Forums
May 02, 2024, 09:57 AM

Author Topic: reminiscing-  (Read 6941 times)

Offline nino

Re: reminiscing-
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2011, 03:15 PM »
iam looking for a teacher till today lol, someone up to? hauhauha
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Maciej

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2011, 03:30 PM »
hmmmm, don't really remember... when I was completly noob there was some friendly guy from Poland, who explained me how the rope works and played some shoppers with me on wxw maps :P but don't remember his nick... this was maybe like 3 games only, but I remember it :o
then I remember I used to play rope races often with filon from pb (anybody's remember him?) and some ropers with m0nk when wwp was dying...
well, I have never had the real teacher like the ninja fighters who have their masters :P
I'm still learning in every game played

and who has I been taught? Everyone who joined my host and was going to learn! :) because usually only newbies join my ttrrs :-X but I like them :)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 03:32 PM by Maciej »

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2011, 03:43 PM »
I learned RRing from a german called breach back in the days when evil RR maps were still popular. It's too bad I forgot how to RR :(

and who has I been taught? Everyone who joined my host and was going to learn! :) because usually only newbies join my ttrrs :-X but I like them :)

+1. That's exactly what I did :) And for some reason, I still occasionally get a message about my crappy (former) geocities tutorial.

Offline philie

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2011, 05:32 PM »
learned the basics by myself. but on a husk map, so credit goes to him :)
i taught DENnis. and i gave up on peja, lol

Offline Peja

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2011, 05:37 PM »
still remember the shadow night ;)
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline DENnis

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2011, 06:10 PM »
learned the basics by myself. but on a husk map, so credit goes to him :)
i taught DENnis. and i gave up on peja, lol

:D :D :D

Yeah remember when you explained the shopperrules to me ;D Thank you again!

nino, how much would you pay for some lessons? XD

Offline nino

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2011, 06:16 PM »

nino, how much would you pay for some lessons? XD

dunno dennis, give the contact of the teacher and i can agree this with him directly. xD

dont tell it is u huahauha u would have to pay the king to be his professor XDDDDDD
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2011, 10:12 PM »
I think I learned how to rope by watching MDK, Kiyari, and Qstorm.  Quite honestly I don't think there is anything to learn besides learning the momentum and rope angles, which you learn in a few days.  As far as roping style goes, I started picking up good shit from jmo, volrin, marco.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2011, 02:14 AM »
Volrin. 'nuff said.

I did learn a lot from MDK, TheSheriff, and Shady as well. Volrin was by far the most influential, and best.

Offline Devilage

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2011, 06:59 AM »
My cousin NvM from cfc taught me how to rope on shopper hehe whoever i taught in years just random :D

Smoking proud.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2011, 07:04 AM »
FredaloT taught me RR

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2011, 07:14 AM »
I learned by myself I guess?
But I suppose when I most improved was the time WWP was active and the years after it died, the aliasing and the warming with Anubis really had me on my roping toes.
shady, komo, jmo, the ToP guys, I guess the cotunless warming hours with them have made me the incredible super roper I am today
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 07:18 AM by ropa »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline avirex

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2011, 03:30 PM »
i was in ToP as an alias... when i switched from w2 to w:a i was mainly in clans with TheKrow, MadJeff, TheSheriff, and Tyrant (bunny)

but i told ToP i was a guy from w2 name Mercedes and i joined! was pretty fun, being my clan with those guys and ToP were the 2 best clans atm

i miss the alias days... i was actually going to suggest to MI making an alias clan league..

aliases can make names and clans in order to compete, not post at forums...

it would just increase the chances of finding 2v2 competetive games (my favorite) and kinda add spice to the game.. not rly knowing who your playing...

have not really thought out the details... but i think it would be fun... make alias clans of groups of 4 people... prolly ppl that are not in ur normal clan so u can get to know others and hf...

alias clans can only  compete against alias clans, and reg clans vs reg clans.

now even sre if its a good idea, but i think it sounds fun.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2011, 04:43 PM »
i was in ToP as an alias... when i switched from w2 to w:a i was mainly in clans with TheKrow, MadJeff, TheSheriff, and Tyrant (bunny)

but i told ToP i was a guy from w2 name Mercedes and i joined! was pretty fun, being my clan with those guys and ToP were the 2 best clans atm

i miss the alias days... i was actually going to suggest to MI making an alias clan league..

aliases can make names and clans in order to compete, not post at forums...

it would just increase the chances of finding 2v2 competetive games (my favorite) and kinda add spice to the game.. not rly knowing who your playing...

have not really thought out the details... but i think it would be fun... make alias clans of groups of 4 people... prolly ppl that are not in ur normal clan so u can get to know others and hf...

alias clans can only  compete against alias clans, and reg clans vs reg clans.

now even sre if its a good idea, but i think it sounds fun.

aliases make you try dude, it's like you gotta make a name for yourself again and you start roping to the best of your ability
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline avirex

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2011, 11:41 PM »
yep, i agree... so what do u think of a 2v2 alias clan league?? no1 thinks its a fun idea? :X