May 20, 2024, 12:03 AM

Poll

Would you play in a Roper League ?

Yes
120 (53.3%)
No
105 (46.7%)

Total Members Voted: 223

Author Topic: TUS Roper League - Vote : yes or no ?  (Read 13161 times)

Offline Dub-c

Re: TUS Roper League - Vote : yes or no ?
« Reply #120 on: December 22, 2010, 10:09 AM »
No your TEL rating doesn't effect your Elite rating in classic league.
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #121 on: December 22, 2010, 10:12 AM »
lol I'm not allowed to answer? What did I do?

I meant the question is not directed to you, but to anyone.

To just start having playoffs for an individual scheme like roper how would you deal with people's existing ratings in that scheme.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #122 on: December 22, 2010, 10:18 AM »
No your TEL rating doesn't effect your Elite rating in classic league.

I meant same system as in, the way it works, my bad, should have pointed that out.

To clarify, If you are worried about picking rope all the time in classic because you might get a very high rating and chance losing alot of points, this is exactly what would happen in TRL too, so either way this would happen if this is what you are worried about.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #123 on: December 22, 2010, 10:18 AM »
To just start having playoffs for an individual scheme like roper how would you deal with people's existing ratings in that scheme.

Does it matter? because if it had separate league, after the first season, we'll have the same thing.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline StepS

« Reply #124 on: December 22, 2010, 10:20 AM »
I'd just say "yes" to this 8)
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #125 on: December 22, 2010, 10:34 AM »

Does it matter? because if it had separate league, after the first season, we'll have the same thing.

I'm really glad that thought is being put in to this. I'm just trying to figure out how it would work and how well  ;D

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #126 on: December 22, 2010, 10:58 AM »
Hmm. I tried asking people for just a tus roper and I think that is going to be a problem unfortunately. Getting people to agree to just one scheme will be hard since it will effect their overall rating. When it is going to effect their overall rating I think people are going to want to pick a scheme of their choice either based on points or on the scheme they will get the most points and they will have the best chance to win. May also lead to people picking and choosing who they decide to play only roper with.

For example: spw is 100 times better then me at elite. There is no way I'm going to agree to only play a tus elite with him when I'm 90% sure to lose. I'd much rather pick another scheme that I still get good points on and have a better chance of winning.

However, I will play TEL with him whenever I can. Losing against him in TEL is only going to effect my TEL rating and not my overall rating. I have no other way to get points in TEL unless I play him in TEL.

This example assumes that the player cares about his overall rating.

Does this make sense? I'm trying to think it all out.

Offline avirex

« Reply #127 on: December 22, 2010, 11:46 AM »
i cant even be bothered reading all of ur post komo....

i scanned some of it, i noticed u said roper scheme itself is flawed, but needs a change, but when i was trying to do that...u were the main person there making long, boring posts about how its classic and does not need a change...

get lost dude, seriously... TUS does not revolve around u... ur a f@#!in bng rat, go stick to bng topics...  every f@#!in topic and debate that gets brought up on tus, no matter how small it is, our how little you are effected by it, your right there to debate, and 90% of the time you disagree with the idea... whats with you dude? get a f@#!in life.. seriously.

if people want a roper league... and obviously enough people do.. why are you here to down it???

if 50+ people wanted a bng league.. i would be confused by this.. but i would not say "NO NO NO!!! NO BNG LEAGUE!! TUS IS PERFECT!!!"  its just stupid...  you have no buisness here...

Offline Ramone

« Reply #128 on: December 22, 2010, 12:24 PM »
Oh no, not again avi!

I predict at least 5 pages of avirex vs Komo debate comming next.. ;x
Ok bets in, 20 points for 5 pages, 30 points for 8 pages, 40 points that someone will get muted or banned!
Any1 in? :P

@topic: I don't mind roper having a separated league.. In fact I think that every scheme should have a separated league.. But that would imply a complete change of league system, and I ain't a geek revolutionist enough to push this idea.. ;x

Whatever U do, don't forget to enjoy it..
hf hf

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #129 on: December 22, 2010, 01:07 PM »
Just goes to show how ignorant you are avi, if you had actually read everything I said you would notice that I actually support TRL now and changed my vote from No to Yes, why do you even bother arguing with people when you don't even read EVERYTHING they say?

All you ever do is swear and act like a child, you act like no one is allowed to give their opinion, everytime someone disagrees with you, you swear and them, insult them and more or less tell them how they don't deserve an opinion, and you have the cheek to talk about me???

I am not the only person who gets involved in alot of debates on TuS, but I seem to be however the ONLY person you NEVER agree with, heck i've even agreed on some stuff you said recently.

I get the fact you don't like me, the rest of TuS obviously knows you don't like me, but I was talking to and debating with Johnny, i've been following this topic and everything Johnny has been saying and it was HIS words that inspired me to change my vote to yes, and you don't even realise this, all you see is that I started out with a disagreement with a side-topic Johnny said, something that isn't even insulting or rude  and you decide to barge in and start trouble again.

avi, I have not even directly spoke to you for how long now? And you still come at me insulting me for no reason whatsoever.

The things I said here are my opinion and I am entitled to that, when will you learn this?

I have not been insulting anyone, so why do you always have to interupt other peoples debates and start swearing and losing your temper.

I mean wtf... I changed my vote to yes, I showed some support to this idea, and YOU ARE STILL INSULTING ME EVEN WHEN I AM ON YOUR SIDE!!!

Grow up and stop holding a grudge ffs.

And I actually did agree Roper needs a change, I just didn't agree with the change you suggested, what's wrong with that? Present something everyone likes, and then we're laughing :)

Offline THeDoGG

« Reply #130 on: December 22, 2010, 09:14 PM »
I dont understand why dont you just make the same system as TEL, but for roper ? :O

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #131 on: December 22, 2010, 09:51 PM »
I may do it as TEL, but before I wanna clear everything out. Since we have separate league for Elite, now suggestions for Roper ... this will open door for other schemes and there's possibility we torn classic league apart, so doesn't hurt to discuss it before, huh? :)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline THeDoGG

« Reply #132 on: December 23, 2010, 12:13 AM »
Hehe I understand MI you don't want to see the classic league losing some activity, but I don't think this would really happen. Other schemes are not that popular =)
Btw good idea to put that poll on the sidebar  8)

Offline avirex

« Reply #133 on: December 23, 2010, 12:26 AM »
ok komo, like i said i did not bother reading your long boring post, and i do apologies, i see you did change your vote to yes... it only took 9 pages of 'debate' for that to come...

one minute u say u would never play a TRL, next minue u say its a great idea, and would enjoy playing some skilled ropers... lol... 

well im glad you support TRL, thank you..

and monkeyI, i think its safe to say that roper, and elite are not only the most played, but also the longest running schemes of this game...   the best combination of a clanner game, and i would bet 75% of people will agree, is a roper and elite...  so having a TRL would be great... plz :(

Offline rU`

« Reply #134 on: December 23, 2010, 12:32 AM »
Was Elite at classic league affected after TEL release? Less activity?

just asking.
LaW`T0WER , LoR`T0WER at wwp 2004-2007

TdC`Leroy , cFc`Leroy at w:a 2005-2008

Played leagues: CBC/CBS, FB, XTC, LW, TUS.