Forums
February 18, 2019, 09:16 AM

Author Topic: MapGEN v0.8.6.2  (Read 19606 times)

Offline Thewolensheep

Re: MapGEN v0.8.6.2
« Reply #315 on: February 11, 2019, 07:06 PM »
oooh, I do like these pillar islands. maybe add a scale slider to make the same results but at a higher dpi and no artifacts?
You can create double-sized terrain themes and use them to generate higher-dpi maps. Here's a test I did with Medieval x2 (on the right):
If thats how it works then ill have to update my current themes to support bigger maps.
Creates soundbanks and other shit. creator of a dream worms game that'll never come true.

Offline Plutonic

« Reply #316 on: February 12, 2019, 07:30 AM »
It depends what effect you are looking for, you could get what steps did by just resizing with a better upscaling algorithm. If you want the bigger objects and larger land texture then that is a nice way to automate it.
If what you want is normal sized objects and textures but on the same shape map, then you will need the next update with new scaling options.

Offline Plutonic

« Reply #317 on: February 13, 2019, 01:16 PM »
Update: Both Multi-island and Multi-cavern no longer have a forced gap between them, allowing them to move over the "half-way point".

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #318 on: February 13, 2019, 01:21 PM »
Looks neat! Do you remake those generators to use this new hexagon based algorithm? I can spot some places where it shows up on the maps.

Offline Plutonic

« Reply #319 on: February 13, 2019, 02:02 PM »
Looks neat! Do you remake those generators to use this new hexagon based algorithm? I can spot some places where it shows up on the maps.

Yeah, these new ones use hexagons as the first pass, rather than the original which just picked random points and then tried to sort them into a nice order.
It tries to remove the obvious hexiness in the second pass but it is just about there still if you are looking for it.