Forums
May 01, 2024, 10:52 PM

Author Topic: HOW TO MAKE WA AS E-SPORTS GAME!! AND GET PAID!!  (Read 4719 times)

Offline cOke

Re: HOW TO MAKE WA AS E-SPORTS GAME!! AND GET PAID!!
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2013, 11:25 PM »
p.s. i will do an english version of the big tutorial but ONLY if i can do it in a broken russian english accent. thanks for your help and support worms friends.
HNN4EVA

Offline Free

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2013, 07:06 AM »
ok i have a number of points to make

firstly razor making a roping keyboard... no

team 17 is a problem as they are obviously f@#!ed in the head

thirdly, cue has NOT got a nice voice. i mean cue, for f@#!s sake. he could easily be a wa poster boy but the voice lets him down imo.

secondly i hate to say it but CS and DC is not enough, i don't want to complain but two part time developers being the only ones with full source code is not going to produce 4.0 in any reasonable time frame or any serious developments in the next 10 years

im trying to stay positive free but its such a very dark and disappointing future for this game

Well I'm hyped up and thinking about the big picture, but I realize we need to focus on small steps.

The hing about development is that I'm actually willing to pay for them to coding, aslong as they are up to it ofcourse, I'm going to talk with them as soon as we, as community figure out  the best product possible to make eSport as a possibility.

When it comes to Team17, it's just like any business. once they see value (media coverage or dollars) "suddenly" the interest peaks again. They probably won't make big bucks out of selling WA anymore, but if WA hits on the eSports scene big, it will help them out in their future games = value.

Thinking outside the box and working really hard is the way we're going go make this.

We'll see how this turns out, I won't quit that's for certain, it's been my dream for years, only regret I have is that we didn't start doing this earlier when eSports boom was at it's peak (but I do believe eSports will be the future), well Ze Germans saw some value in Worms back in the days.

I don't even want to say this out loud but even if my big vision fails, atleast we attracted more (who knows how many) new players to this lovely game of ours.

I'd love for you to make an english version of the Big Tutorial with your sexy broken russian accent. :)

Offline Free

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2013, 11:47 AM »
So the player from the finnish pc forum I was talking about was called xAIFx if it rings any bells. He seemed to know what he's talking about but I can't remember him, probably cos I was taking a break during WL times.

I asked him if he would like to help to spread the word, let's see.

Offline Hussar

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2013, 12:24 PM »
Am counting on u and ur idea Free, would be awesome if we could show WA to many other eye's.

I'll try to create some helpfull ideas.

Offline Free

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2013, 12:32 PM »
Am counting on u and ur idea Free, would be awesome if we could show WA to many other eye's.

I'll try to create some helpfull ideas.

We will, start is looking good, the stream was success even though we have lots of tweaking to do and whats really positive is that everyone seems to be willing to help out. :) Hopefully this will bring our community closer like it used to.

Offline OrangE

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2013, 03:22 PM »
Talking about esports is a bit early i'd say, but the direction we want to take is definitely that one :D

Maybe with the next versions of the game all will be really ready to go hardcore and mainstream? who knows, let's stay on this boat anyway!!

btw great news: thanks to KRD i've managed to get an even better video quality. i'm working on audio now, hope to get good results soon.

Offline Crazy

« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2013, 04:49 PM »
So the player from the finnish pc forum I was talking about was called xAIFx if it rings any bells. He seemed to know what he's talking about but I can't remember him, probably cos I was taking a break during WL times.

I asked him if he would like to help to spread the word, let's see.

I was in a clan with AIF in 2002 on WWP actually, his real name is Denis Galkin I think. It was like you said during WL. He's a really nice guy, and does know what he's talking about

Offline SPW

« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2013, 05:26 PM »
We also need semi-professional clans. I'm working on a vision, which I already had some years ago.

Soon something will change with Cold Fusion.  8)

We have to protect the veterans to promote WA as good as possbile.

Nice ideas Free and a good vision. Keep it and I'm sure we can do it! :)