Forums
April 29, 2024, 03:53 AM

Author Topic: wkWormOrder v. 1.2.0 released  (Read 23795 times)

Offline cgar

Re: wkWormOrder v. 1.0.1 released
« Reply #120 on: September 10, 2021, 05:03 PM »
Exactly.
At least if this module gets updated to show both it will have a message saying that it is happening. Which will serve to at least nudge people to be more open about it. They could still do it in secret if they want, but this module will be more seamless so hopefully at least some who are doing it will migrate to the more honest option.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #121 on: September 10, 2021, 05:10 PM »
Any player who wants to use this should not be denied it because someone wants to impose their will on everyone

My ideal solution is to give the option to people, so casual players and competitive players have the choice to include it or not. So all participating parties in a game must agree to it, or it cannot be used.

Your ideal solution is to just make it happen regardless of people who don't want it.

My ideal solution helps both sides, your solution only helps your own.

The replay format would have to be changed to make this impossible.

This would be ideal.

But if anything it should be made more open, not less. To allow for more creativity from the community. Especially if anything people make just gets them flack from you. People should be encouraged to make cool things for the community not driven away.

Of course, you are entitled to your subjective opinion, it's a shame you are stuck on your personal opinion of me rather than looking at the bigger picture.

Nobody here has said people who want to make cool things for the community should be driven away, i've often went out of my way to praise people for their work.

Though absolutely there should be some kind of approval needed so it doesn't get out of hand.

Giving anyone the ability or opportunity to do whatever they want, whenever they want is dangerous to the future of the game and we should monitor this closely.

Rather than refuse to acknowledge that this has been a common thing for people to do for years you want to instead suddenly lock everything down which will only serve to stifle people's creativity to make cool wormkits or make cool stuff surrounding replays. I am glad you are not an authority on this subject. Despite acting like you are

This is the first time i've ever heard anyone talk about this, and it's not exactly something in huge demand by a majority of the community.

I do not want to "lock everything down", you are exaggerating, stop being immature and spreading lies.

Likewise i'm glad you are not an authority on this subject, I strongly believe if this game was left to your will alone the game would eventually ruin based on your attitude thus far.

Are you speaking about yourself? That is exactly what this module would do! lol. That's what the message about its use is for. There is no message when someone uses the replay method. Or wireshark or whatever.

If this message means that this module is impossible to use unless agreed unanimously by all participating players, then i'm happy with that.

In theory, we can prevent people from using software to gain an advantage over their opponents, whereas we cannot monitor and control people using pen & paper unless we literally invade their privacy by requiring players to use webcams or something.

People can already do it so banning it to protect leagues is pointless.

People can already use this module, as unfortunately in my opinion, it has already been released. However before this module was made people couldn't already do the same thing, only something similar.

Banning it to protect leagues is not pointless, in theory we can monitor software used and apps accessed, it would require updates, though it would be worth it in my opinion.

How can you force somebody not to use something if you can't even detect if they're using it or not. In this case you can try to convince people, but not force them.

This thread could potentially lead to the official developers making updates to this game to actually detect it.

Also, cgar posting "proof" was something we already knew before he posted said "proof", he had lost track of the conversation at that point.

Also, there are other people who don't like it, cgar is exaggerating and acting immature by saying "It's apparently that Komito doesn't like it and wants to force everyone not to be able to use it".

There are also people who are simply afraid of confrontation who aren't willing to share their opinions.

If people actually read this thread with care though, they would see multiple posts from me saying i'd be happy for people to use it if it's included in such a manner where it can only be used when all participating parties agree to use it.

So please be wary that cgar is lying about what I want.

Offline Sir-J

« Reply #122 on: September 10, 2021, 05:21 PM »
-
« Last Edit: September 08, 2023, 05:47 AM by Rudolf289 »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #123 on: September 10, 2021, 05:34 PM »
So yeah, if this thread will lead to changes like this, then it's good.

I personally feel there are other uses as well, it's nice to talk about stuff in general, sometimes you can bond with people over similar perspectives. I often have people message me in private to discuss things that have been discussed on these forums, though they don't wish to get involved privately.

Personally not sure if Deadcode, CyberShadow or any of the Team17 staff read these forums with stuff like this, although I know they've had people visit in the past.

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 10, 2021, 06:26 PM »
Komito, you use wkRemapKeys. In your stream we can see that you use W/A/S/D for roping:

Isn't wkRemapKey something that makes roping easier for you or something that make more enjoyable? The game, natively, was made to play on arrows, correct? But you use rope with W/A/S/D because you find it easier. However, your criticism of these modules is that, by freeing players from having to user pen and paper, it will make the game easier. What differentiates this from the purpose of wkRemapKeys for you?

I have nothing against wkRemapKeys. I use it and I think it makes it easier to do combos in hysteria. And I'm using it for roping too, because I use 2 buttons (X and C), which makes it easier to control the rope. But the game, for example, wasn't originally designed to use 2 button roping. What do you think about it?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 06:29 PM by Albus »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #125 on: September 10, 2021, 06:31 PM »
It doesn't make roping easier for me lol, i've been a very experienced roper for over 20 years roping as standard. I can also rope without wkRemapKeys though, and plug in another keyboard and use the arrows on that keyboard so I could use the spacebar with my right hand.

If this wasn't allowed, I wouldn't have a problem with it. :D

Nice try though. 8)

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 10, 2021, 06:34 PM »
But you are against the existence of wkRemapKey? Are you against who uses it because it makes it easier, for example, roping with 2 buttons? Or do combos on hysteria?

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #127 on: September 10, 2021, 06:36 PM »
But you are against the existence of wkRemapKey? Are you against who uses it because it makes it easier, for example, roping with 2 buttons? Or do combos on hysteria?

I personally like the wkRemapKey module. Though i'd happily support banning it if there were enough players providing good reasons to ban it.

I played WA for about 20 years without it, so it's no problem for me.

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 10, 2021, 06:38 PM »

I personally like the wkRemapKey module. Though i'd happily support banning it if there were enough players providing good reasons to ban it.

I played WA for about 20 years without it, so it's no problem for me.

Do you think it's wrong use two buttons for roping? The game was originally designed for 1 button, correct? What do you think about that.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #129 on: September 10, 2021, 06:45 PM »
Do you think it's wrong use two buttons for roping? The game was originally designed for 1 button, correct? Two buttons makes tap faster. What do you think about that.

Yes, my opinion about 2 spacebars or more has always been clear, I don't like it.

Also, you are not using my point about making things easier in the right context.

Whether I rope normal(arrows) or invert(WASD) doesn't make roping easier in general for everyone, it doesn't change the aspects of the game I have to learn and train my mind and body to memorize and practise. I don't even need wkRemapKeys to do this as it's possible cross handed, or plug in 2 keyboards as i've previously mentioned.

Making modules that keep track of your own worms, opponents worms, and the weapons players have used, actually takes a part of the learning curve away from everyone in general, it actually changes a part of strategic schemes.

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 10, 2021, 06:48 PM »
Yes, my opinion about 2 spacebars or more has always been clear, I don't like it.

So, do you think that those who use 2 buttons for roping have an unfair advantage over those who play the game in the way it was created (1 button only)? If someone creates a thread asking for the module to be banned for that reason, will you support it?

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #131 on: September 10, 2021, 06:53 PM »
So, do you think that those who use 2 buttons for roping have an unfair advantage over those who play the game in the way it was created (1 button only)? If someone creates a thread asking for the module to be banned for that reason, will you support it?

I don't like it, though the reason why has nothing to do about the game being created that way because some keyboards literally have multiple spacebars.

Even though I don't like it, I can still respect people who take the time to train the skill required to get good at it.

So no, I wouldn't support banning it based on the fact there are keyboards with multiple spacebars already available to purchase.

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 10, 2021, 06:55 PM »

I don't like it, though the reason why has nothing to do about the game being created that way because some keyboards literally have multiple spacebars.

Even though I don't like it, I can still respect people who take the time to train the skill required to get good at it.

So no, I wouldn't support banning it based on the fact there are keyboards with multiple spacebars already available to purchase.

From everything you've said so far in this topic, I find you very contradictory with your posture about 2 buttons for roping.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #133 on: September 10, 2021, 06:56 PM »
From everything you've said so far, I find you very contradictory.

Why?

Offline cgar

« Reply #134 on: September 10, 2021, 07:02 PM »
Albus's point is spot on. You're happy to moan about a module you are not invested in being a potential advantage to others. But when it's something you use yourself suddenly take no issue. What happend to your luddite'ism when it comes to multi binding keys with remap keys? Why does the silly "ItS nOt HoW tHe GaMe WaS MaDe" argument there?