Forums
May 02, 2024, 12:42 AM

Author Topic: How to fix "blinking" in old .bit maps?  (Read 1254 times)

Offline Sensei

How to fix "blinking" in old .bit maps?
« on: October 20, 2015, 01:52 AM »
I guess this isn't first time someone asking for a solution on this particular problem.
It happens while roping on classic shopper maps (well, most of them). After 2-3 mins it becomes very difficult to maintain focus, cause all that jittering makes you dizzy and uncomfortable.

Same problem in old battle and boom race maps. Hard to concentrate when whole map is trembling on every single movement you make.

I hope this can be fixed!?
Win 7 user here, btw.
Ty in advance.

Offline skOrpuz

Re: How to fix "blinking" in old .bit maps?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 02:00 AM »
i have the same problem when im playing on my notebook...

Offline Husk

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 03:23 AM »
sensei... I am not sure if I am talking about same topic... but this flickering might be what is caused by colours in map... for example if every other pixel is blue and every other pixel is black, it looks weird shade of blue and when screen moves it causes flickering, that is the reason why flickering is in this map: https://www.tus-wa.com/maps/map-15032/

let me know if that is what u r experiencing =)

here is a replay of playthrough of this map that has flickering/blinking: https://www.tus-wa.com/challenges/download/replay-5993-1/
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 03:25 AM by Husk »

Offline Sensei

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 03:32 AM »
let me know if that is what u r experiencing =)

Yeah, exactly that. But I guess there's a way to avoid it. (?)
Cause some people don't experience flickering when they're in the game and playin same map as me.
Unless I misunderstood them completely.. (all that flickering may caused some permanent brain damage)

Offline Husk

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 03:35 AM »
I have heard of people not having such blinking/flickering, dunno if they have some different settings in advanced options and maybe a specific resolution could help? might wanna ask this question in tech forum to see if u get any answer =P

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2015, 06:24 AM »
Try to turn on the background. I see this shit to but i think im kind of immune to this.

Also, if you use CRT display try refresh rates 50 and 100 Hz and say if it worked.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 06:25 AM by XanKriegor »

Offline Plutonic

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2015, 12:03 PM »

Offline Sensei

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2015, 04:09 PM »
Thank you for answers. I've been planning to buy a new monitor for weeks now. So here's one more reason why.
Gonna inform others if new screen and bigger resolution manage to fix the jitter problem.

Offline Fenice

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2015, 08:05 PM »
I also have this problem and it started to happen when I updated my Worms to 3.7.

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2015, 04:21 AM »
One more experiment - set 75 Hz in your monitor settings then play WA with /150 command, it will make WA to output 75 frames per second instead of 50.