Forums
May 02, 2024, 10:25 PM

Author Topic: Yo  (Read 60 times)

Offline HHC

Yo
« on: November 06, 2012, 10:41 PM »
So Perf's the new design leader?

What you got in store for us Perf, and how can I help?

What needs to be done?

Offline Perfect

Re: Yo
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 12:03 AM »
Ello Bart. :) I'll start off with a small intro about myself.

I'm Perf, I love worms and I pride myself in trying to make things wormy. I've built a few wormy websites in my time and I've kept up with the trends of HTML, CSS, and overall web design. I don't refer to myself as a professional, but I do feel I am very competent in molding a project into a perfect blend of worminess.

I don't like to see myself as the leader of this design project, but more of a guide. So everyone's input (from the group) is always appreciated and welcomed.

So what is the overall goal? An easy flowing design that incorporates quick links with organized sub-links is what seems to be requested here. This, with the inclusion of a more wormy environment, with not too much load on bandwidth, CPU usage, or eye strain...  And perhaps one day there can be a mobile version of this site, that is if we survive this project. :P

I give no promises, deadlines, or timelines. Any of you are always welcome to take charge. Let's do have a vote before inviting others to this group.

And ok, that's it.

I like to start things off by uploading a pic image of how the site could look. It can be bland, blocks w/ solid colors, or a canvas of blocks and wormy images positioned in ideal places. Those who have a preference to working on looks, can submit an editable PNG file on this forum.

We also need someone to make a list of all navigation links, and possible recommended links (dynamic or static). Possibilities on structure of the navigation can be drawn out. Perhaps a simple menu and advanced menu (on the side) could be included. I think we should agree what does not belong and where to put it.

Down the line we will need to see how to actually test the template out as we work on it. We will need to coordinate with MI. I believe there is a link somewhere that says how to do it.

Questions? Comments? Lets get to drawing.

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 03:39 AM »
Hello perf and bart. Nice to see things going. It is 4 am here but it appears I can't sleep. Excuse me of my poor sleepy english in advance. I am an IT engineer as bart already knew and my help will more be on the application navigation view rather than the visual design because I frankly admit that I am not really good in that. I believe i've been added to this group because few of my ideas here.
In my opinion, the first step is to have a click heat map of the current default design in order to be able to know exactly what links are the most used.
Also, I don't think we need a lot of member because too many people mean long time to manage.
Finally, I think there's a little work to do in the back end also in order to make this site more user friendly. We shouldn't forget it because it is important for the user to not loose himself. One of them for example can be to minimize the usage of the forum for certain task as cup/tournament hosting and complaints.

Offline Perfect

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 06:13 PM »
Great stuff zippeur. Good to see your ahead of it. I'll try to draw a working editable PNG tonight of what I have in as one of the few rough roughdrafts for designs.

Offline Perfect

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 09:53 PM »
Also, this heat map for the links: Will you be coordinating this with MI?

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 08:01 AM »
I'm sorry what? Not following.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 03:28 PM »
MI could you set up a click heatmap. here is a nice tuto on why it is useful and how to install it.