Forums
May 03, 2024, 08:05 PM

Author Topic: New Keyboard | Wooting 60HE | Unboxing, Setup & Review  (Read 1174 times)

Offline TheKomodo

New Keyboard | Wooting 60HE | Unboxing, Setup & Review
« on: September 13, 2023, 05:25 PM »
Hey,

For all those keen Roping enthusiasts out there, I'll be streaming this game changing new keyboard tonight!

https://discord.gg/npr5MWxw?event=1151568876857982987

7:30pm GMT!

Offline TheKomodo

Re: New Keyboard | Wooting 60HE | Unboxing, Setup & Review
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2023, 02:17 AM »
For those interested in watching how to setup this keyboard while exploring all the best features, here is a YouTube video of the unboxing, setup & test/review!

Here is a small Twitch clip showing how insane FR is! Keep in mind, I am a noob at FR, I've never been interested in doing it before, you can see I struggle a bit, though you can also see the potential it has!

https://clips.twitch.tv/PiercingFunnyHedgehogKippa-4TncKAVBh-4vQcC_

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2023, 04:00 AM »
maciej would be proud! ;D
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline Mo0k

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2023, 07:43 AM »
Loved it :P Thx again Komo for showing it

Challange Masta now? :p
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:20 AM by Mo0k »
Clans:
LoR(wwp)
UNI(wwp)
n00b(wwp)
xCx(wa)
CKC(wa)
SiX(wa)
Di(wa)
NBR(wa)
cT(wa)
b0R(wa)
mA(wa)
ruL(wa)
HoS(wa)
sL(wa)
Btk(wa)
tCs(wa)
GQ(wa)
------------------------------------------

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2023, 06:29 AM »
Thanks for the review Komo :)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2023, 04:41 PM »
Hey! Glad you guys appreciate the review! Any roping enthusiast who can afford it will want this keyboard!

Thanks to Anubis as well for giving us all the heads up on this insanely OP keyboard in the first place!

Here are a few more tid bits that show off how insane this keyboard is for it's responsiveness!

Tight double tap scroll close to roof after a fly:

https://clips.twitch.tv/RoundCreativeAxePeteZarollTie-yYD3GRjO32vKjnYr

Tight double tap scroll close to roof after a fly, but even tighter than the first one!:

https://clips.twitch.tv/FineCreativeTurtleFunRun-kOg6tkNVD96vFg2V

Also, I have not been able to do double kicks THIS clean, smooth and consistent for about 20 years:

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2023, 05:29 PM »
So now we have a keyboard greater than a script. What to do about it?
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2023, 05:50 PM »

I think it might be time to seriously consider what we allow in Leagues... Because THIS is the future of keyboards and it's going to be standard for everyone eventually, even cheap keyboards.

This keyboard is so OP in the hands of a good player it's scary!

Which is also one reason why I am doing these reviews, just to get people up to date on what technology is out there, and why you might see people doing some crazy stuff soon in the game!

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2023, 12:03 PM »

nothing, just embrace it, just like osu! did

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2023, 02:33 PM »

nothing, just embrace it, just like osu! did

I would normally be on team "Nope, ban it!", however, this time it's different, we're entering an age of extremely advanced technology and AI.

Yes, you can accuse people of abusing the features of this keyboard, and yes it's probably obvious and yes you're probably right... But how can you prove it? If you can't prove it then you can't enforce it and therefore cannot stop it.

Offline Sir-J

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2023, 10:56 PM »
-
« Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 12:15 AM by Sir-J »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2023, 11:01 PM »
Why didn't you buy Wooting Two HE instead? It has same features and is a full sized keyboard. Rapid trigger is available on it too.

How easy it is to switch between profiles, and have 3 layers of Fn keys.. I just fancied a nice little 60% keyboard as it gives me so much room on my desk. :D

However don't worry, I'll be adding the Wooting Two HE to my collection some day.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2023, 11:27 AM »
Glad you are enjoying it and that it's living up to the hype I thought it would have! Your reactions are priceless though, that's exactly how I felt when I started to get into modding my keyboard, how insane the responsiveness is, how everything you do happens exactly when you tell it to. It truly is an amazing feeling when you realize you are held back by out-dated hardware and can finally realize your potential.

This is basically the performance you can get when heavily modding keyboards. I would probably play without the key-caps though, at least for space and arrow keys, then you can get more control over the pressure you apply and can utilize the rapid trigger better. That's how I rope anyway lol. I tap on the triggers, not the keycaps. You have massive hands though, my hands are tiny compared to yours so this might be a little advantage I have to play like that. :)

This rapid fire mechanic is actually another layer to your skill as a roper, if you become better at applying your force when tapping you can get out faster and more rapid presses, that's a skill in itself since you don't need to press the key down all the way any-more. People that learn to tap more delicate will have a distinct advantage there.

Now everyone can get the joy out of super responsive keys without any knowledge of how to mod keyboards, pretty expensive and I wish it was here back in the golden ages of warmers with lots of people to play with, but I totally plan to get one of these in the future, this will change gaming as a whole, not just Worms. You want these features in most games, highly customizable keypresses are desirable in all games really. More manufacturers will appear and prices will probably go down a decent chunk.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 11:48 AM by Anubis »