Forums
May 05, 2024, 10:05 PM

Author Topic: Ignorance  (Read 3420 times)

Offline phreek

Ignorance
« on: May 25, 2011, 07:43 PM »
Hello everyone,
I just wanted to whine a little.

Preface

I've recently joined a few rubberworm games for a change (not a fan of these schemes). I have rubberworm module, and I have already played all sorts of rubber schemes. But this time I was asked to type some /telv command to show that I have the module. Host lobby returned only "unrecognized command", so I asssumed it was host-only or non-existent at all. So I couldn't prove that I have the rubberworm, and they kept kicking me without even trying to understand (I tried explaining that the command doesn't work etc...). Later I found out that it was /teLLv (double L), nobody would tell me that on wnet, so I spent a while googling.

The point

What the hell is wrong with the wormnet community? I wouldn't fuss about some random folk being rude, ofcourse, but this is a different story. People who insulted me had clan tags and are knows wormers (I'm not writing names). I understand your unwillingness to play with "noobs" and so on, but let's not get ugly about it. Learn some tolerance.

EDIT

Yeah, the community is great overall actually. I just felt fed up with this stuff...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 11:03 PM by phreek »

Offline nino

Re: Ignorance
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 08:07 PM »
I feel sorry for it, i hope it wont happen again. :(

welcome in TUS by the way :)
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 08:08 PM »
I'm not sure either mate.

Some people find it very easy to act like total c@#!s when hosting games.

Name names.  People like this should be ashamed of themselves.  It's not like you were being silent.  You were explaining yourself.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 08:10 PM by Cueshark »

Offline HHC

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 08:15 PM »
yoyo phreek, welcome to TUS.

Haters gonna hate  :-[

Offline franz

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 08:32 PM »
of course there will be those who argue that:
"This is the internet, get a thick skin, learn and adapt on your own"

but my advice is to always be friendly when hosting open games.
the wormnet community is small enough that you should reach out to every player who joins.

sorry to hear that you ran into a bad host.
just know that they probably don't know any better,
and don't realize that they are harming the community.

Offline Maciej

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 08:51 PM »
well, maybe I haven't got best reputation, but I like play with newbs :P often only they join my ttrr hosts so I show them how to rope ;D

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 08:59 PM »
Also, considering how passionate Kaos players are about their league I'm sure they would be appalled to hear that Rubberworm users are discouraging new players.

I remember when I first discovered rubberworm, I was desperate to spread the love.

Oh well.  Perhaps it was a one off.

As a side point - I've been playing a little bit of online arcade games.  I'm an absolute noob in those regions and don't I know it.  I've not met one welcoming player or one player without an attitude problem.  I may have been unlucky but it does remind me that the worms community has some really top quality sportsman (and women).  Once you find them it doesn't seem so bad putting up with the tossers.

:)

Offline darKz

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 09:15 PM »
What Cue said. This community is by far the most friendly one I know, try comparing it to other gaming communities.. I'm 99% positive you won't find a more friendly one. :)
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline sock

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 09:20 PM »
aasdgasg

Offline Ray

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 09:25 PM »
I remember, the whole story why I started playing worms was basically, I got internet only in 2007, so I went on and tried every single game I had in multiplayer. Everywhere, people were assholes, then I logged in the almighty WormNET1 on WWP... things have changed. :D

But seriously, I knew nothing and people were still friendly and tried explaining me what things are about and stuff... showed me everything.

So I stayed, and besides a few other games, I never played any other. :)

By the way, Trackmania folks are also very nice, and the size of that community is at least a thousand times bigger than worms'.

Offline HHC

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2011, 09:41 PM »
By the way, Trackmania folks are also very nice, and the size of that community is at least a thousand times bigger than worms'.

Amen.

I suppose it's just a matter of steering clear from the most popular games.

WA had some pretty big assh*les as well back in the day, and the atmosphere was ten times less friendly than it is today. But we all get older..

Offline phreek

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2011, 11:10 PM »
Edited the first post.

Offline TapstaR

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2011, 06:42 AM »
Everyone needs to watch this again I think  ;D ---> http://wormtube.worms2d.info/27/i_m_a_noob
It Dosent Take Much To Smile :)

Offline DENnis

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2011, 10:19 AM »
I feel sorry for it, i hope it wont happen again. :(

welcome in TUS by the way :)

+ ;)

Right, first a friendly hello and welcome to tus :)

I suggest to ignore unfriendly people, because nobody deserve to get insulted, especially not because of bad behaviour of unfriendly guys who don't even try to understand you.

There are enough games, so join that games of guys, who would deserve to play with you =)

Best Regards,

;DENnis

Offline Y2JID

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2011, 11:17 AM »

Amen.

I suppose it's just a matter of steering clear from the most popular games.

WA had some pretty big assh*les as well back in the day, and the atmosphere was ten times less friendly than it is today. But we all get older..

assholes like who ?
Uh, yo, it just so happen this how Y2JID thing started
Flip two aces and get two face cards
It happens, chip stackin'
I turn around, see a bunch of chicks clappin'
But a girl walked by, caught my eye
So I said, 'What the f@#!, stand here and give me luck'
And she whispered in my ear
A purple one on there and put a pink one on there