Forums
May 01, 2024, 11:50 PM

Author Topic: Custom Worm names. Ok or not?  (Read 2420 times)

Offline Anubis

Custom Worm names. Ok or not?
« on: December 15, 2011, 08:53 PM »
In almost every scheme without worm select you have to keep in mind the order of your opponents worms. Some people use similar worm names to confuse the opponent and I have to waste time to remind or write down the worm names. Since external aids are not allowed anymore I can't write down any worm names anymore. So everybody should be forced to use standard Worm names.

Here are some examples:

Worm 1
Worm 2
Worm 3
etc.

It's a league and should be an even playing field!

Offline skOrpuz

Re: Custom Worm names. Ok or not?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 09:01 PM »
but grace is just to confuse the opponent  :D making him think more before making a move  :P

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 09:06 PM »
Who says you're not allowed to write down worm names?

;O

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 09:33 PM »
Where your weapons in elite are pen and paper, and kami meters, walrus gains the advantage with scotch whiskey and ciggarettes.  Performance enhancing?  Discuss amongst yourselves.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 09:42 PM by TheWalrus »

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 09:49 PM »

;O

I think Anubis is relating to 'markings on your screen while playing bng' thread. ;)

I rather find this thread ironical.

Offline franz

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 10:14 PM »
I've already gotten in trouble with this in the past when people complained about my team names being the same. The rules already say this is illegal, so I happily changed them back to normal.

"No graves or teamnames may be used that might confuse the opponent."

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 10:35 PM »

;O

I think Anubis is relating to 'markings on your screen while playing bng' thread. ;)

I think so too..

I don't find this funny really anubis, you've had your fair share of involvement in the rules of leagues to know that external aids that are programs should be forbidden. Rubberworm and cr8 finder is a programme, people have the choice of installing it and its easy to detect.

Different to team names. If you took my statement of an even playing field literally we should all play worms on the same pc, with same keyboard and monitor!

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2011, 10:37 PM »
Different to team names. If you took my statement of an even playing field literally we should all play worms on the same pc, with same keyboard and monitor!
Party at chickens house!

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2011, 10:41 PM »
Party at chickens house!

Insert WormsCon joke here?

Offline CJ

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2011, 10:55 PM »
im sorry but what the f@#! has worms come to, to the point of we're not allowed to write worms names down, i mean how the f@#! can anyone/anything prove that you've written the names down.

FFS its worms armageddon not world war f@#!ing 3, just play the game, kil each other we have a winner simple as.
My hometown rugby team Warrington Wolves won the 2009 Carnegie Challenge Cup At Wembley and successfully defended the trophy by beating Leeds Rhinos 30-6 at Wembley on 28/08/10 and got the trophy back beating Leeds Rhinos 35-18 on 25/08/12... 3rd time in 4 years

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2011, 11:06 PM »
Party at chickens house!

Insert WormsCon joke here?
youll get all the young wormers in a room and rape them like colon was going to do?

Offline Anubis

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2011, 11:49 PM »

;O

I think so too..

I don't find this funny really anubis, you've had your fair share of involvement in the rules of leagues to know that external aids that are programs should be forbidden. Rubberworm and cr8 finder is a programme, people have the choice of installing it and its easy to detect.

Sure did, but the "advantage" of having an arrow near a cr8 is obsolete. It's like having a tool that tells you how many "insert random weapon" your opponent has used. Information is always an advantage not denying that, but lately I see many solutions with very questionable reasons. A higher resolution is an advantage, getting rid of keylock is an advantage. If you walk the way of an even playing field stop measuring with 2 different sets. If you disallow one thing because it's an advantage to those that haven't got it you sure need to disallow many many more things.

It's like some people want to enforce their way of playing just because they think it's right. I don't care if it's an external program. Remapping keys is most of the time done by an external program. Ban it too. Oh wait most of you use it, so it's ok? Getting quite hypocritical now. ;)

And yeah, I wanted to remind some people that this is a game and you earn no money, no fame or anything with it.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 11:50 PM by DeathInFire »

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2011, 11:52 PM »
I find it really hilarious that TUS has a rule about making 'confusing' worm names. First of all, intermediate is the only scheme where this matters in the least, it's easy to remember the order of a mere 4 worms in elite or t17. If the names are blank or something, then both sides have the same advantage/disadvantage in not knowing; there's absolutely no need for such a rule.

The other issue of writing down worm names/weapons used should fall under external aids, but that issue really only has any use in NNNL. If you want to prove your lameness though, be like FaD and put everyone on ignore while writing down all the info you need in the chatbox ;D

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2011, 05:17 AM »
be like FaD and put everyone on ignore while writing down all the info you need in the chatbox ;D

Hmm that's clever! Using chatbox as a notepad!
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Devilage

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2011, 08:43 AM »
so we cant have graves that look like mines?

Smoking proud.