Forums
April 29, 2024, 04:03 AM

Author Topic: Current status of the League  (Read 18184 times)

Offline sock

Re: Current status of the League
« Reply #105 on: July 30, 2018, 09:36 PM »
Stop talking about it and start playing it!
TTRR ne1?

Offline sock

« Reply #106 on: July 30, 2018, 09:56 PM »
Dave take a look at the best records in some of the most popular challenges, people go full speed with extreme accuracy pushing it to the limit.

I keep up to date with challenges, hence why I am saying this ;)

Sorry but i'm with skunk on this one, if you are already good at TTRR, and doing the same map for a whole week, it's not as impressive as winning actual games, in my opinion.

There is next to no pressure when you have all that time to sit and focus, alone, without distraction.

It still looks cool though, but i've never saw anyone go full speed in a TTRR, I mean the league style TTRR games, ever, well, without falling anyway :D

The only full speed I saw in TTRR is on challenges, on the smaller, more open maps.

Edit - Missed Senators reply:

I think you are alone with this view. It's easier to keep the worm on the track on a wide map even if the pace is faster.

Then howcome players of any skill level fall on both schemes, the best players in TTRR hardly fall, the best players in Big RR hardly fall.

If you try to go as fast as humanly possible in TTRR you will fall, in Big RR, you will fall, and I mean throwing your worm and bouncing as hard/fast as possible.

Try and prove me wrong :)
I am pretty sure when I watched masta play the Big RR challenge the other week, he fell and used his parachute a couple times if i am not mistaken. You rarely see anyone in TTRR challenge win without falling even once, sometimes one parachute, rarely 2 parachutes. Proven wrong :) TTRR is the harder scheme and if you are good at TTRR it will be much easier to get good at BigRR. End of Story. No more posts, please. Let's talk about the variety of games more. yay  8)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 10:20 PM by oldsock »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #107 on: July 30, 2018, 10:30 PM »
Lots of ttrr players play different maps that they don't practice week after week, challenges are just for fun m8.

Yeah I know, what's your point? I was replying to lalo mate.

Apart from Masta, who are these Big RR pro players? Sorry for my ignorance, I have not followed the Big RR scene.

That's one of my points lol, Big RR doesn't have the same opportunity TTRR had in terms of playerbase, hardcore players competing with each other rigorously, there are quite a few good players with the potential of surpassing Masta but it doesn't seem like it has enough interest.

You guys are saying Big RR is easier but that's only because the bar hasn't been set high enough yet because it doesn't have the popularity that TTRR had.

If everybody here, and dozens more were actively playing this as much as TTRR in the past, you would understand what I mean about pushing boundaries and that it's still just as hard as TTRR because you can't physically reach the limit because our human bodies can't react as fast flawlessly as tool assist.

Also, Masta has been playing offline and online for years, he put hell of a lot of hours into Big RR, just as he did TTRR. I think it would take any top TTRR player a while to get as good as Masta in Big RR as well.

I am pretty sure when I watched masta play the Big RR challenge the other week, he fell and used his parachute a couple times if i am not mistaken. Proven wrong :) TTRR is the harder scheme and if you are good at TTRR it will be much easier to get good at BigRR. End of Story. No more posts, please. Let's talk about the variety of games more. yay  8)

How does him falling and using parachute a couple times prove anything? People fall and use parachute in TTRR as well, what's your point here?

TTRR is not the harder scheme, you are being subjective.

It's this simple, if you play Big RR you learn how to control the rope in wider more open spaces, you have more room to sustain full speed, you can play safe and get solid times, but if you really have that fire in your heart and want to be the fastest humanly possible, you will push your worm to do the fastest tricks, like power spikes, pumps, outlaws, full speed scrolling on zig zag sections with 1 bounce each side, paying attention to the upcoming sections and keeping yourself on the optimum route, each time you do the wrong move, or lose momentum you fall behind, if this scheme was played in the same scheme settings as TTRR, infinite time, I actually think it would be harder to go full speed for 5+ minutes without pause, than doing a short TTRR map for 1 minute.

If you play TTRR you learn how to control the rope in tighter areas, you have less room to sustain full speed, you can play safe and get solid times, but if you really have that fire in your heart and want to be the fastest humanly possible, you will push your worm to do the fastest tricks, you will learn to scroll in tight gaps because your hand eye coordination skills will learn the timing/groove for that map type just as simply as they will on larger maps at faster speeds.

The most crucial aspects in all schemes, is confidence and passion, once you practise enough, you feel more natural, and everything becomes a daily routine you can do in your sleep.

Also, if TTRR players are so good, howcome every single one, consistently makes the same amount of mistakes in Roper, WxW AND Big RR just as much as they do in TTRR?

Also, in TTRR, you get what, 4 chances to finish just 1 worm, in Big RR, you get just 1 worm, you get no do-overs.

I honestly just seem them all as equal.

Offline sock

« Reply #108 on: July 30, 2018, 10:39 PM »
Lots of ttrr players play different maps that they don't practice week after week, challenges are just for fun m8.

Yeah I know, what's your point? I was replying to lalo mate.

Apart from Masta, who are these Big RR pro players? Sorry for my ignorance, I have not followed the Big RR scene.

That's one of my points lol, Big RR doesn't have the same opportunity TTRR had in terms of playerbase, hardcore players competing with each other rigorously, there are quite a few good players with the potential of surpassing Masta but it doesn't seem like it has enough interest.

You guys are saying Big RR is easier but that's only because the bar hasn't been set high enough yet because it doesn't have the popularity that TTRR had.

If everybody here, and dozens more were actively playing this as much as TTRR in the past, you would understand what I mean about pushing boundaries and that it's still just as hard as TTRR because you can't physically reach the limit because our human bodies can't react as fast flawlessly as tool assist.

Also, Masta has been playing offline and online for years, he put hell of a lot of hours into Big RR, just as he did TTRR. I think it would take any top TTRR player a while to get as good as Masta in Big RR as well.

I am pretty sure when I watched masta play the Big RR challenge the other week, he fell and used his parachute a couple times if i am not mistaken. Proven wrong :) TTRR is the harder scheme and if you are good at TTRR it will be much easier to get good at BigRR. End of Story. No more posts, please. Let's talk about the variety of games more. yay  8)

How does him falling and using parachute a couple times prove anything? People fall and use parachute in TTRR as well, what's your point here?

TTRR is not the harder scheme, you are being subjective.

It's this simple, if you play Big RR you learn how to control the rope in wider more open spaces, you have more room to sustain full speed, you can play safe and get solid times, but if you really have that fire in your heart and want to be the fastest humanly possible, you will push your worm to do the fastest tricks, like power spikes, pumps, outlaws, full speed scrolling on zig zag sections with 1 bounce each side, paying attention to the upcoming sections and keeping yourself on the optimum route, each time you do the wrong move, or lose momentum you fall behind, if this scheme was played in the same scheme settings as TTRR, infinite time, I actually think it would be harder to go full speed for 5+ minutes without pause, than doing a short TTRR map for 1 minute.

If you play TTRR you learn how to control the rope in tighter areas, you have less room to sustain full speed, you can play safe and get solid times, but if you really have that fire in your heart and want to be the fastest humanly possible, you will push your worm to do the fastest tricks, you will learn to scroll in tight gaps because your hand eye coordination skills will learn the timing/groove for that map type just as simply as they will on larger maps at faster speeds.

The most crucial aspects in all schemes, is confidence and passion, once you practise enough, you feel more natural, and everything becomes a daily routine you can do in your sleep.
Maybe it's not a harder scheme, but it is the more popular scheme, because you can see the whole map almost on any resolution, lot less confusion of where your going. Less confusion = better scheme.

Offline sock

« Reply #109 on: July 30, 2018, 10:42 PM »
Why practice hours on end to get good at a scheme that makes me nauseous. TTRR is a much faster scheme, you don't have to play for 10-30 minutes finishing a match. Less time wasted = more matches = more players = more variety of schemes that don't take too much time = more fun = more activity. The majority of the games I have played in Anything Goes with BigRR has been 4-5 people in the match, which usually takes about 45 minutes. Lots of fun...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 10:44 PM by oldsock »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #110 on: July 30, 2018, 10:47 PM »
Why does time even matter?

Do you prefer quality, or quantity?

These are all subjective, what's the best fruit? What's the best colour?

I am talking purely about getting from start to finish, I see Big RR and TTRR as equal in terms of difficulty, and i've explained why already.

They both have their individual elements, right now the collective skill level of TTRR is higher than Big RR, but it's not harder.

Offline sock

« Reply #111 on: July 30, 2018, 10:51 PM »
Why does time even matter?

Do you prefer quality, or quantity?

These are all subjective, what's the best fruit? What's the best colour?

I am talking purely about getting from start to finish, I see Big RR and TTRR as equal in terms of difficulty, and i've explained why already.

They both have their individual elements, right now the collective skill level of TTRR is higher than Big RR, but it's not harder.
I prefer quality, and a BigRR with 5 people playing and falling every turn isn't my idea of quality time. They do both have their individual elements, but overall the collective skill level of TTRR is higher than Big RR, but I disagree, it is still harder.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #112 on: July 30, 2018, 10:53 PM »
Well, don't fall every turn then.

Improve.

It's harder, because why?

Is is possibly because you don't find Big RR as interesting, so don't push the limits as much as you do in TTRR?

Just because TTRR is tighter, and slower, doesn't make it harder, just different lol.

Offline sock

« Reply #113 on: July 30, 2018, 10:55 PM »

Improve.
I don't enjoy BigRR, why would I even play it? If I wanted to improve, I could do so very easily and become a "pro". But there is not incentive, no ambition to play this boring scheme, imo

Offline sock

« Reply #114 on: July 30, 2018, 10:56 PM »

Improve.

It's harder, because why?

Is is possibly because you don't find Big RR as interesting, so don't push the limits as much as you do in TTRR?
Yeah, because it is not nearly as interesting. It's the truth! It's fun to go fast and hit some nice speeds, but after 20 minutes I'm cooked. Why push the limits. This will just hurt my fingers in the long run as well as everyone else's who decide to put so many hours into this scheme

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #115 on: July 30, 2018, 10:56 PM »
I don't enjoy BigRR, why would I even play it? If I wanted to improve, I could do so very easily and become a "pro". But there is not incentive, no ambition to play this boring scheme, imo

I don't enjoy TTRR, why would I even play it? If I wanted to improve, I could do so very easily and become a "pro". But there is not incentive, no ambition to play this boring scheme, imo

Checkmate.

Offline sock

« Reply #116 on: July 30, 2018, 10:58 PM »
IMO, if you want to push the limits and do power spikes and stuff, there is a game called a warmer, heard some people were pretty good at it years ago.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #117 on: July 30, 2018, 11:00 PM »
There is no risk in Warmer.

You can have 10 bad turns then do the best turn of all time, then do another 10 bad turns.

Going the speeds of warmer, in Big RR, is the ultimate goal, it's MUCH more appealing than the slowness of TTRR.

Offline sock

« Reply #118 on: July 30, 2018, 11:00 PM »

I don't enjoy TTRR, why would I even play it? If I wanted to improve, I could do so very easily and become a "pro". But there is not incentive, no ambition to play this boring scheme, imo

Checkmate.
You can practice BigRR for the next 2 years, and I will barely play any, then we can have a challenge, and if you beat me, then you can say checkmate, until then your all talk.

Offline sock

« Reply #119 on: July 30, 2018, 11:00 PM »
There is no risk in Warmer.

You can have 10 bad turns then do the best turn of all time, then do another 10 bad turns.
Same with BigRR, "checkmate"