Forums
May 02, 2024, 10:48 AM

Poll

‭‭‭‭

‭‭‭‭
‭‭‭‭‭

Author Topic: Kawoosh is making a snooper  (Read 10524 times)

Offline Rabbzz

Re: Kawoosh is making a snooper
« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2013, 09:55 AM »
I really hope this gets finished, was a really good snooper

Offline StepS

« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2013, 06:01 PM »
me too, but he needs to get the latest Embarcadero studio for this, and he's quite lazy you know
once it's installed no doubt he will make many updates...
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Zemke

« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2013, 12:21 AM »
Hey StepS and Kawoosh, thank you for working on a Snooper. It’s good to have the probably most widely used tool of the community being actively developed after Lookias had unfortunately stopped developing The Wheat Snooper. Weed Snooper looks very much alike The Wheat Snooper. A little bit like an extended version of it. We’ve talked about it, but I again want to mention that forking The Wheat Snooper would maybe accelerate the development process.

Are you thinking about releasing the source code of Weed Snooper? Will it be possible to use or built Weed Snooper on other operating systems than Windows? What’s Weed Snooper licensed under?

I very much like the idea of using tabs instead of new windows. That’s what applications do nowadays. Also the hosts list seems to have some useful features.

You could start off with a revolution regarding the list of contacts in the channel. It’s cluttered with irrelevant and inaccurate information. Ranks have no validity, clan information is rarely given or comes with the nickname anyway. I’d simply display flag and nickname only and have all the other information available via right-click. Playing around with the version information should somehow be prevented.
I’d reconsider the construction of everything above the hosts and contacts lists, it looks cluttered. Also I personally don’t like my OS dependent styles like the title bar or window border to be affected by the skin of the actual application.

Again, thanks for the effort, I really hope the development will continuously bring up new releases. By the way, it’s really discouraging to hear Kawoosh losing interest so often.

« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2013, 05:46 PM »
Thanks for your message...
I too lazy last time... I want to continue development of this, but I little bored :-X.
This snooper written in C++ with Embarcadero RAD Studio (Borland C++ Builder before).. No crossplatform, but it can work under Wine on Linux systems.. I was planned to open source code when first usable release will be.. But I bored to finish it. May be in 1-2 months I will continue it. May be.........
About lists... Do right click on list header... You can show/hide every column 8). And you can do drag/drop columns to change order.
I don't like border override too.. But I planned to change skin system. Current one have too much bugs and glitches, and I tired with crutches to fix it.
Sorry, if my English is too bad  ;D

Offline Lex

« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2013, 07:02 PM »
ye, don't need to sorry cuz we do them a favor when speaking (or at least trying to speak) foreign language ;D

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #81 on: December 11, 2013, 09:53 PM »
wtf lex sighting