Forums
April 27, 2024, 04:07 PM

Author Topic: A4Tech G800V keyboard review  (Read 933 times)

Offline Sir-J

A4Tech G800V keyboard review
« on: September 23, 2023, 10:47 PM »
-
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 01:17 AM by Sir-J »

Offline TheKomodo

Re: A4Tech G800V keyboard review
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2023, 10:54 PM »
No pictures or videos?

Offline Sir-J

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2023, 11:01 PM »
-

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2023, 11:06 PM »
I can't even find anywhere to buy it with a quick google search anyway. Not available on Amazon, not available from their website, and went through about 6 pages and nowhere to buy it.

Where did you buy it?

Offline Sir-J

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2023, 11:11 PM »
-

Offline Sir-J

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2023, 12:31 AM »
-

Online XanKriegor

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2023, 05:14 AM »
so in my opinion the bare minimum for worms would be A4Tech X7 series (G800V, G300) or Bloody (sub-brand of A4Tech) because this company actually cares about input lag and tunes their gaming keyboards accordingly.

I use Bloody R8 mouse for Quake2, it adds no sensible input lag despite being wireless. It slides well, sees the pad perfectly, buttons are soft and not noisy - Bloody really does things.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2023, 03:02 PM »
I just want people to stop buying office garbage like Logitech K120 and think it's a good keyboard for worms, while it suffers from tons of input lag and is such a pain to use for roping. I had one and absolutely hated it, along with the k740, so in my opinion the bare minimum for worms would be A4Tech X7 series (G800V, G300) or Bloody (sub-brand of A4Tech) because this company actually cares about input lag and tunes their gaming keyboards accordingly.

You're mad, the Logitech k740 is absolutely phenomenal! I have it and it's one of the keyboards I was most consistent/fast with.

It's incredibly responsive, amazing for typing, I love the subtle white backlighting which is perfect for late night typing sessions. Not to mention it's a dream for roping.

That being said, you have to take into account the different ways people rope, which is one of the biggest factors. I remember a quote on these forums a long time ago regarding buying the right keyboard which I strongly believe to be true:

"Harry Potter would be a wasted talent without the right wand, the same goes for keyboards."

All these keyboards are great for some, but bad for others. I've heard mixed opinions about the k740, at the time it was popular some people saying it was the best keyboard they ever had(including myself) and others saying it's really bad.

That's why I give reviews and pride myself on having learned how to rope using multiple styles and setups so I can give an excellent review that suits as many people as possible.

I don't know anyone else who can rope at a League worthy level both using normal(left hand space, right hand arrows) and invert(left hand WASD right hand space), while also being able to FR, double hand tap, and rope with 1 hand, and also the style of tapping ranging from twitching to full on hard pressing with each finger. It's very useful to see all these styles when reviewing a keyboard and seeing how the person actually taps/controls the arrows as I also have an input display.

I'd generally love to see other top Ropers doing actual videos of them roping, they have no idea how much it can help other people to learn and find a style that suits them!

Offline Sir-J

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2023, 12:27 PM »
-
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 01:18 AM by Sir-J »