Forums
April 26, 2024, 08:05 PM

Author Topic: we need a HEADER!  (Read 4825 times)

Offline OrangE

we need a HEADER!
« on: January 21, 2013, 11:01 AM »
TO ALL THE PHOTOSHOP GUYS! Let's make a little contest! :D

I need a cool header that captures the attention for my channel: www.twitch.tv/weirdjack

It has to be exactly 640x125 px and it should be (obviously) worms related

I'm really not skilled with photoshop, that's why i'm asking for some help. I will choose the best header you guys will make and put the name of who made it on the homepage of the channel. I will wait few weeks before we pick one, and maybe if you guys will do a lot of headers i can make a poll (a little contest) to choose the winner :D so maybe we will even have some fun about this thing.

And if you make a header i will not use for the channel don't worry, we will figure out a way to use it anyway! :D

Offline tuomatz

Re: we need a HEADER!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 11:04 AM »
Any ideas how would you like it to be? Should it include Weirdjack? Colortheme?
"People without a vehicle, are like worms without F8" - Aristotle

Offline OrangE

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 11:51 AM »
the most important thint is capturing the attention

everyone that comes into the channel see the header as 1st thing. everything else is left to your imagination and creativity. look at the channel, you can even make a background in-theme with the header (that would be really cool), consider i can just flag an option to make the background reapeat itself like i did with the current one (which is a bit childish, only a pink worm).

so yeah, worms related colour thing with some text in it (worms armageddon channel, or weirdjack, or just worms armageddon, or even no text, if it looks cool). be creative, have fun!! :D

Offline ANO

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 01:43 PM »
money???

Offline Prankster

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 01:51 PM »
Sounds like a good thing to play around with!

Offline philie

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 02:17 PM »

Offline Free

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 02:18 PM »
money???

I teach you elitez???!!!

Offline Hussar

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 02:43 PM »
nice philie !!!! But why it calls wierdjack?? u cant change it to just "Worms Armageddon" Oranje ?

Offline ANO

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 02:59 PM »
xD... I m better with video stuff btw.. if you need something...

He can't change that name if I remember well, last year I open the FUB channel auhauh, dunno if now you can change the address... But he might open a new channel ;)

Offline OrangE

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2013, 04:12 PM »
i gave it a try:

http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/weirdjacktng596dqva.jpg

love ittttttt!!! hahaha nice job man!

GO GO GO GUYS lets do THOUSANDS of headers, this seems a very nice starting point! who will do better than this?

thank you very much philie

Offline OrangE

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2013, 04:12 PM »
xD... I m better with video stuff btw.. if you need something...

He can't change that name if I remember well, last year I open the FUB channel auhauh, dunno if now you can change the address... But he might open a new channel ;)

buiiiiiiiiiii ano we need video skills too! check the other threads in this forum :D

Offline darKz

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2013, 05:02 PM »
Should really talk about this. If the channel name is weirdjack (which is a pretty cool name, don't get me wrong), it sounds like it's about one single person playing games. While in reality that's not the case. I'm really not sure about this, I'd rather have it changed to a more universal name. Maybe even the same as the Youtube channel.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline OrangE

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2013, 05:25 PM »
Should really talk about this. If the channel name is weirdjack (which is a pretty cool name, don't get me wrong), it sounds like it's about one single person playing games. While in reality that's not the case. I'm really not sure about this, I'd rather have it changed to a more universal name. Maybe even the same as the Youtube channel.

the world of the streamers is a bit weird.

all is based on following the other streamers. that's why the channel has the same name of the nick of the owner.
i choosed "weirdjack" instead of "orange" because i wanted to give it his own identity (and weirdjack is a lot more cool and uncommon).

having that "identity" as a name is a good thing, people will know that following "weirdjack" you will see a lot of worms gaming going on there. it is like this for every streamer. people DO WANT to follow some personality, they are not interested by the game only.
twitch.tv is full of people that streams no matter which game, they simply love to stream. and followers like to chat with eachother and see what the streamer is doing, even chatting with him, having feedbacks and stuff. so we will use this thing to get popularity, this is why i keep saying that we need some good carismathic voice for comments. so basically we will use an informal way of getting popular to share some gaming (which is competitive and professional) but never forgetting what people want to see: FUN! (i would never watch a 4 hours video of boring commenting of a game that i don't know lol)

anyway besides all, i think that the link isnt so important, because all the people that will come there will use the twitch.tv search box or will be linked there or will click on a "suggested channel" link on twitch.tv. the most important thing is the title (that's why i'm asking for a good header) and the content we share.

Offline Free

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2013, 07:06 PM »
I've no experience on streaming community so I'll leave it up to Orange to decide, even though I see the point in darkz post too.

Offline Free

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2013, 07:12 PM »
There's some really sweet worms pictures on T17 WA site, perhaps use one of them, add text = WIN.