Forums
May 04, 2024, 09:32 AM

Author Topic: [VIDEO] Portal Gun in Worms Armageddon!  (Read 3178 times)

Offline Mayhem

Re: [VIDEO] Portal Gun in Worms Armageddon!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 02:58 AM »
that is pretty awesome mate, i played you already in the day using it and it makes for some damn interesting shots.
BRING IT ON!!!!

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 03:00 AM »
Made my day! You're my new favourite wormer.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 03:03 AM by van »

Offline darKz

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 03:22 AM »
The first thing I really like about PX, great job! WA always needed a portal gun, in fact every game does. 8)
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 03:55 AM »

Offline GreeN

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 11:06 AM »
awesome work! i love it

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 11:17 AM »
You clearly stole my idea PyroMan!! Well ideas are for people who get things done. Very good job! The thing I don't like about many px weapons is that they don't look neat and good, but you pulled this one off, impressive :)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2012, 11:36 AM »
Ohh awesome you finally finished it

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2012, 12:24 PM »
Gaaah, i loved Portal 2D flash game, never thought about it being possible in WA. Looks damn good, how do you aim portal gun while moving btw?
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2012, 12:47 PM »
Next up.....gravity gun?   :P

Offline StepS

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2012, 01:14 PM »
You clearly stole my idea PyroMan!!
heh, pretty much many people's idea  ;D i personally would make one if i wasn't that lazy, but it's good to see people doing it for fun and with a lot of free time. Great job! also the graphics are very nice (if I made one myself there wouldn't be such beautiful graphics)
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline OrangE

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2012, 03:22 PM »
this is sick, vgj man!

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2012, 02:40 AM »
Thanks for such for a comments guys! It`s a pleasure for me to make things like this, even if they kill all free time. I think they worth it!
My fav games are Half Life2, Portal and ofc WA. Now they become closer to each other :P

Next up.....gravity gun?   :P

yeah dude, i`ll probably start to script a Gravity gun next :D I think it will be much simplier than Portal Gun. I hope :P
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 02:54 AM by PyroMan »

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2012, 02:52 AM »
I`ve hosted it with like.. 8-10 people overall. and i have to say that its hard to handle Portal Gun with first attempts.  It`s like.. try to play Roper when you first time playing on rope.
..Matter of practice. While testing this stuff over and over and over again, i`ve learned a lot of cool things and tricks. And i think this Portals is a huge potential for Worms schemes and cool and fun (which the most important) usage.
We`ve been testing that on map i made (some fragments included on video) but looks like i`ll change it.
I`ll make start with very simple and easy stuff and try to explain very detailed how this things works, step by step. Just like Valve did once with me when i 1st time tryed to play Portal.

So i`ll make some short delay before officially releasing this gun.

Anyway, i`m glad you guys enjoyed this video. I`ve learned even more tricky stuff :D Becouse skills with Portals rising much faster than with a rope.

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2012, 03:20 AM »
how do you aim portal gun while moving btw?

well as soon as its a 2D game with keyboard control - controls is also should be a keys :) I`ve tryed to make worm aim - but when you fly on high speed - those aiming is extremely slow compare to speed :D So best choice was to make a fixed angles in 8 directions. You can guess tho: Up, Down, Left, Right, U-R, U-L, D-R, D-L.  Holding these keys + spacebar make ability to shoot in any of those directions immidietly.
To switch between portal type (orange or blue) - used keys same as Max/Min bounce setting: "-", "+", Num-, Num+. But for me - switching with those keys takes too long :D
I`ve made ability to shoot opposite type of portal, with any current type active. For those thing Ctrl and Alt working.

I know most people remapping keys, partically Spacebar that goes on place of Ctrl or Alt (just like i do :D). No big deal - just remap those keys to smth you comfortable with :P
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 02:16 PM by PyroMan »