Forums
April 26, 2024, 07:44 AM

Author Topic: wkropeshot  (Read 2966 times)

Offline Kradie

wkropeshot
« on: September 24, 2021, 03:06 PM »
How about a module that shows how many shots you used with ninja rope? :)
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline TheKomodo

Re: wkropeshot
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2021, 03:12 PM »
How about a module that shows how many shots you used with ninja rope? :)

That would actually be useful for challenges, say you have to complete a map in x amount of shots or less.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2021, 05:48 PM »
Good idea  :-\
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline nizikawa

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2021, 10:34 AM »
« Last Edit: July 25, 2023, 05:22 AM by nizikawa »

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2021, 12:39 PM »
afaik you can export log and count how many times you fired rope and go from there

Offline Kradie

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2021, 01:02 PM »
afaik you can export log and count how many times you fired rope and go from there
In game man In game. It would be good for challenges to as mentioned. Also It could be fun to guess how many shots you fired IN the game. Plus new schemes could be made from such module. Besides It's for fun :)

Offline Kradie

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2021, 09:56 AM »
And now seriously: such modules do not bring anything significant to actual gameplay, target a very small niche, are very polarizing and to be honest - boring as hell to implement. Someone said I should stick to my "big" modules and I agree with that. If there is a significant need for such functionality - request it from Deadcode to be added as a scheme option in future update.

This thread has been around for a while now and received little replies, as a result this could Indicate that there is low Interest for such tool.

But my argument is that Worms Armageddon is at least 50% roping. I believe such module would be beneficial for the whole of WA community. Why? Look to my own two schemes Chaos Collect, and Super Collect. These schemes requires the use of the crate counter. Imagine what schemes rope shot counter could make, and the types of challenges people could make with it. Perhaps even beginners could find it useful.

I can Imagine myself in a Big Rope Race, and I would say after my turn ''Wow, 50 rope shots!''. That could perhaps register curiosity among other players and they could ask how I know that, and this is where I would reply ''It's a nifty little module where counts your rope shots''. I guess that alone could spark a broader appeal for the module. People could be more Inclined to get it, especially if there are new schemes made for it.

But If you are still against the Idea, I will ask someone else.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2021, 07:33 PM »
And now seriously: such modules do not bring anything significant to actual gameplay, target a very small niche, are very polarizing and to be honest - boring as hell to implement. Someone said I should stick to my "big" modules and I agree with that. If there is a significant need for such functionality - request it from Deadcode to be added as a scheme option in future update.

This thread has been around for a while now and received little replies, as a result this could Indicate that there is low Interest for such tool.

But my argument is that Worms Armageddon is at least 50% roping. I believe such module would be beneficial for the whole of WA community. Why? Look to my own two schemes Chaos Collect, and Super Collect. These schemes requires the use of the crate counter. Imagine what schemes rope shot counter could make, and the types of challenges people could make with it. Perhaps even beginners could find it useful.

I can Imagine myself in a Big Rope Race, and I would say after my turn ''Wow, 50 rope shots!''. That could perhaps register curiosity among other players and they could ask how I know that, and this is where I would reply ''It's a nifty little module where counts your rope shots''. I guess that alone could spark a broader appeal for the module. People could be more Inclined to get it, especially if there are new schemes made for it.

Start the development on the module now, Kradie.  You are a talented creator of schemes, now it's time for the natural transition into modules. 

Offline Kradie

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2021, 05:17 AM »

Start the development on the module now, Kradie.  You are a talented creator of schemes, now it's time for the natural transition into modules.
Heh. I do appreciate those kind words from you. But I know nothing of programmering because it never was an Interest of mine.

Offline nizikawa

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2021, 03:22 PM »
« Last Edit: July 25, 2023, 05:19 AM by nizikawa »

Offline Deadcode

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2021, 07:35 PM »
As far as I'm concerned, remembering the number of rope shots is essential roping skill. Such module would degrade the competitive spirit of the game and discourage new players from learning essential game skills. Besides, anyone can keep track of rope shots in memory or write them on paper, so there is in point in automating this task.
With recent drama in mind, I refuse to implement it.
I don't understand this reaction at all. It seems like quite an innocent option to me, and furthermore with the Ninja Rope power set to 1-4 stars the game already shows the number of remaining shots at the top of the screen every time the rope is attached. It also already shows the amount of remaining Ninja Rope ammo in the weapon panel.

Under which circumstances and in which schemes would you consider counting the number of rope shots to be "an essential game skill"? Isn't it currently a completely irrelevant "skill" to any existing schemes?

This seems like an overreaction that is provoked by the community's justified negative response to wkWormOrder.

If there is a significant need for such functionality - request it from Deadcode to be added as a scheme option in future update.
It's a really easy change to make and I see no reason not to do it. I'd be happy to add it as a scheme option.

Offline nizikawa

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2021, 07:48 PM »
« Last Edit: July 25, 2023, 05:19 AM by nizikawa »

Offline Deadcode

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2021, 08:26 PM »
Sorry, that was just a pun on drama caused by wkWormOrder.
Oh! LOL, I guess I got whooshed.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2021, 01:20 AM »
As far as I'm concerned, remembering the number of rope shots is essential roping skill. Such module would degrade the competitive spirit of the game and discourage new players from learning essential game skills. Besides, anyone can keep track of rope shots in memory or write them on paper, so there is in point in automating this task.
With recent drama in mind, I refuse to implement it.
I don't understand this reaction at all. It seems like quite an innocent option to me, and furthermore with the Ninja Rope power set to 1-4 stars the game already shows the number of remaining shots at the top of the screen every time the rope is attached. It also already shows the amount of remaining Ninja Rope ammo in the weapon panel.

Under which circumstances and in which schemes would you consider counting the number of rope shots to be "an essential game skill"? Isn't it currently a completely irrelevant "skill" to any existing schemes?

This seems like an overreaction that is provoked by the community's justified negative response to wkWormOrder.

If there is a significant need for such functionality - request it from Deadcode to be added as a scheme option in future update.
It's a really easy change to make and I see no reason not to do it. I'd be happy to add it as a scheme option.

/r/Wooosh
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline Kradie

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2021, 07:35 AM »
This would be awesome if you did that Deadcode! Thank you  :)

Maybe also show rope shots while using rope.

;D