Forums
April 28, 2024, 09:36 AM

Author Topic: HostingBuddy: Basic commands for hosting a game  (Read 2622 times)

Offline BananaDeek

HostingBuddy: Basic commands for hosting a game
« on: January 06, 2016, 02:27 AM »

CLICK HERE FOR A STEAM GUIDE

Hey dudes! Here is a guide on how to use some commands via HostingBuddy to create a basic online game on WormNet.

Cheers!

Offline Husk

Re: HostingBuddy: Basic commands for hosting a game
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 04:25 AM »
ok thanks maybe a next guide how to wipe ur ass????

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 08:47 AM »
Welcome to TUS, BananaDeek!

Thanks for making this video. You could expand the HostingBuddy tutorial for other schemes. Some popular schemes like Shopper uses maps created by players which they can be load from WMDB or TUS's map database. WMDB's maps can be accessed via !map WMDB_ID. TUS's commands can be found here.

btw Husk means no harm :)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 09:29 AM »
ok thanks maybe a next guide how to wipe ur ass????
He has 2,000 subscribers and he made a worms video, this is great IMO, stop harassing him huskov :(

Offline xSniperx

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 02:01 PM »
Shocker i'm hosting a BnG ,. ahah

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2016, 04:57 PM »
How about just throw a full list of commands at those n00bs (or vice versa)? They wouldn't read or watch anything anyway, so this way you wouldn't need to waste your time making a video!

On a serious note, those who don't know how to make "basic matches" usually don't know about this site as well, so they wouldn't find this guide anyway.
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2016, 05:20 PM »
How about just throw a full list of commands at those n00bs (or vice versa)? They wouldn't read or watch anything anyway, so this way you wouldn't need to waste your time making a video!

On a serious note, those who don't know how to make "basic matches" usually don't know about this site as well, so they wouldn't find this guide anyway.
Maybe its for one of the 2,000 people that subscribe to his feed on youtube?  You really didn't think about this one, bud.  Try to use logic before you tag something as a 'waste'.

Offline xSniperx

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2016, 05:36 PM »
i'd agree, A) there's nothing wrong with shared knowlage just because you know doesn't mean everone does B) random people see video and try out worms = more activity.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2016, 06:04 PM »
Can't believe someone actually attacked this guy just cause he tried to do positive thing which could really make a good advertise for WA. Haha.. TUS ppl need to relax a bit.

Anyway, gj man. For further videos you could record some games and upload on yt channel. Subscribers gonna love it for sure.

Offline BananaDeek

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2016, 09:21 PM »
Welcome to TUS, BananaDeek!

Thanks for making this video. You could expand the HostingBuddy tutorial for other schemes. Some popular schemes like Shopper uses maps created by players which they can be load from WMDB or TUS's map database. WMDB's maps can be accessed via !map WMDB_ID. TUS's commands can be found here.

btw Husk means no harm :)

Just trying to popularize the game in the ways that I can. Of course this is already a specialized forum with many people that don't need to know the basics, but inexperienced players like me can use some help.

I was more of a WWP kid back in the day, mostly playing some single-player, and now ages later trying to get acquainted with the Armageddon "pros" like Husk. Thank you for your welcome and the info! Cheers.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2016, 01:00 AM »
Most important command of all:

!ammo banana 0

Offline Anubis

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2016, 02:23 AM »
lol come on guys, Husk did one of his funny 1 liners and you treat him as if he just told him to stfu and piss off.

Btw, oh mighty BananaDeek, please notice me with your 2,000 subscribers, senpai of W:A, bringer of activity.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 02:25 AM by Anubis »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2016, 03:38 AM »
I never even read the thread when I posted but now that I did, lmao Husk :D

Husk is one of those people u gotta know for a while before knowing if he's being serious or joking around :D

Offline Sensei

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2016, 04:03 AM »
I think MI erased few comments as well.
Banana is new to tus, you can't welcome newcomers by f@#!ing with their minds.
Especially if they're doing positive shit for WA. But yeah, can't be mad at Husk.. :)