Forums
May 12, 2024, 11:47 PM

Author Topic: The keyboard I am gonna buy like.. NOW  (Read 4947 times)

Offline mirux

Re: The keyboard I am gonna buy like.. NOW
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2010, 01:29 PM »
True NAiL but, as a matter of fact, you can now rope with keylock, even if you deal with it by not pressing more than 2 keys. Personally I do press more than 2 keys while I rope, so if It gets stuck, I can't rope.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2010, 01:36 PM »
Okay, the keyboard has no keylock BUT, there's a strange keylock when I keep pressed > ^ and then I press Spacebar, it doesn't respond.

Lol, that IS Keylock...

And my keyboard has that also, so I just change space to Left Control or Left Alt and it works like a dream, no Keylock at all.

Offline mirux

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2010, 01:37 PM »
Damn, I was hoping no one say that Komo lol but yeah, I ended up using keychange, I use Left Control too and it works perfectly.

Offline franz

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2010, 10:28 PM »
Has anyone tried Microsoft's SideWinder X4 anti-ghosting keyboard?  Found a few links on it:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/01/microsoft-busts-out-sidewinder-x4-anti-ghosting-keyboard/
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/gaming/productdetails.aspx?pid=105

it says it can press up to 26 keys at once ;o
looks nice too, not so bulky as tarantula or g15

Offline chakkman

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2010, 10:52 PM »
NinjaCamel posted something about it in the new keyboard thread once, here: https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/off-topic/new-keyboard/. Its the X6 though...

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2010, 11:10 PM »
Damn, I was hoping no one say that Komo lol but yeah, I ended up using keychange, I use Left Control too and it works perfectly.

Why would you hope no one says that?

There's absolutely nothing wrong with changing the key you press for spacebar, heck I don't even care if people use 2 spacebars, it's not exactly giving them an advantage, 1 is better, I only use 2 spacebars for warmers now cuz 1 can't handle 2 handed tapping like my old one could, but in normal ropers and ttrr's shoppers etc, I only use 1 space which I have mapped to left control cuz spacebar has 3 key lock with both up+direction.

The only thing I disagree with is like macros n stuff for obvious reasons, it's harder to rope with "FR" and "twitching" than it is normally lol, so let them do it, they have more chance of messing up cuz there's too much going on, imo anyway...

Offline franz

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2010, 11:44 AM »
NinjaCamel posted something about it in the new keyboard thread once, here: https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/off-topic/new-keyboard/. Its the X6 though...

hmm, true, but I look at x6 description and it doesn't say the same anti-ghosting features.  hmm..

well I've finally found a classic looking kb in the SteelSeries 7G (or coming soon a cheaper 6Gv2).. but even still, the "cheaper" 6Gv2 is $100 (7G is like $135).  why does this simple looking kb have to cost so much :(  It's all I want too.

6Gv2 pics: http://www.steelseries.com/int/products/keyboards/6gv2/pictures

how much did you guys pay for your tarantulas?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 11:50 AM by franz »

Offline darKz

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2010, 12:04 PM »
Wow, that keyboard's got to be awesome though.

Quote from: steelseries.com
The SteelSeries G Series Keyboards redefine "anti-ghosting" features by supporting as many simultaneous key presses as there are keys on the keyboard.

and

Quote from: steelseries.com
- Gold plated switches

=

sex
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline nino

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2010, 12:10 PM »
franz check out this site, i already bought at this site and you can trust, they delived in brazil, imagine in USa since they are from there.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&manufacturers_id=108&products_id=24942

iam thinking in buy the tarantula there soon.
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2010, 12:53 PM »
just get tarantula! its better than X6 imo and X6 is more expensive. dunno about X4 but i think keys r the same.  here Tarantula costs 60e + shipments
"since most people tend to the order side, its my job to spread chaos" -peja

Offline mirux

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2010, 01:42 PM »
Looks nice franz, that's the kind of keyboard i like, simple and as small as possible and of course, no key lock at all but.. US$100 is.. too much unless you're a gamer.

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2010, 01:55 PM »
naah, its not too much. im not gamer and i was gonna waste more money and im not gamer, everything else on my comp is piece of crap except Tarantula. i couldnt never think about buying thing like Tarantula for my pc xD
"since most people tend to the order side, its my job to spread chaos" -peja

Offline angus

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2010, 02:06 PM »
:-* best kb ever

Offline Csongi

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2010, 05:34 PM »
angus:i played with that kind of kb 2 and half years xD (until broke it when i got angry)  :D
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work." - Robert Orben

[avirex`mm] ill rape ur mother
[avirex`mm] twice in the same night
[avirex`mm] and she will ask for a third
[avirex`mm] cuz she's a whore

kins> Don't let girls ruins ur tus games :)

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2010, 06:51 PM »
:-* best kb ever

HAHAHA!!!!

Thats my old kb too angus! I used that for the first 3 years of wa, until the connection broke and I bought a tarantula.

IMO tarantula really wasnt worth the price.... I mean the only game I use it for is worms so I dont even make use of most of the macro features, and 10 key antighosting is of no relevance to anyone... you never need to press more than 2 or 3 keys at once. The "mega fast 0.5ms response time" is also just a selling gimmic, theres no noticable difference between this and the response time of any other kb you can buy. The illuminated logos all right but it looks abit lame to me.

I think that it may however subconsiously make you play better, as most people will have an expectation that a new kb is gonna improve their play. I like the music controls, and I like the fact its large and weighty and so it doesnt move around much when you hit it hard.
worm and learn