Forums
May 05, 2024, 02:10 PM

Author Topic: [Worms Reloaded] Beta tester ?  (Read 1607 times)

[Worms Reloaded] Beta tester ?
« on: August 22, 2010, 04:06 AM »
Hello,
I know that there are some beta tester. I wonder if there is any beta tester from "us".
If so I'd like to ask you some question.
Is there a way to manage clan ?
I heard about rank, is it overall or scheme based ? If it's scheme based, is there our Proper/elite... ?
Are rank single and clanner ?
I've heard that some weapon will be missing bye bye bungee (don't cry NC :D). Could someone make a list of missing weapon please ?
Honestly, how is the roping ? Can you make pump/shadow/skidow/spike ?
Is the game as precise as WA. I mean, we all know that when you rope and drop a mine it's sometimes just by one pixel that you'll FD. Or when you shootgun, doing 25 is not always easy. Is this the same in Reloaded ?

Offline Ray

Re: [Worms Reloaded] Beta tester ?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 08:00 AM »
All beta testers had to agree on an NDA, this means they may not say a word about it until it's officially released. I don't know, is it released?

Offline TheReaper

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 08:09 AM »
They lifted the NDA at least partially, it's on the games steam forum.

Offline Ray

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 08:10 AM »
Oh, then it's okay. :)

Offline darKz

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 08:11 AM »
Yeah fada, you'll find a lot of answers here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=941
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline HHC

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 11:15 AM »
Is there a way to manage clan ?
Sure.

I heard about rank, is it overall or scheme based ? If it's scheme based, is there our Proper/elite... ?

Scheme based. There's BnG, Roperace, etc. I'm thinking a lot of old schemes will have to be reinvented though.. the game has different possibilities and limitations.

Are rank single and clanner ?

Single.

I've heard that some weapon will be missing bye bye bungee (don't cry NC :D). Could someone make a list of missing weapon please ?

Common: Bow, axe, mortar, pistol, bungee.
Special: Cows, mole, sheep launcher, granny, pigeon, skunk, flamethrower, minigun, worm switch, freeze.
Uncommon: Mine strike, mole strike, mail strike, carpet strike, french sheep, nuke, scales, ming, super nana, suicide attack, salvation army, MB bomb, patsy.
Utilities: 2x speed; 2x damage; laser sight; less gravity.

Replacements:
Gas canister; Emergency teleport;Termites; Sentry gun; Magnets; Buffalo of lies; Ferrets; Worship; Marked for Death; Steal; Lightning; Poison strike; Bunker buster & Super bunker buster.

Honestly, how is the roping ? Can you make pump/shadow/skidow/spike ?
Said to be similar to WA, but it's harder to make tricks.

Is the game as precise as WA. I mean, we all know that when you rope and drop a mine it's sometimes just by one pixel that you'll FD. Or when you shootgun, doing 25 is not always easy. Is this the same in Reloaded ?

It's a PC-clone of Worms2:Armageddon for the console, you can view movies of that game on youtube. It's a little bit more newbie friendly I think, more random too, less darkside-ish.

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2010, 03:00 PM »
Thank you very much HHC. You're the best as always :).
here's a screenshot i found out :p.

Ok then..a key question: Will you stay in TdC in WR HHC ? :)
Could you register an account for me HHC ? then you give me the pw and I change it :).
I'm born the 13th of january and my mail is accountpourspam @ gmail [dot] com.
I've read a lot in the forum. It appears the beta tester are just casual player..That's what make me sad.. When they say it's like WA but the tester are just not roper...
Another thing.. They said they removed all unused weapon...but comon you and me know that everyweapon can be used in a specific context :(. Also it is what make the game fun ! When you win with wormpod it's so coool.
Also no more replay...no beta WA changes...common dude.. What do you think hhc ? I'm just disapointed when I see that.

Offline HHC

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2010, 04:18 PM »
Ok then..a key question: Will you stay in TdC in WR HHC ? :)
Depends, I want to see if you, crazy and camel play it too.  ;)

Could you register an account for me HHC ? then you give me the pw and I change it :).
I'm born the 13th of january and my mail is accountpourspam @ gmail [dot] com.

I tried to, but got the same error (???). Maybe it's the gmail thing, i'm not sure.. Try changing the mail adress or maybe the birth-date or pw-characters. I tried both Fada and Zippeurfou, so it's not the username.

I've read a lot in the forum. It appears the beta tester are just casual player..That's what make me sad.. When they say it's like WA but the tester are just not roper...

Yeah, it's not like WA, forget that. It's like worms on a portable phone I reckon.. aimed at casual gamers rather than roper-pro's  ???

Another thing.. They said they removed all unused weapon...but comon you and me know that everyweapon can be used in a specific context :(. Also it is what make the game fun ! When you win with wormpod it's so coool.

That is true, though I have to admit, a lot of the strikes in WA are redundant (carpet, mail, etc.). The weapon selection is fairly balanced I'd say. E.g. the mole is replaced by the random termites, but also by the torch which can now dig with much steeper angle. A mole in this case would be redundant.

Also no more replay...no beta WA changes...common dude.. What do you think hhc ? I'm just disapointed when I see that.

Like I said, don't expect an improved WA, wait for deadcode's new patches if you'd like that.
I'm excited about this because of the huge community, the challenge of learning a new game and well, I kinda like the cartoony, randomish approach of this game.

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2010, 04:41 PM »
Well thank you for your quick reply :).
I'll buy it and try it. That's sure. But I'll do that in 2/3 week i'm busy at the moment. Also noam and zyco are moving here so it's not like there'll be nobody :D. We need to make the rest of the crew try it also :P.And I want to count on you since I know you'll play this game a lot. We need a pro that impress the new comer :P.
How can you say it's ok to delete mole..I mean coming from you the mole master :D.
I'll try to register with something else than gmail (need to create a trunk mail lol). but thank you very much for trying :).
I also like the design. I hope there'll be more land than in WA. I want to play elite on other thing than fruit :D.