Forums
May 14, 2024, 05:59 AM

Author Topic: TUS WormNet  (Read 2429 times)

Offline pr

TUS WormNet
« on: January 06, 2010, 09:36 PM »
What do you think about this guys?

Here is the MyWormNet project including source files (pascal)
http://worms.thecybershadow.net/mywormnet/

We can start with this or try to create our own.

why?

- we could implement logins and connect them to ranks

I'd try to ask lookias for that since he knows the IRC stuff well.

Offline MonkeyIsland

Re: TUS WormNet
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 09:42 PM »
CS mywormnet does not support logins and ranks. It is like itaka server. (They probably use mywormnet software).

But asking lookias about that would be a good idea.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline pr

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 10:00 PM »
CS mywormnet does not support logins and ranks. It is like itaka server. (They probably use mywormnet software).

yeah, i know. It could be a base.

Offline Ray

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 10:15 PM »
Seems like we had the same idea, I already told MI about this, that using the same login and password for TUS IRC as it is on the site would be great, especially if the ranks would be the same as it is on the site's overall rank. Would be just great, anyone want to play TUS would just login there. Awesome. :)

Offline beer

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 10:20 PM »
hum, its a good ideia when wn is down.
but i see in that tuswn that can split our comunation more then it is, no?

drama queen iz back

Offline Ray

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 10:21 PM »
Not quite, what I imagined is that people who are about to play TUS log in to TUS IRC, not WormNET. This way, there is no spamming around #AG like "TUS ne1?", instead you only log in and find a partner immediately.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline pr

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 10:42 PM »

new people would like to join TUS wormnet.
If we have ranks and logins.
Aren't you fed up with endless fakers?
We could give other interesting features for Wormnet which default one does not support.

Offline Madden

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 03:56 AM »

I agree.

Not quite, what I imagined is that people who are about to play TUS log in to TUS IRC, not WormNET. This way, there is no spamming around #AG like "TUS ne1?", instead you only log in and find a partner immediately.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

If there is someone willing to TUS in AG, then you don't need to sit there spamming for ages. They will see the msg. A seperate server wouldn't speed the process up much. I could understand if AG had 200+ users on at times, but it doesn't. Also, don't you ever just log onto WN to see what's happening and someone happens to be asking for a TUS? You didn't go looking for a TUS but you don't see any mates and you have 2 hours to kill, so why not? That's definitely happened to me a few times.

We could give other interesting features for Wormnet which default one does not support.

New people...Who? New TUS'ers? Yes, sure. New wormers? No.

If we successfully managed to get ranks and logins working and most of the worming population moved to the TUS server, then we'd have to try and get newbs to come to the tus server too. That's not a good thing in my opinion. I hope we all know that the noobs of today are the community of tomorrow. Adding yet another obstacle in the way of them and worming enlightenment will only harm the long term future of worms!

I seriously don't think seperate servers are the way forward, big thumbs down from me :0o0o
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 04:01 AM by Madden »
[NAiL`bOr] if u see me
[NAiL`bOr] ur gonna think im f@#!in weird man

Offline beer

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 03:59 AM »
word madde, if u tell me that u wanna make a serv that we can use whtn wn is that, oh eya, thats a good ideia, but one to play tus? nah
sometimes u arent there to play tus but some one ask and u plays!this case is more evicende in clanner, i log in there and ppl ask me for clanner and then i can see if u got someone on msn. it wouldnt happen there cose if i was alone and didnt want tus singles i would join TuSwn..
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 04:01 AM by beer »

drama queen iz back

Offline GodiTo

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2010, 05:28 AM »
Great idea, as Ray said, there wouldn't be spamming at least.
Maybe there should be a counter as on TUS site to count how much people in TUS WN, and the record was : x ..... :P

Offline Alien

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2010, 06:27 AM »
I agree definitely with Madden ! :D

Offline Random00

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2010, 08:02 AM »

I agree.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

If there is someone willing to TUS in AG, then you don't need to sit there spamming for ages. They will see the msg. A seperate server wouldn't speed the process up much. I could understand if AG had 200+ users on at times, but it doesn't. Also, don't you ever just log onto WN to see what's happening and someone happens to be asking for a TUS? You didn't go looking for a TUS but you don't see any mates and you have 2 hours to kill, so why not? That's definitely happened to me a few times.

New people...Who? New TUS'ers? Yes, sure. New wormers? No.

If we successfully managed to get ranks and logins working and most of the worming population moved to the TUS server, then we'd have to try and get newbs to come to the tus server too. That's not a good thing in my opinion. I hope we all know that the noobs of today are the community of tomorrow. Adding yet another obstacle in the way of them and worming enlightenment will only harm the long term future of worms!

I seriously don't think seperate servers are the way forward, big thumbs down from me :0o0o

applaud for this, so true. :)

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2010, 08:07 AM »
Well the idea of TUS WN itself came out because WN was down at that time. Maybe when we get much bigger than this, we could pull such thing.

I hope we all know that the noobs of today are the community of tomorrow.

That's so true. It's the noobs of a community that keep it alive. This concept has been forgotten a lot lately.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline GodiTo

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2010, 12:47 PM »
It's good that TUS has a nice community, and have nice members / guys, however there is some disliked guys too, but the community is great. Most of guys are helpful (like the Moderators + also MI of course), what makes all the "new" players to ask the mods (it's kinda crap, cos usually always these are the situation : every ask the mods xDDD).

Offline Ray

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2010, 02:18 PM »
Hmm, you guys might be right at these points.

Although, I would still consider creating one for the sake of the tourneys that will come soon. You could only log in with your TUS account info, ranks would be total ranks of the leagues, no random people joining the channel, that would be good in my opinion, at least for a tourney.