Forums
June 03, 2024, 03:42 AM

Author Topic: Character maps keys for WA  (Read 688 times)

Offline Farco/Ghost

Character maps keys for WA
« on: May 29, 2014, 12:44 AM »
Can I have a link to what Character maps keys i can use for my team names? Is it all the Fsysmbols or?
For God so love the world, that he give his only begotten son, that who so ever believes in Him, putting their faith and trust on him, they will not go to hell or devil, will never perish and will have everlasting life.

I can do everything through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

Offline avirex

Re: Character maps keys for WA
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 12:52 AM »
start> programs> Accessories > system tools> Character maps

im not sure the exact font, but Arial has always worked for me.. have not found a character that did not work.

Offline Farco/Ghost

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 12:57 AM »
 I tried using the character map through there but a lot of them doesn't work. I'm just wondering if there are certain ones that will work in WA
For God so love the world, that he give his only begotten son, that who so ever believes in Him, putting their faith and trust on him, they will not go to hell or devil, will never perish and will have everlasting life.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 01:00 AM »
I tried using the character map through there but a lot of them doesn't work. I'm just wondering if there are certain ones that will work in WA
A lot of them don't work.  Certain ones work in WA.  If you want to find out which, try it out in WA.  If it doesn't work, it doesn't work.  That is my method, tried and true.

Offline Farco/Ghost

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 01:04 AM »
I remember there's a site for the character maps that works for Wormnet... But i totally forgot where I find it at because a friend gave me a link once before..

Offline _ssm_

Offline Prince_Egypt

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 12:01 AM »
So i can add more Characters  to WA  ?

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2014, 09:26 AM »
In theory, you could start distributing a modified character table, yeah. But in practice, that would make very little sense because you'd be relying on everyone using that same modified table or else see wrong or empty characters. Until 4.x brings Unicode support, it's best to just leave this to the two developers; you can pester them to add new characters themselves, but because there's so few free spots left in the table, there's no way they might add support for many more languages. Maybe a few, though!