Forums
May 02, 2024, 12:46 AM

Author Topic: reminiscing-  (Read 6939 times)

Offline cOke

Re: reminiscing-
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2011, 03:20 PM »
years ago on w2 it was roper-y who was also wh@@ler and eventually became infamous as ransom i believe for w2forum although i'd stopped playing by then

large up to the man where ever he is these days as he took time to show me how to rope properly when i was absolutely shit

played the odd roper with mildew and co and was amazed at how good they were as i was pretty awful then and lost a huge amount of games on cases over the years
HNN4EVA

Offline m0nk

« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2012, 08:39 PM »
The question is why was monk still playing wwp when it was dying?

oi, she still lives on!

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2012, 09:24 PM »
Nice thread and nice seeing so many names pop up. Even tho they are all mainly ropers i remember clanning against plenty of them and also being good mates with some of those ropers mentioned.

ToP was funny and i allaised as Doughboy and did some of the bngs, t17s and elite/pros for them..Fabrassoue and Hippy were keen to recuit me back then. vP was fun and i knew anubis was highlander and it was when he was dominating bng as mentioned. vP went on to become a very strong wwp clan and me and anubis had the likes of deano, almog and jigsaw in our team. Then anubis left to make a clan with spalding and shark and they became our rivals but me, jigsaw and almog became a very solid team and would like to think i helped jigsaw get into default schemes, when we first meet him and konrad (his polish friend) were just br and bng guys. vP also had a guy named penzo aka ispec aka evo and i helped him became a solid bnger.. Mablak remembers penzo being a pro when he first started on wwp. ha.

Like komodo said, some players have helped alot of other players over the years and i've had countless friends in wa and in wwp. I've played funners and clanners with them and would like to think i've helped developed their defaulting and bng skills.
Over the past 5-7 years i wouldn't say ive had any 'students' as such but alot of strong ropers have joined CKC and became solid allrounders as they were involved in more default/bng.

As for me, my teachers were HoS at the start of my career, MaxDamage, Link and IBB were all roping and i'd warm with them, but their roping was for league style and clans like HoS and TEA dominated the leagues because they could also bng and elite. I pick up bng pretty quickly and remember beating HoS, TEA and EiF in clanners against well established players like Liberty, menacedog, gangsta, Custick, Hitman, ImTheChampion, Hammy, Hermit,.. I also had good friends with BnGKs and psydome, rexnotce, Reddo. Was also some great bngers like sk8n who i first saw floor banking shots come from and exploding on inpact even before lg was in the scheme. Then dweeb would rock with his clan SACKEM.

As for elite i have Griffix to thanks, he dominated elite back in the ranks and had a red flaming bar and was one of the few to rival MPH in the scheme. Then their was the stage where I knocked MPH out of the wl awards tourney where i felt i was becoming a pretty solid default player. I sadly lost that tourney in the final to volcom.. the pro schemed decider was played on a 2 level cavern map haha.

But some great eliters over the years who helped me develop and would be Griffix, Crazyworm, MaxDamage, IBB, sharky (narka), Liberty, phanty, and Mil2 more recently. This all predate probably the last 7 years. Now a days the level of elite is way higher and has alot more stronger players... , Im not as feared as i once was  :o Although put cavern maps, cr8s, different styled open maps instead of always 2 islands and aload more varried selected team weapons and you'd see a different style of elite to today..

Offline Crazy

« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2012, 10:26 PM »
Although put cavern maps, cr8s, different styled open maps instead of always 2 islands and aload more varried selected team weapons and you'd see a different style of elite to today..

Word!