Forums
May 02, 2024, 03:31 AM

Author Topic: reminiscing-  (Read 6940 times)

Offline avirex

reminiscing-
« on: July 29, 2011, 02:13 AM »
who taught you to rope? and who have you taught?

Offline TheKomodo

Re: reminiscing-
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 02:21 AM »
Nice topic mate :)

I really can't remember who 1st showed me roping, but I guess I learned with HoS players, Nimmer, BigC, LeaderMagiKarp(ropa) and I think the name was eliteboyz(TheSheriFF). Man, I was like, 12 then lol... f@#!ing 25 now rofl... I've played WA more than half my life now...

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 02:25 AM »
I don't remember when I couldn't rope. Too many concussions I guess.

I only spent a lot of time teaching everything I knew to one guy. He turned into a total ass after awhile and I never took the time to try to teach anyone again. Forget his name.

Interesting topic indeed.

Who taught you Avi?
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 02:29 AM »

I really can't remember who 1st showed me roping, but I guess I learned with HoS players, Nimmer, BigC, LeaderMagiKarp(ropa) and I think the name was eliteboyz(TheSheriFF). Man, I was like, 12 then lol... f@#!ing 25 now rofl... I've played WA more than half my life now...

TheSheriff would be an awesome guy to learn from. You're pretty lucky if you got taught to rope by him. He had nice ropes b4 nice ropes existed.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 02:32 AM »

TheSheriff would be an awesome guy to learn from. You're pretty lucky if you got taught to rope by him. He had nice ropes b4 nice ropes existed.

Yeah we both learned together xD He taught me scrolling though xD

Offline avirex

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 02:34 AM »
i was taught by aero-roper, im sure u remember him dub... and i taught mez-mer-eyez then he turned out better then me hahaha, u prolly remember him too...

and yeah, sheriff was awesome, me and him used to always be in clans together... me, thesheriff, thekow, madjeff, bunny...... mmmhmmmm we were awesome team :D

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 02:48 AM »

Yeah we both learned together xD He taught me scrolling though xD

I thought he was a w2'r?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 02:49 AM by Dub-c »

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 03:20 AM »
i was taught by aero-roper, im sure u remember him dub... and i taught mez-mer-eyez then he turned out better then me hahaha, u prolly remember him too...

and yeah, sheriff was awesome, me and him used to always be in clans together... me, thesheriff, thekow, madjeff, bunny...... mmmhmmmm we were awesome team :D

Yea I remember them both. Mez did own you! lol. Kungfudan also told me he taught him how to rope.

Offline Guaton

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011, 03:49 AM »
the guy who showed me this game taught me to rope , the basic stuff , he wasnt known since he never played leagues or competitive stuff , just fun ...

after that , Mry ( aka mystery , Jimmy , Jaime) taught me to rope with finger roll , and twyrfher helped me to refine the roping (to win)

i havent taught to no1 ,  at least i dont remember being a rope teacher...
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 03:51 AM by Guaton »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2011, 04:16 AM »
Tbh I think players like me, ropa, dub-c, avirex, chicken etc the people all playing 10-15 years, have literally gave bits of advice and help and corrections to probably hundreds and hundreds of players over the years.

Offline franz

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2011, 05:53 AM »
just roping around, but no real formal teaching, I learned from playing with a few people like alienelite, earthwormjim, even goaty (strange guy)
then there were the popular ropers that I tried to play with to get better like marco, thesheriff, jmoberg, illazz, pointblank, tenchi, even komo ;p

we all just sort of learned from each other, watching everyone's styles

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2011, 05:57 AM »
Yeah everyone you mentioned, are some of the people I used to play with the most, including you in Warmers :)

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2011, 12:51 PM »
I think you teach yourself to rope, you cant teach muscle memory.

Moose was the first "good" roper I remember playing with, he gave me some warm words and advice xd
worm and learn

Offline darKz

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2011, 01:37 PM »
I think I learned the basics of roping myself by playing Shoppers with Master of Disaster.. There's two guys who had an impact on my roping though, one was aenimic who taught me how to twitch and the other was MavericK (PL) who taught me how to fingerroll.. Of course those are only tapping methods but they still make a difference in the overall style. ;)

And seriously I can't remember the guys who I taught some basics about roping.. Most were random guys, then some of my real life mates.. And so on. :D
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline avirex

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2011, 01:53 PM »
pointblank has recently been back, and playing...  illazz was cool dude!!   and.... did u knnow that jmoberg was very young?  or atleast thats what i heard? :D

but ok, guaton and franz, you guys have to go out and teach atleast 1 newb, and report back to this thread.. k? haheha

guaton, yes, if you teach yourself something, we will count that as teaching a newb, good luck