Forums
April 28, 2024, 10:00 PM

Author Topic: GusanoNET  (Read 2949 times)

Offline TheWalrus

Re: GusanoNET
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2016, 01:11 PM »
i think it was great, i logged onto gusanonet several times, however no one to party with so i came back to WN.  You should open source it like zip said imo.

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2016, 01:23 PM »
yah, inactivity ... that's not a good thing
I wonder if there are any plans on finding people to play on this server

<!-- Dealing against autocentering is a damn torture. -->.<!-- DeadCode or CyberShadow, plz fix this, or at least -->.<!-- Add a code tag so it doesn't autocenter!!! It's a f@#!ing hell -->
haha
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline lolicon-guy

• Chile Chile
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2016, 12:07 PM »
<!-- Dealing against autocentering is a damn torture. -->.<!-- DeadCode or CyberShadow, plz fix this, or at least -->.<!-- Add a code tag so it doesn't autocenter!!! It's a f@#!ing hell -->
haha

Well, W:A supports the HTML tag <CENTER>, which is also included with every Serverlist.html file by default (the first file "WormNET browser" ever loads). But it doesn't support the </CENTER> tag, meaning that everything remains forever centered.
At first I wanted to keep my texts aligned to the left side of the screen, to which I went with adding space padding at the end of each line (the frontend works at 640x480 in 95% of the cases anyways...). I have added this padding to every page, including the FAQ. However, it is hackish and not-cool, so I scrapped that a few hours or maybe minutes before the server's release, the only exception being to some extent the HTML footer, and (can't really remember so not sure about) the header. The space padding, along finishing with A BUUUUUUUNCH of bugfixes I got account of since christmas, much other stuff such as #ShopperLeague itself, or "details" regarding the forum system, were all rushed between 30th and 31th of december, so I found myself rushing hard just to get as most functions possible to work flawlessly on time.
My nerves were breaking apart, I tried to vent my frustration in there, and at last I forgot to remove those HTML comments =V
But at least, I have not seen, experimented, or had reports of any "functional" troubles. Nothing triggered any internal alerts either other than some guy logging with "Great Snooper" (like I have stated, no snoopers were able to work here, so I assume this guy could not "see" the game list. Poor guy  ::) ). So, regardless 2 or 3 days of spambots in the forum, I think I can feel proud with the experiment. I was expecting some sensitive internal shit to run highly broken, like games not being registered correctly (and appearing in the wrong channels), rankings to appear incorrectly regardless of the score, time-outs in the IRC logging and command usage process, or #ShopperLeague being unable to complete its scripts from the start to the end of the match.

The dot tk domain has been whitelisted into their "special" list. So consider this server dead, because I think there is no point on moving to eu.org at this times. The source code however, as promised, will come from around the middle to the end of this month anyways.

Too bad the latest W:A updates doesn't include the flaming energy bars. I never got to "meet" them myself either. The server was programmed to send the "flag" to enable them in the game after reaching the "Elite" rank (or scoring at least 250 points) anyways. Not sure if this setting did or not work on older updates, but I hope it did.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 12:33 PM by lolicon-guy »

Offline reN`s

• I am ren just ren the ren instantly ren

• Chile Chile
  • ICB ICB clan
  • rM rM community

• About it what do u want? Its just a game.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2016, 12:35 PM »
Nice there Trox, how is going IvanelPiby?
Long time dont see, this proyect looks assom man, i still dont test it but looks you work hard on it D:
PD. uis is going to finish soon :'(

Yay @Loliconguy are You Trox? :o

Offline lolicon-guy

• Chile Chile
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2016, 12:42 PM »
Yes, do I know you? Who are you? :P
Also, no, I have no idea what IvanelPiby could be doing...

Offline reN`s

• Chile Chile
  • ICB ICB clan
  • rM rM community

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2016, 12:47 PM »
Woah nice, lol Man Ill see ur work with this server in some times, i am nico :p ex mate in media ;) hueguahehua

Offline lolicon-guy

• Chile Chile
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2016, 12:58 PM »
You never brought my modem back!
Does free connection even work anymore? :P

Offline reN`s

• Chile Chile
  • ICB ICB clan
  • rM rM community

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2016, 01:11 PM »
You never brought my modem back!
Does free connection even work anymore? :P

Huehuheu Man I lost your modem and i remember never worked for free xD because new plan of internet are actualized i think :D now i have plan with net in my phone and is good at night but in the day its like a shit xD

Offline mae

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2016, 05:35 PM »
Trox! Such a long time not see you!. Since 2010 or 2011 I guess. Last game was with elm0no, Rambo, you and me.

Good luck with the project.  ;)