Forums
April 27, 2024, 10:01 AM

Author Topic: wkRemapKeys question  (Read 1956 times)

Offline MrChips

wkRemapKeys question
« on: July 01, 2015, 12:04 AM »
I managed to map my function keys f1,f2... but I can't seem to map backspace and right click. I tried using codes #2 and #8 but it's not working out. Am I using the correct codes?

Offline Tomi

Re: wkRemapKeys question
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 03:08 PM »
As i know you can remap only the standard keys with that tool. it didnt work for me either to replace the keys i use to rope.
Btw remapping right click? :D just learn the shortkeys for the weapons ;)

Offline StepS

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 04:31 PM »
You can't remap mouse keys. And the backspace button is supposed to work, it's called "Backspace" I think.
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Tomi

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 05:00 PM »
btw i made a quick keyremapper tool last days, because i reinstalled windows and couldn't find any good remapper which would work.. so stay tuned, maybe i will share that tool ^^

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 05:28 PM »
GreatRemapper?  :D Would be nice.

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2015, 08:24 PM »
Maybe it will be called "RemapShark." Who knows?
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

Offline MarianRV

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2015, 08:34 PM »
Maybe it will be called "RemapShark." Who knows?
Why Shark? :o

Offline aik

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2015, 11:26 AM »
Why not use autohotkey? It even maps Mouse - if you whant.

I use it for mapping Space to the left WinKey, because Space doesn't always work.
It also helps me with typing !ammo baz inf, !crate ban 0 etc.

my worms.ahk

LWin::
   SetKeyDelay, 50
   Send, {Space down}
   Send, {Space up}
return

^h::
    Send {!}ammo baz inf
   Send,{Enter}
    Send {!}crate ban 0
    Send,{Enter}
   Send {!}ammo drill inf
    Send,{Enter}
   Send {!}fuse {?}
    Send,{Enter}
   Send {!}aquasheep on
    Send,{Enter}
return

...it is important to use up and down with keydelay in game - just "send, {Space};" i.e. doesn't work
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 10:25 PM by aik »
<dream>
One day CyberShadow will push worms source code to github by accident…
</dream>

Offline ANO

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2015, 11:35 AM »
Why not use autohotkey? It even maps Mouse - if you whant.

I use it for mapping Space to the left WinKey, because Space doesn't always work.
It also helps me with typing !ammo baz inf, !crate ban 0 etc.

my worms.ahk

LWin::
   SetKeyDelay, 50
   Send, {Space down}
   Send, {Space up}
return

^h::
    Send {!}ammo baz inf
   Send,{Enter}
    Send {!}crate ban 0
    Send,{Enter}
   Send {!}ammo drill inf
    Send,{Enter}
   Send {!}fuse {?}
    Send,{Enter}
   Send {!}aquasheep on
    Send,{Enter}
return

...it is important to use up and down with keydelay in game - just "send, {Space};" i.e. doesn't work

"Delay"??? I think that's a cheat.

Offline aik

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2015, 11:50 AM »
"Delay"??? I think that's a cheat.
...it acts just as my normal SpaceKey would. It's just that AHK sends the keys for a too short time without delay.
i.e.
send, {Space};
would sometimes result in shoot, sometimes not.

Think if that's really considered cheating you'd have to bann certain Keyboards and other hardware related things.
imo it's simmilar to not considering /arrows cheating (because then a larger monitor with better resolution would also be cheating).

I think cheating would start, where somebody uses double pressed Space for one key to get a Liero like rope or something.
I tried that [offline] out of curiosity - doesn't make you better. I sometimes see people using things like that failing a lot of times =)

« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 11:55 AM by aik »
<dream>
</dream>

Offline StepS

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2015, 12:38 PM »
Why not use autohotkey?
Because the purpose of wkRemapKeys is integration with the game. The game's code is updated directly, we don't send any inputs via external programs (which, by the way, can take a while before their input comes through to the game, as they're in a separate process - the main reason why integrated solutions are better). Therefore, all key inputs are synchronous, and pressing remapped keys is as momentary as pressing non-remapped keys.
Another thing is that, since the module updates the game's code, it has access to determining whether the chat is open and whether we are currently in-game. Thus, wkRemapKeys does its work only during the game and doesn't affect chatting. And while you could create pageUp/pageDown triggers in an AHK script, it's never synchronized because you never know what state the chat is currently in, and how it was/will be when a round ends or starts, or how many times you pressed the buttons, etc. This problem doesn't exist with an integrated solution.
If mouse remapping is needed, the module could be extended to support that feature.
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline aik

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2015, 03:08 PM »
Because the purpose of wkRemapKeys is integration with the game.
Yeah, true. And it's great (thx). Sadly no 3.6.31 and therefore PX-support... with Steam version I use wk...
If mouse remapping is needed, the module could be extended to support that feature.
You are cool! Suggested ahk because of the mouse support - underestimated your caring (and my esitmation was high from what I hear).

Use the WK! =)
<dream>
</dream>