Forums
May 02, 2024, 05:30 AM

Author Topic: Any logical reason why someone dislikes custom terrain?  (Read 1344 times)

Offline TheWalrus

Re: Any logical reason why someone dislikes custom terrain?
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2024, 05:22 PM »
Certain players avoid still probably but it really doesn’t matter much with ELO system, since there is less games played, most people aren’t at the ELO they should be at.  For instance, there was a time where komo was getting 2 or 3 points for a bng game against a noob when his rating was 2500 or 2600.

To most of the good players, standings and ratings don’t mean shit, only playoff performance.  Jeff aka oldsock never had super high ELO ratings, but won 3 league championships in 4 seasons or back to back to back, can’t remember, one against Random00, the top ELO player from first era of Tus.  Legendary performances in maybe the most competitive era of TUS. 

I love Chelsea, but chels did a lot of avoiding and acquired high ELO rating but could never get past 1st round of the playoffs. 

I say let people play whoever they want.  Personally, I’ve only been playing top players for the last few years on tus, playing their top schemes against them.  That is what is interesting to me, I’ve long since become bored with beating lower level players in schemes they aren’t good at.  This is all preference though, let people play who they want to play in what schemes they want to play, it’s not hurting anyone. 

The cream will always rise to the top in bo5 playoff series.  Bo7 would even be better, but that’s my personal opinion.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 05:25 PM by TheWalrus »

Online Lupastic

• Fantastic

• Hungary Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2024, 05:29 PM »
Certain players avoid still probably but it really doesn’t matter much with ELO system, since there is less games played, most people aren’t at the ELO they should be at.  For instance, there was a time where komo was getting 2 or 3 points for a bng game against a noob when his rating was 2500 or 2600.

To most of the good players, standings and ratings don’t mean shit, only playoff performance.  Jeff aka oldsock never had super high ELO ratings, but won 3 league championships in 4 seasons or back to back to back, can’t remember, one against Random00, the top ELO player from first era of Tus.  Legendary performances in maybe the most competitive era of TUS. 

I love Chelsea, but chels did a lot of avoiding and acquired high ELO rating but could never get past 1st round of the playoffs. 

I say let people play whoever they want.  Personally, I’ve only been playing top players for the last few years on tus, playing their top schemes against them.  That is what is interesting to me, I’ve long since become bored with beating lower level players in schemes they aren’t good at.  This is all preference though, let people play who they want to play in what schemes they want to play, it’s not hurting anyone. 

The cream will always rise to the top in bo5 playoff series.  Bo7 would even be better, but that’s my personal opinion.

those are the past, that was my point exactly.. there are no noobbashers and avoiders in 2024 I believe.. like it's literally impossible. and certain players like to throw in these words randomly (maybe out of salty feelings or I dunno)

or maybe I should have said; these words have lost their meaning since the time you don't have active seasons
« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 05:46 PM by Lupastic »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2024, 08:13 PM »
Absolutely nobody that has ever existed in WA is NOT an avoider. We all are in different ways.

Look up the pick history of everyone, very few players don't pick and choose their schemes against opponents.

For example, I avoid everyone in TUS Singles, it's just not good enough imo to spend time playing 13 schemes for absolutely nothing! Even if you win everything, maybe half a dozen people will say "Well done" and even though it took you literally years of training to get that good, absolutely nobody cares! Imo it's more of a challenge to master all schemes in WA than win any other competitive eSport in the world or any speedrun in the world.

Not to mention even the schemes you DO like there's hardly anyone to even play with! So unless you're literally obsessed with playing all schemes as in enjoy it more than anything else in the world, everyone is an avoider.

When I played TUS BnG it was to always pick BnG, avoided anything else other than Roper, I'd pretty much just give free wins, I wasn't afraid of losing, but was afraid of wasting my time playing schemes that literally bored the living f**k out of me... But at least I'd play absolutely anyone at BnG! Only trouble is at the time most of the top players would avoid me, Random00 only played me once, never again although I asked.

Many players, will play multiple games vs weaker opponents, then only 1 or 2 against strong opponents. It makes sense right? Play more when you're winning, but you get angry and don't want to play more when you lose too much?

I've heard endless complaining about a specific person and Team17 who won't play other top players often enough. :D

So it's not entirely like, avoiding, but it's like, selective avoiding and picking their schemes, making sure they get more games against weaker players.

Most people are guilty of this, it's not even deliberate really... It's down to the League available to us.

This is one specific reason why I wanted to start up the 3 scheme League, there's no way you can beat the best unless you like one of those schemes because you can't play them on schemes nobody players or have to play for sure against current activity or you miss your chance entirely.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2024, 09:06 PM »
Wtf Komo, I have no clue from where you took all this "kaleu is avoiding sbaffo" stuff from. I can't do that because It's been years that I don't focus on Singles + Sbaffo returned to WA like 1 month ago?
I'll just assume that at this point you are literally just baiting people to continue discussing and writing down your feelings.

Seek some help dude, it's not ugly to do that. God bless.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2024, 09:29 PM »
Wtf Komo, I have no clue from where you took all this "kaleu is avoiding sbaffo" stuff from. I can't do that because It's been years that I don't focus on Singles + Sbaffo returned to WA like 1 month ago?
I'll just assume that at this point you are literally just baiting people to continue discussing and writing down your feelings.

Seek some help dude, it's not ugly to do that. God bless.

Hey, if you watched other peoples streams you'd maybe know what I'm talking about. :D

That's the gossip going around.  :P

Anyway, don't worry about it, we're all avoiders anyway. Literally everyone. Not a single person excluded.

I just like to join in with the irrelevant nonsense you guys all do from time to time.

You see though, it's not nice when people accuse you of nonsense is it? This happens to me a lot from a few of you. :D

Sometimes I like to poke the bear, see what happens, make sure everything is still fine.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2024, 09:32 PM »
Good thing you're all on-topic.