Forums
May 02, 2024, 01:50 AM

Author Topic: Do us a favour please and just end WO.  (Read 2393 times)

Re: Do us a favour please and just end WO.
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2024, 12:15 PM »
Where did you get this chart? Which source? I would like to click the "?" Button to see the criteria of WA interest over time.
Google Trends https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&q=%2Fm%2F02p3w2v&hl=en

I think 2009 was the golden age of RubberWorm and PX.
I'm afraid PX 0.8.0 only came out in 2011, and prior to that nobody played it. Same with RubberWorm, it was still in development by Pisto in 2009, long before Kawoosh takeover (KMZ at the time), the game was unsaturated with players who had RubberWorm installed at the time. I'd say the golden age of RubberWorm is right now.The problem is that the "golden age" of the game itself is gone. Although I think "golden age" is the wrong way to put it.
back in 2009 people told me about the golden age in 2004. But it's not about this gold stuff, it's that the game was more popular.

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2024, 12:59 AM »
Interesting. I think I never used Google trends. It's possible to see the interest of WA by the states/provinces of each country!

And, yes, maybe you're right. 2011 was version 3.6.31.0 that supported PX and RubberWorm, and both modules were well known by this time.
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline Korydex

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2024, 05:12 AM »
Although I think "golden age" is the wrong way to put it.
back in 2009 people told me about the golden age in 2004. But it's not about this gold stuff, it's that the game was more popular.
Golden Age: 1999-2009
Silver Age: 2010-2019, new wave of players and more extra features
Bronze Age: 2020-now, 3.8 update and more players cos corona
;D