obscure

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2010, 12:18 AM »
Just let a2b comes back: would be the best. ?
are we holding it back or something.its a dead league

Offline Crazy

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2010, 02:26 AM »
is you want to discourage cheaper bng in classic u need more focuse enforced strictly which are similar to style. But this will result in loads more complaints in bng as people won't wanna attempt a new shot after hitting with a previous one. So basically no repeating the same style shot (3sec) untill you hit with new shot (lg 5)

I think the classic rules will get updated and be good enough to deal with 'league-style' bngers that only have 3sec learned in their bng armourary of shots.

Were you drunk when you posted this? I`m pretty sure you were ::)

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2010, 04:34 AM »
is you want to discourage cheaper bng in classic u need more focuse enforced strictly which are similar to style. But this will result in loads more complaints in bng as people won't wanna attempt a new shot after hitting with a previous one. So basically no repeating the same style shot (3sec) untill you hit with new shot (lg 5)

I think the classic rules will get updated and be good enough to deal with 'league-style' bngers that only have 3sec learned in their bng armourary of shots.

Were you drunk when you posted this? I`m pretty sure you were ::)

No i wasnt!! lol. Just had not had my morning cup of tea yet

Offline Ray

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2010, 07:09 AM »
Just let a2b comes back: would be the best.

Word. You could actually host the same system on the site, under a sub-domain. I mean, the same site actually, maybe with a new design.

Offline surgeon

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2010, 07:39 AM »
Hmm, well i think that a2b's rules was the best way to play BnG, 3kinds of shemes are impossible like roper 20,30 and 40sec, it's like someone says "true lies in the middle" but it's not right, true lies there where the true is.Maybe just make the ab2 site more attractive and famous that's all  ??? !!!

Offline obscure

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2010, 10:09 AM »
whats the problem with tus ray?

Offline Ramone

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2010, 12:23 PM »
Hey BnG lovers, sup!?  :D
I agree with Abnax, Chicken, Surg and Ray, re-opening of a2b would be the best solution for "style" BnG contest...
Give me few days to try and contact M3ntal and Komo, to see what they think about it and if would they have time to do it..
If not, we'll think of something... (but won't call it a2b for sure  :P)

Cheers!

Offline Ray

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2010, 12:50 PM »
whats the problem with tus ray?
The problem is not with TUS itself, the problem is that if this league was added as a nother feature of the site, then it would get even more complex.
Hey BnG lovers, sup!?  :D
I agree with Abnax, Chicken, Surg and Ray, re-opening of a2b would be the best solution for "style" BnG contest...
Give me few days to try and contact M3ntal and Komo, to see what they think about it and if would they have time to do it..
If not, we'll think of something... (but won't call it a2b for sure  :P)

Cheers!

Do you remember XTC's Roper League? It was like roper.xtcleague.com or something, it was a whole different design, system... I was thinking about the same, basically hosting this invite-only (or players have to sign up, like into a clan and the leaders decide if he may join the league or not) league on a subdomain like a2b.tus-wa.com or whatever. It would have the same rating system as a2b used to have, same rules.

Offline Prankster

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2010, 02:10 PM »
hi everyone!

im waiting for the league, hope u can choose the best way do it :)
and hope i can play :D

im new, but i agree that bng can be a style of play, not just a scheme. so maybe the private league, (not part of tus) and own site would be better.

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2010, 12:13 PM »
Give me few days to try and contact M3ntal and Komo, to see what they think about it and if they would have time to do it.
We sure can help them if they don't. .)
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

Offline Devilage

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2010, 06:49 PM »
I hope ur idea works obscure, by me I just play bng when the other clan pick it i don't like the scheme and i don't care about making style shots i just care to hit the other guy with every way i can, but i agree that bng lovers should ahve their league, I prefer HHC's idea tho rotated league would be awesome.

Smoking proud.

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2010, 04:19 PM »
it's a way of playing: if you just play to earn points, then you'd rather not play it.

Then whats the point in having a league for it if playing for points is irrelevant?

I dont like the idea of a "private" bng league on tus, it sounds snobby and elitist. If you want a private league then host it on your own site.

Whats the point in having a league on tus for a "select" number of people to play?

Tus should just include a rotated league as has been discussed many times before, alternating through schemes on a monthly or seasonal basis.
worm and learn

Offline M3ntal

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2010, 09:42 PM »
Hey guys, Ramone sent me a message.  It really wouldn't be much trouble to kick off a2b again - the only reason it went down is because i moved the main clansfx domain off my personal webspace onto the same server as worms2d.info and forgot to move a2b with it :-[.  I can easily set it up again.

Reading through this thread though, i see a few things that may need some more time spent on them:

Should i wipe previous members/games and start fresh?
 - Half of the people in this thread are already registered
 - Can you remember your passwords? (they are encrypted so i can't recover them for you)
 - There are almost 30 members and i suspect many are inactive

Does it want to be a private, invite-only league?
 - If not, i'll need to create a signup page
 - If so, should there be specific admins who can give invites (current setup), or should every member be allowed to invite others?
 - If every member can invite, should these invites be restricted (eg x amount per season, or top 3 players each season get a few, etc)

The visual design is pretty basic, Komo just wanted a quick league system that functioned.
 - Is anyone that bothered?
 - Are any of you decent graphic designers?
 - I work best from Photoshop designs so if anyone wants to have a go feel free - I can let you know what needs to be on each page.

Here's whats on the current rules page, do any changes need to be made?
Quote from: a2b
1. No straight bazooka shots.
2. No sitters.
3. No repeat shots.
    * If you hit someone for 34 HP or less with a shot, you can't use that same shot again until you have hit them with a different one.
    * If you hit someone for 35 HP or more with a shot, you can't use that same shot again until either you or they have moved.
4. No 5 second grenades unless used with low gravity or max bounce
5. All shots should be aimed to explode on impact with the opponents worm.
6. Re-aim the crosshair between every turn, regardless of whether you landed a hit last turn or not.
7. Don't teleport too close to your opponent's worm (try to stay at least half the map away).
8. No notching unless you can't help it (ie, your perfect aim is 1 or 2 taps off vertical).
9. No telecides (teleporting on your opponent when you have low health in order to inflict grave damage on them).
10. No defensive girders, only use girders for bouncing nades.
11. 3 points for a win.
12. 1 point for a loss.
13. Seasons last 2 months.

Some of the rules are quite vague, but the fact you are here is because we trust you to play fairly.

Current content pages, asterisk denotes pages only admins can currently see (can easily be changed):
 - Home: This is a page which displays news posts.  Each post has subject, content, name of admin, time, and date.
 - Rules: See last section.
 - Standings: A table of standings for the current season.  Contains position, name, games played, wins, losses, win rate %, and points.
 - View Games: A search page for viewing reported games.  Search by season and date range, displays results as table with date/time, winner, loser, and icon for downloading replay.
 - Report Game: A simple form for submitting games played.  Choose who you beat from dropdown list, attach replay, and submit.
 - *Invite: Contains a form field to enter the email address of the invitee.  Sends an invitation email which contains a link with a verification ID for them to sign up with.
 - *Group Email: For sending an email to all registered members. Contains a simple form with subject and message.
 - *Post News: Looks almost identical to the Group Email page but posts the message as a news item on the Home page instead of emailing.

Let me know what you think, i can afford to spend some time on this but i also have paid work to do so don't expect anything in the way of reliable deadlines.  A more complex invite system or visual redesign will take time to do, but everything else i listed can probably be sorted quickly.