Forums
April 26, 2024, 04:58 PM

Author Topic: BnG notching  (Read 3911 times)

Offline Prankster

Re: BnG notching
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2016, 05:44 PM »
when you say "i used to support NRBNG" did you mean... yesterday?? because thats when you posted in this thread " btw, it should be rather NRBnG, imo." lol

Well, yeah, lol, you're right. I didn't think that through yesterday, and I've watched some of my old games since then. Some made mea little vexed even after years. So yeah, I've just changed my mind, but I still did :D

I understand why you mentioned telecide, and, of course, it is an option in NRBnG, I just think it's stupid in general. One more thing against NRBnG from my point of view.

Also, yeah, probably nothing's gonna change anyway :)

Offline skunk3

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2017, 07:39 AM »
I never learned how to notch but I don't understand why people complain about it. To me it seems only natural to use such a technique in a scheme like BnG. I've noticed that BnG is one of those schemes in which people love to complain a lot. People complain if a nade sits for like 0.001 seconds. People complain about notching. People complain about rollers. People complain about using 5 second nades without LG. I say f@#! all of that. As long as you aren't doing a straight, full power zook or tossing sitters, anything goes. That's just my 2 cents.

Offline avirex

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2017, 07:45 AM »
so true...

i am honestly not sure i have ever been in a bng game, where at least one person does not say "lame"   "cheat"   or some other bs complaint.

its pretty annoying.. i used to try and play bng by w:a's so called "bng code of honor" but then people generally dont give the same respect... but then i realized... why should they? the game is meant to be played for the win, as long as you do not break any of the rules... play to win! by any means necessary  period.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2017, 05:48 AM »
Exactly. If someone has learned how to notch with a reasonable degree of accuracy, why should they not be allowed to do it, or have to listen to complaints? It's a skill. I quite enjoy BnG as a scheme but I don't take it super seriously. I've never been one of those guys who can pull off crazy 5 sec lg shots that bounce off of a pixel of land somewhere and explode perfectly on someone's face. I've always been happy enough doing *any* damage, and never really saw the point of doing anything fancy if I could more reliably do damage otherwise. Then again, that's just the kind of player I am. I don't see the need for doing unnecessary tricks in rope-based games either, which is probably why I've always thought that warmers are boring. I play to win; I don't play to show off.

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2017, 06:39 AM »
Skunk, just wondering, if you accept that BnG should be played for the win, why do you complain so much about people not respecting ABL in Worms WMD? In my experience those 'gentleman' rules are only followed when playing with friends, and usually it makes the game more boring and take longer. I do agree that the only logical thing for BnG is to get rid of all the rules requiring style, honor, variation, etc.

The problem with notching is that people have aides. There is a massive aides epidemic in the BnG'ing community. They just hold their guide up to the screen, count the required number of arrow taps, and hold the space bar full power. I don't think it requires much skill to win unless you're up against another expert notcher.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2017, 11:40 AM »
Do you hire someone to tie your shoelaces in the morning too? Or hold your hand while you cross the road.

Good for you  :)

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2017, 08:40 PM »
Do you hire someone to tie your shoelaces in the morning too? Or hold your hand while you cross the road.

Lol, I wasn't talking about that kind of aides. Maybe I am thinking about aids. Not positive which term is correct tbh.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2017, 08:51 PM »
Sorry j0e, wasn't directed at you, should have stated that.

Offline Gabriel

• Slacker is a queefer

• Chile Chile
  • UC UC clan

• Might come back later idk
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2017, 08:57 PM »

Lol, I wasn't talking about that kind of aides. Maybe I am thinking about aids. Not positive which term is correct tbh.

FUUUUUUU

I forgot j0e told me to tell hi to komo from his part

Just remembered... was like 2 weeks ago
Mole shopper is the worst thing in the world.

« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2017, 08:51 AM »

I thought all of us had our own worms caddie, was it just me? I guess I'll have to let Winston go then. Back to the wild, you rapscallion.

I haven't seen anyone actually say they're using such things, but it probably wouldn't be that hard to do, sadly.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2017, 02:30 PM »
Notchers are cancer of BnG. Well, they've ruined it for me at least.

Offline Husk

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2017, 12:29 AM »
is it really that bad tho j0e... i don't know any1 who does what u described... am i just too naive?

i thought bng is cool atm.. there havn't been many complaints recently? i could be wrong

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2017, 04:12 AM »
I don't know tbh. Isn't that how notching is done? People don't just memorize the distances. Never used them but I have a couple of said aids on my old computer.

« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2017, 06:10 AM »
I just memorize the distances Joe. What you're describing is notching + cheating, since visual aids are banned. 4 sec full powers for example, you practice pointing to the spot you're aiming for until you have a good idea where each notch lands.

We're not the cancer Sensei, it's just using a game mechanic (one that non-notchers constantly use as well) and playing the scheme optimally, within the rules. Nobody should be faulted for doing that when the goal is to play to win.