Forums > General discussion

Calling all you old farts

<< < (3/7) > >>

nino:
Dope and MPH were 2 putos who I Enjoyed playing t17 2vs2 ae

TheKomodo:

--- Quote from: Sensei on January 16, 2021, 11:20 PM ---
--- Quote from: Komito on January 16, 2021, 05:27 PM ---FaTaL - Someone I warmed with a lot who coined the move "The FaTaL Dance" which another community started calling pinball, it will always be the fatal dance to me though!

--- End quote ---
Cool info! Is this true? Fatal dance? Never heard anyone said something like this before.. And I've been around for quite some time now.

--- End quote ---

Yup, I remember him doing it for the first time vividly because it was on one of the most popular Warmer maps of all time - Gundam.

The part in the middle, seems like it was made specifically to do the fatal dance, during a warmer he sorta hung on the roof, stopped for a moment to type "I call this the fatal dance", then dropped from a spike right into it, bounced back and forward about half a dozen times, then took off again, it blew my mind lol.

CuSticK:
Yeah Komito I remember alot of those people.
When I think about worms when I started it was juvenile with a clan VVV. Then it was just a tornado of amazing people. From clans like eif to hos to ac. I made so many dear friends that who knows where they went lol. What a awesome time that was. I couldn't even tell you who I roped with to tell you the truth. Link, maxdamage,omega,missingman,ganstas,cassius,psydome,jmoberg,herm,raven,the rest of the ac crew lol,chicken,dfwu guy,the know... I honestly think I could go on and on. Each one of them awesome in their own way.

skunk3:

--- Quote from: CuSticK on January 17, 2021, 04:47 AM ---Yeah Komito I remember alot of those people.
When I think about worms when I started it was juvenile with a clan VVV. Then it was just a tornado of amazing people. From clans like eif to hos to ac. I made so many dear friends that who knows where they went lol. What a awesome time that was. I couldn't even tell you who I roped with to tell you the truth. Link, maxdamage,omega,missingman,ganstas,cassius,psydome,jmoberg,herm,raven,the rest of the ac crew lol,chicken,dfwu guy,the know... I honestly think I could go on and on. Each one of them awesome in their own way.

--- End quote ---

The DFWU guy was Erod. Me and him and Goaty used to play together allllll the time.

And yes, 'pinball' is the 'FaTaL dance.' He's the one that figured it out and he's the one who started using it way before anyone else.

WA's best years were definitely 99-07. There was a time where the community was a bit split between WA and WWP but the crazy thing was we had enough players to actually support that. Neither game suffered from low population during that time, from what I remember. I am one of those players who adopted WWP almost instantly and it wasn't until quite a bit later, after WA had received some nice updates, that I went back to WA exclusively.

There's so many awesome and fun players who have been a part of this community over the years, and it kinda sucks that I forget a lot of their names until someone else mentions them and all of a sudden I am flooded with memories.

On the topic of Volcom - he was incredibly good at the start because I am pretty sure he was a hardcore W2 player. He had a big head start compared to people who started on WA. I remember he seemed absolutely amazing for those first few years but eventually other people's skills started to catch up and all of a sudden he didn't seem so amazing anymore. I'm not putting the guy down - he was a great roper - but the skill gap narrowed significantly after a while. He was a Mexican dude and there was another Mexican guy who went by co0L, I believe. He was a really good roper too.

In the *very* early days of WA, the best overall player was a Brazilian dude named BadCereal. I am talking about the first year, maybe a bit more... at least that's what my memory is telling me.

TheKomodo:
Yeah I remember BadCereal being the very highest ranked player on WormNET at one point, I can't remember the other person, but the top 2 players were BadCereal and someone else.

Then all that time spent chasing Elite rank personally only for WormNET to get hacked and ranks taken down. At least I did earn my legit fiery health bar!  :'(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version