Forums
April 26, 2024, 02:39 PM

Author Topic: Private Module  (Read 2304 times)

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
Re: Private Module
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2021, 01:42 PM »
I don't see anything confusing about it.

I mean: so much wear (dozens of posts), for something that should be simple and not the subject of so much discussion. If you don't like it, don't use it and you can refuse to play with someone that uses it (the module, how is it being idealized, would send a message telling that the player is using it). On the other hand, we could try to think about ways to detect if someone is using some private module (something that can already happen and we don't know).
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 01:53 PM by Albus »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2021, 01:48 PM »
I mean: so much wear (dozens of posts), for something that should be simple and not the subject of so much discussion.

What are you saying? We are not allowed to discuss it? You would rather just have people sit in silence, and accept all new ideas?

You're being very subjective right now Albus.

The notion of not accepting change keeps being raised even though my personal favoured outcome(which i've stated multiple times) is a change that means people who want it can have it, and people who don't want it can still play without it. Which seems to be constantly ignored.

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2021, 01:50 PM »
What are you saying? We are not allowed to discuss it? You would rather just have people sit in silence, and accept all new ideas?

I edited the post.

Of course, we can discuss it. But it would be healthier to discuss things like: will I be able to know if my opponent is using it? Will it be allowed in leagues? This kind of thing. I expected this kind of discussion and not obstacles for people to have access to something that will make the game more enjoyable for them.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 01:51 PM by Albus »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2021, 01:59 PM »
If you don't like it, don't use it and you can refuse to play with someone that uses it

I think it should be the other way around, similar to how choices already happen in TUS for example.

The standard way of playing, is without these modules, though players can agree to play with the modules, upon disagreement games must be played without modules.

Of course, we can discuss it. But it would be healthier to discuss things like: will I be able to know if my opponent is using it? Will it be allowed in leagues? This kind of thing.

We have been discussing those things.

I expected this kind of discussion and not obstacles for people to have access to something that will make the game more enjoyable for them.

It seems like you want everything you want to happen automatically, without any kind of resistance whatsoever, as if what you want is inherently beneficial to absolutely everyone.

Not a very strong argument Albus.