Forums
April 28, 2024, 08:10 AM

Author Topic: Old replays and players through the years  (Read 52742 times)

Offline Crazy

Re: Old replays and players through the years
« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2011, 10:44 AM »
How`s it going Ryan?

« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2011, 10:54 AM »
I have tons of replays with old players, here's an old warmer with Moose! He was a very skilled warmer that I knew from back in the days of WWP, still great by today's standards. It's funny to watch myself rope 6+ years ago, I spent most of my time doing bouncy outlaws and kicks.

Offline Crazy

« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2011, 12:36 PM »
I remember him, some solid roping there! Here`s a funny game with az01, where he`s trying to explain me the essence of "timetrial roperacing" (time counts down from 90 sec). I had never tryed to play counting it down from 90 sec before this game, and Az was not even sure if this was how it really should be played ;X But i guess it was some kind of pre-timetrial shit?

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2011, 12:46 PM »
Nexile, did you use any other names in like 2001?
Names such as Madwakk or Toxicity

I put the CKC sign on. All the guys will be turning up soon.

Offline darKz

« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2011, 05:26 PM »
I had never tryed to play counting it down from 90 sec before this game, and Az was not even sure if this was how it really should be played ;X But i guess it was some kind of pre-timetrial shit?

Turns counting upwards from 0 secs weren't always part of WA. The timetrial setting got introduced in one of the later patches, we used to put 90 sec turns back then (120 wasn't available either) and whoever had more time left by the finish would win.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2011, 05:50 PM »
I had never tryed to play counting it down from 90 sec before this game, and Az was not even sure if this was how it really should be played ;X But i guess it was some kind of pre-timetrial shit?

Turns counting upwards from 0 secs weren't always part of WA. The timetrial setting got introduced in one of the later patches, we used to put 90 sec turns back then (120 wasn't available either) and whoever had more time left by the finish would win.

I'm pretty sure Crazy was around before time trial was introduced  ;D.
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline darKz

« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2011, 06:24 PM »
I know that, but his last sentence sounded like a question to me. Sorry if I got it wrong, actually Crazy should know about RR evolution. He's always been more into RR than me. :P
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Crazy

« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2011, 06:52 PM »
Yes you interpreted it correct Dark, it was a sort of a question. I can`t recall everything from those times, and I can be honest and say I only remember that we played with 30 sec (not 90 sec also), and then started with TTRR when TT was presented in one of the previous updates. Which is why I was a bit surprised :P

Offline Madden

« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2011, 10:54 PM »
I'm pretty sure that the first mainstream use of the ttrr scheme was in the CL2K rr challenge of Pi's "Mission Impossible 2". I guess others may have used the scheme before this, but as a super active racer at the time I can say that I'd never played the scheme before. If anyone knows when this was I think it would give a really accurate representation of when the TT scheme came into exsitence, as I'd never played it before, and I think it was all I played after this challenge!

Here is Deadcode haxing the map, for those who are interested:
[NAiL`bOr] if u see me
[NAiL`bOr] ur gonna think im f@#!in weird man

« Reply #84 on: April 14, 2011, 01:21 AM »
I held on to that replay and I can tell you when it was made...

Quote from: Exported Log
Game Started at 2004-04-05 01:02:04 GMT
Game Version: 3.6.19.18-19
File Version: 3.6.19.17 - 3.6.19.19
Exported with Version: 3.6.31.0

... but I also remember playing RR with 90 second turn time and looking at the time that was left on the clock when you finished, so I wouldn't be too quick to pronounce that the official birth date of TTRR, heh. It was version 3.6.19.17 that made the turn counter go up from zero (instead of going nuts) when set to a negative value though, yeah, and that update was released about a month before Deadcode's MI2 tool-assisted run was made.

It's a pretty good estimation of when the current TTRR scheme became more widely accepted, at least. Still, it wasn't a clear-cut transition, and for quite a while a bunch of players still liked the old RR better.

Hey Mads. :-*
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 01:25 AM by KoreanRedDragon »

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2011, 10:38 AM »
for quite a while a bunch of players still liked the old RR better.
It is more friendly than the TT one.  :D
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #86 on: April 14, 2011, 09:46 PM »
That sounds about right Madden, KRD

I preferred 30 second RR for a while after, atleast.

In tournaments, it was a true test of consistency, first fall you're out!

« Reply #87 on: April 14, 2011, 10:06 PM »
I think Dextah090 introduced the scheme to the community at large with a RRkit tourney :) Had the 90 second timer, only because it wasn't possible to have the turn time set to infinity. It was used in a couple of following RRkit tourneys too (cause I liked having different types of RR in different tourneys, had LG, had mirror RR, 3 star ropes, timetrial, 50% timetrial, oh the endless possibilities!)
I think the infinite timer was added specifically to accomodate timetrial though, so I'll still call the 90 second version the birth of timetrial.

ps: hi, Ryan!

Offline NeXiLe

« Reply #88 on: April 15, 2011, 05:55 AM »
I have tons of replays with old players, here's an old warmer with Moose! He was a very skilled warmer that I knew from back in the days of WWP, still great by today's standards. It's funny to watch myself rope 6+ years ago, I spent most of my time doing bouncy outlaws and kicks.

I remember moose now... At first I was like "if it's the moose I know, he's canadian." Then I realized that it would be pretty rare for someone who's not Canadian to use the name moose ;p but yeah, moose is actually probably the oldest name I can remember in worms.

Offline rash

« Reply #89 on: April 15, 2011, 09:39 AM »
lol i checked some old replays of my comp, sadly i deleted all the replays be4 2007 some years ago but i still got a lot from 2007 until now.
so here some replays to show crazy that i was clanning lol
* 2008-06-02 18.31.57 [Online] RoH`Ramb0, deadlyElRey`cFc, RoH`Cry`nlF, @xTdCxRasHx, Messir``RoH``nlF, TdCxAgneau.WAgame (230.27 kB - downloaded 55 times.)

like our 1st wxw with agnos rofl i didnt even remember i played a wxw once
a rr with leroy, darkz and thephoenix ?
* 2007-10-18 20.35.22 [Online] leroyTdc, ThePhoenix-TdC, @xTdCxRasHx, sL`darkz, dt-wza.WAgame (81.84 kB - downloaded 63 times.)

another with husk, crazy in six n blog
* 2007-10-19 22.47.16 [Online] HuskTdC, sixCrazy, bloG, @xTdCxRasHx, sL`teNoR.WAgame (146.63 kB - downloaded 56 times.)

« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 09:43 AM by rash »