Forums
May 01, 2024, 06:27 PM

Author Topic: HOW TO MAKE WA AS E-SPORTS GAME!! AND GET PAID!!  (Read 4718 times)

Offline Abnaxus

Re: HOW TO MAKE WA AS E-SPORTS GAME!! AND GET PAID!!
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2013, 09:13 AM »
but also kill a lot of things that one might call 'community cohesion', 'friendship', 'fair-play', 'noob-friendliness', etc.
It's already too late for that.

So I'm ok for that idea.
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

Offline Tomi

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2013, 11:42 AM »
I think we should make a good video to show how various this game is. And in parallel we should develop a that kind of release of the game where you don't have to install updates, don't have to make tricks to run the game on different operating systems and the most important that the game wouldn't lag on a new generation computer. It can be a really hard work to do that, but I think it is just needed. And I guess that only 2 programmers are not enough to make this.
About advertising.. Team17 is very good at advertising, they have made a facebook game and a lot of things to try to make popular their new, but horrible products. And this advertising is still in progress, so I think that they wouldn't support this movement, because they would lose a lot of money.

These were my ideas which came in my mind firstly. :D

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2013, 12:26 PM »
awesome vid wont help worms become popular. this is toritastic, awesome vid:

did you ever hear about toribash tho? any of you friends ever played toribash? ;D
To raise popularity we need lets play vids on W:A, minecraft become popular by lets plays, dayz and others

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2013, 01:17 PM »
awesome vid wont help worms become popular. this is toritastic, awesome vid:

did you ever hear about toribash tho? any of you friends ever played toribash? ;D
To raise popularity we need lets play vids on W:A, minecraft become popular by lets plays, dayz and others

i played toribash too, very nice game skilled game

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2013, 01:42 PM »
Have you ever seen this video:

Worms Armageddon Big Tutorial

It shows a lot of things in the game that looks simple to us, but it's extremely new for offline players and fans. And, at starting, it shows how and why W:A is better than WWP. It's a great edition, effects, music, there's only problem: you, whom don't speak russian, need to active "legend" to undestand...

Offline StepS

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2013, 04:27 PM »
cueshark wanted to make an english voice duplication. but he never replied back since i sent him the text
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2013, 04:37 PM »
Id like to hear Cue duplicating Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee in this movie
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

Offline Anubis

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2013, 05:50 PM »
cueshark wanted to make an english voice duplication. but he never replied back since i sent him the text

So we have only 1 person in the W:A community that can speak out english loud? Seriously? That is the problem? xD

Offline StepS

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2013, 07:13 PM »
everyone can contact me to get the text (or he can use it from youtube subtitles) and do it himself  :P i don't deny

PS: "Weee" i believe was taken together with that IE animation
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline darKz

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2013, 07:15 PM »
We only have one sexiest voice in the community though. 8)
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Crazy

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2013, 08:42 PM »
Yea, Cue got a really hot voice. Where is he anyway? Haven't seen him around on forums or in AG for a long time

Offline Prankster

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2013, 08:58 PM »
He was in #worms the other day.

Offline Free

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2013, 11:21 PM »
Liking where this thread is going. :)

We're going to need sub-forum to keep things organised. I'll talk with MI tomorrow if possible. Any name ideas for the forum?

We're starting a Youtube channel and we need to make it as awesome as possible so name all good ideas you can come up, Name of the channel plays a big part, start throwing name suggestions.

Worms Armageddon Big Tutorial is pretty much perfect for the beginners when it comes to weapons, who's ready to translate it? I'd do it but as a native Finn my english ain't that appealing. Also I think we need some of the greatest elite/inter minds making video(s) for beginners by explaining their thought processes at the same time as they play, kind of Big Tutorial but with tactics. I see it as crucial that people understand how deep the thinking process goes to get them truly interestefö

Orange already has nice plans when it comes to streaming, and it's hopefully going to be working very soon. We are in need of  commentators.

Soon as things are looking bit more professional, organized and so on, we should start the advertising project big time. Let's work fast, we want to take advantage of Steam and need to figure some kind of solution to the problem lacoste brought up (very hard to find physical copy of WA nowadays.

I have belief that if we show that we're taking project seriously and we are able to show the possible value, we will get interest from companies. The age has not much to do with the game, it's all about the fact how good the game is, and all true gamers and fans know it.

I think 2 developers working on this game will be enough (naturally they will get paid) because there's not THAT much tweaking we need to do in order to make it 1. noob friendly to install and get started 2. make it little bit more esports friendly.

So many open questions still but let's stay positive. If we don't reacn our goal, atleast we did something very valuable to the community and future of the game.

When you have a product that is amazing, all you need to do is to make people aware it and the interest will come.

Offline wza

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2013, 11:03 AM »
Im down to possibly commentate. Great vision Free! I still have a hard copy of wa  :D

Offline cOke

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2013, 11:17 PM »
ok i have a number of points to make

firstly razor making a roping keyboard... no

team 17 is a problem as they are obviously f@#!ed in the head

thirdly, cue has NOT got a nice voice. i mean cue, for f@#!s sake. he could easily be a wa poster boy but the voice lets him down imo.

secondly i hate to say it but CS and DC is not enough, i don't want to complain but two part time developers being the only ones with full source code is not going to produce 4.0 in any reasonable time frame or any serious developments in the next 10 years

im trying to stay positive free but its such a very dark and disappointing future for this game
HNN4EVA