Forums
April 29, 2024, 12:35 AM

Author Topic: TUS and WA Promotion Project  (Read 3090 times)

Offline MonkeyIsland

Re: TUS and WA Promotion Project
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2013, 03:31 PM »
It's OK by me. Give me a new design the way you want and I'll implement it.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline barman

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2013, 11:17 PM »
Not sure if it's a good topic, but the update of the small news section caught my eye a moment before:

In my opinion, it's the perfect place to spread news about events such as recent important games or upcoming streams. But it has to be updated more often, maybe it should be possible to hire a moderator for this?
My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
My photography work

Quote from: Statik
barman's fails are best

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2013, 11:23 PM »
Not sure if it's a good topic, but the update of the small news section caught my eye a moment before:

In my opinion, it's the perfect place to spread news about events such as recent important games or upcoming streams. But it has to be updated more often, maybe it should be possible to hire a moderator for this?
THIS.  Best idea in awhile.  As this is the pre-eminent worms site with the most traffic, its only natural that stream info goes on the front page.  TUS is the face of worms armageddon, whether the haters like it or not.  It's never updated though, a few days ago I saw the franz-cueshark TRL playoffs up there, that happened what.....6 months ago?

Offline franz

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2013, 12:44 AM »
I tried asking him about this back then Sept 2012 but got no response, though he probably missed it:

Dulek wins TRL TTRR season 9!

home page access only to you MI?  do you want others to help you update that part?

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2013, 08:13 AM »
That was a thing on homepage bugging me for a long time. Because it was tied to some other part I had to code first. Anyway, I have automatized homepage, now those boxes can be update more often by people having permissions. (like franz)

The language part of TUS is ready too, so the texts goes into homepage can be translated as well.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2013, 06:29 AM »
No posts in 8 days.. don't tell me you're all giving up that easy!

Offline Free

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2013, 10:25 PM »
Nope, not giving up, atleast myself. We definately need to think of new ways to approach this. Spamming forums didn't work out, orange is busy with girl so streaming has been pretty much off-line, so more streamers would be needed.

I sent a very important e-mail to T17 PR person 3 weeks ago through Cybershadow and still no answer and what I heard through the grapevine, theres some "inside politics" that are messed up or summin, but definately no answer  considering legal issues which is the most important thing for me if I want to invest money on this project to try and make it "boom" faster.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2013, 06:56 AM »
I sent a very important e-mail to T17 PR person 3 weeks ago through Cybershadow and still no answer and what I heard through the grapevine, theres some "inside politics" that are messed up or summin, but definately no answer  considering legal issues which is the most important thing for me if I want to invest money on this project to try and make it "boom" faster.

That's just .... sad.

Offline Crazy

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2013, 07:14 AM »
Word

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2013, 01:34 AM »
project dead ? :(

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2013, 04:23 PM »
Seems to be. We could do with a different "official" streamer, though :) orange doesn't have time to do it.

Offline franz

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2013, 05:00 PM »
ISP upload rate is so important when streaming, maybe someday if my setup improves I'd do it more.  Orange's was great, but I can understand him leaving it.

Offline Free

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2013, 05:38 PM »
Yeah, if someone is interested in streaming it would be great.