Forums
May 07, 2024, 12:08 PM

Author Topic: Can't run this game  (Read 1812 times)

Can't run this game
« on: October 27, 2010, 09:03 PM »
I always get some kind of error when trying to run the game, but today I've managed to actually run
Wurmz for a few secs (in safe mode) before it crashed (but for no apparent error).
It only worked because the resolution was set to 800 x 600 for default, and apparently
Shiticon Integrated Shitstems won't let me change mah resolution from 1366 x 768 in unsafe mode.

Helps?

Don't forget to smite me  :)
Here comes the snow

Offline Mo0k

Re: Can't run this game
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 01:03 AM »
Well first of all dont even bother running on safe mode because whats the point...... anyway you dont give much info like what pc,screen card,operativ system you got etc and if you had in working b4. Lets just try reinstall the game and update it with patch and new update on WA t17 site. If that dont work tell abit more about the prob....maybe what kind of error you get ;) Im sure many here have had the prob or can help you out :)
Clans:
LoR(wwp)
UNI(wwp)
n00b(wwp)
xCx(wa)
CKC(wa)
SiX(wa)
Di(wa)
NBR(wa)
cT(wa)
b0R(wa)
mA(wa)
ruL(wa)
HoS(wa)
sL(wa)
Btk(wa)
tCs(wa)
GQ(wa)
------------------------------------------

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 01:30 AM »
I only tried safe mode to make sure the RESOLUTION was the prob.
It's a crappy note/net book hybrid that runs even crappier Windows 7 starter, at 1366 x 768 resolution (cannot be changed) with epic failure SiS Mirage 3 Graphics (SiS 672 Series) and Intel pentium dual core.
Withouth the patch It just crashes, with it I get "Unable to set desired video mode"(Which I believe to be the resolution).
It never worked before, but I got to the title screen in safe mode.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 01:42 AM by Pixy »
Here comes the snow

Offline Ray

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 04:34 AM »
Have you installed the patch? NOT the update, the 3.0 patch? If you did, did you make sure that the game you installed was not already 3.0 before?

If you missed that, it's the cause of your problem and this kind of behaviour sounds like a typical symptom.

Offline Rok

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 09:37 AM »
Withouth the patch It just crashes, with it I get "Unable to set desired video mode"(Which I believe to be the resolution).
It never worked before, but I got to the title screen in safe mode.

The title screen and all the menus are always displayed in fullscreen 640*480 resolution. Some graphic cards don't support that resolution (aparently yours doesn't) and there's your problem. Check worms2d.info wiki for more info, I think it's possible to emulate worms to workaround this.
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 04:47 AM »
Dudes, I've just updated my drivers and I can open the game, with intro
and stuff but it freezes at the main screen, althought I can still hear the background music and the clicking sound, video's frozen.

Edit: It' almost like the video is lagged by 10 secs and frequently fails,
leaving me a black screen with some yellow boxes.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 04:59 AM by Pixy »
Here comes the snow

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 05:01 AM »
Are you using an official version of WA?

Or are you using a downloaded cracked/hacked version?

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 06:09 AM »
I'm using a torrent but I have the CD (the cd's autorun won't work for some reason).
If I run the game with the lastest driver, it will freeze, if I try the older driver, then
the game won't' open at all because of the 1366 x 768 resolution.
The newest driver works on 1024 x 768 and below.

Here comes the snow