Forums
April 29, 2024, 01:03 AM

Author Topic: Rope Race Phone game  (Read 2056 times)

Offline Proportion

Rope Race Phone game
« on: June 05, 2013, 02:35 AM »
Hi guys, i used to be a long time roper about 10 years ago. I am now developing games, and was wondering how big the interest would be in a Rope race phone/tablet game. so each of the levels would be a different track and there would be a high score for each one with fastest time, fewest ropes used, and least falls. i wouldn't be able to make the characters worms for legal reasons but it would probably get a ton of people to know about roping.

Offline avirex

Re: Rope Race Phone game
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 12:29 PM »
i would be a fan! ;D

make the characters snakes

or, an even easier graphic to make... maybe "germs"

« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 12:33 PM by avirex »

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 12:35 PM »
i can picture a thousand control systems failing
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Rogi

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 06:37 PM »
it would  be nice for attraction new player to WA. No way else!!!  ;D
And would be cool to play it while you going to study\job
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Calm the hell down.|

Offline Proportion

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 08:53 PM »
cool, well now i know that there is interest in it i will whip something up to see what you guys think. also i am limited to android devices only at the moment due to budget reasons.

Offline Fcrate

• Egypt Egypt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 09:15 PM »
Cool that you're doing it on android, let us know once you have something ready, I'll be willing to test for bugs and what not.
But PLEASE! don't make it use tilting the device in any way... so freaking annoying when games do that.

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2013, 09:48 PM »
ey brah im developing games too and once when I got bored I write worms-like roping engine, just to show how terrible was roping in worms: revolution, here's some vid I quickly made, even forgot to turn off background music, sorry for that xD

Its really hard to write an engine with roping feel equal to the feel we have in W:A so im really interest too see how you gonna realize it, however you can ask me anytime about help or anything, I can give you all the source code or whatever you need, so yea gl with that
btw you gonna earn some profit with this, or it will be free?

Offline philie

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2013, 09:57 PM »
even forgot to turn off background music, sorry for that xD

nevermind, it's good xD

Offline avirex

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2013, 12:07 AM »
if its a good game, you should charge moneys...

but give it to the w:a community for free... if thats possible? :D

Offline Fcrate

• Egypt Egypt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2013, 09:11 AM »
if its a good game, you should charge moneys...

but give it to the w:a community for free... if thats possible? :D
Free, and ad supported if its good, and an option to buy pro for a new feature/disabling ads.

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2013, 09:49 AM »
did you knew you can turn off any adds on almost every android app by stuff such as addblocker?

Offline Fcrate

• Egypt Egypt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2013, 12:10 PM »
Yes but I don't do that :) These ads make money for the app developer, Even if I don't really click, I don't like the idea of blocking them.  unless he's being extremely annoying ofc :D

Offline Proportion

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2013, 09:59 PM »
ey brah im developing games too and once when I got bored I write worms-like roping engine, just to show how terrible was roping in worms: revolution, here's some vid I quickly made, even forgot to turn off background music, sorry for that xD

Its really hard to write an engine with roping feel equal to the feel we have in W:A so im really interest too see how you gonna realize it, however you can ask me anytime about help or anything, I can give you all the source code or whatever you need, so yea gl with that
btw you gonna earn some profit with this, or it will be free?

ey that is really good. im using unity to make my stuff so i should be able to make something with that. the part i think that will be hard is when the rope bends when hitting a wall.

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2013, 10:23 PM »
yeah as the guy who tried to implent this I see what you mean here. That was the reason why I got bored enough to stop working with it, however I have some piece of code and plan how to do this.

1.Make collision line from worm to the hook that check if there is something solid touches it
2. Once it tough terrain we make 2 rope lines. 1st line is inactive (dont move) and goes from hook to the place where it collide with terrain, and 2nd from this place to worm, if it touch something else we keep adding those lines
3. count angle between two lines. And when it extends back to the 0 degrees we connect two lines back in one :P

gl implenting all this

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2013, 10:37 PM »
No interest whatsoever.  Just being honest.