Forums
May 11, 2024, 03:40 PM

Author Topic: Can't we just donate to make 4.0 come faster?  (Read 8389 times)

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
Re: Can't we just donate to make 4.0 come faster?
« Reply #75 on: April 27, 2016, 09:26 PM »
I agree that PX is amazing but I think it trivializes the work of DC and CS to call it WA 5.0. IMO we need to continue to support and encourage the development of WA 4.0, and somebody needs to get in touch with Entuser to get him to release the source code for PX. Then it can be added into the main official worms version, and there will not be this divide any longer.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #76 on: April 28, 2016, 04:40 PM »
I have personally never even used PX. I tried to some years ago but my computer was too much of a piece of crap to run it properly, and that was that. Now that I have a decent machine, I'd like to try it. Unfortunately all I have is the Steam version of W:A for now since my old disc is long lost. (and my new laptop doesn't even have a disc drive)

Offline raffie

« Reply #77 on: April 28, 2016, 06:39 PM »
I have personally never even used PX. I tried to some years ago but my computer was too much of a piece of crap to run it properly, and that was that. Now that I have a decent machine, I'd like to try it. Unfortunately all I have is the Steam version of W:A for now since my old disc is long lost. (and my new laptop doesn't even have a disc drive)

There is an installer which downgrades 3.7.2.1 (Steam version) to 3.6.31 and installs PX for you:
http://px.worms2d.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1982

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 28, 2016, 10:07 PM »
That installer works (and there's an uninstaller) but it's better to maintain 2 installations of WA. PX'd WA is not really suitable for general use as it causes desynchronization sometimes, and reduced features/compatibility/stability in general.

Download an untouched WA ISO. Or create a ISO from your Steam WA folder with a prog like MagicISO. Mount the ISO in Daemon Tools or burn to disc. Install WA to a separate folder. Patch up to 3.6.31.0 and then install the regular PX (not installer linked above). Optionally, install wkWndMode (for better Win8&10 and graphics compatibility) and wkRubberworm to your PX version.