Forums
April 27, 2024, 12:19 AM

Author Topic: StepS' new weapons v4, the TUS thread  (Read 4469 times)

Offline StepS

StepS' new weapons v4, the TUS thread
« on: September 11, 2011, 05:23 PM »

Hello, this is my presentation of some new weaps I made   :-[

Video presentation by DumbBongChow (Warning: contains special effects by DumbBongChow)

So, here they are:

• Homing Cluster Bomb - like in Worms 2, a cluster bomb with clusters that can fly to the selected location.
  • Gas Canister - a canister containing some gas, like a dynamite it explodes after 5 seconds. Produces some toxic gas, which is affected by wind.
  • Wormy Army - a herded army of worms, up to 5 as usually. They walk and jump almost like the real worms do, and after pressing spacebar they explode and produce some toxic gas. Vulnerable to sheep glitch (herd must be 1).
  • Homing Air Strike - like in Worms 2, it's a combo of Air Strike and Homing Missile. After selecting the target, all missiles fly to that location.
  • Cloned Sheep - like in Worms 2, it represents a usual sheep, except these sheeps have different sprite and come in herds. Vulnerable to sheep glitch (herd must be 1).
  • StepS' Bible Strike - a special weapon; the sprite for it I took from the unused bible.spr in Gfx.dir :D It's similar to Carpet Bomb, except the book amount is 6, they are bouncier, produce a bit more damage and the drop+bounce sound remind you of a holy grenade.
  • Ents Launcher - a funny bouncy weapon, representing a tale being, used commonly in the talk by some PX team guys. They will understand what it means. :D
  • RubberWorm Launcher - launches a rubber worm. Once it stops bouncing, it explodes into 5 rubber worms, which explode after 2 seconds.
  • Burning Sheep Launcher - launches a burning sheep, the one from French Sheep Strike. Performs 2 bounces and fire, as usually.

-----v3 Update-----
  • Terrain Exploder (NEW!) - explodes the terrain vertically where selected. Pressing spacebar/enter will make it go horizontally. Stops on contact with a worm. Not for a cavern. Not for an indy terrain.
  • Object Pusher (NEW!) - once fired, it can blow the worms/mines/graves/weapons and other objects in the air at the high height. Works only in the top. Not for a cavern.
  • Golden Grenade (NEW!) - an extended Cluster Bomb with more power. Idea goes to Zippy, the sprites were the hardest work for me.
  • Instant Mine (NEW!) - an instant mine. It acts as usual one, except it explodes instantly on contact (not earlier than 4 seconds after throwing).
  • Ghost Sheep (NEW!) - an extended Aqua Sheep, it can also go through textures and objects, explodes on contact with a worm. Can swim, can also be launched from/on the water without having to fly first.
  • Terrain Digger (NEW!) - digs the terrain until it loses its power (air gap). Not for a cavern. Not for an indy terrain.
  • Super Terrain Digger (NEW!) - a Terrain Digger with a bigger quantity of drills and an improved surviving. Not for a cavern. Not for an indy terrain.
  • Hole Punch (NEW!) - makes holes in the terrain vertically. Works in cavern. Not for an indy terrain.
  • Super Hole Punch (NEW!) - a Hole Maker with an increased hole making rate and a possibility to choose the angle. Works in cavern. Not for an indy terrain.
  • Doncrete Conkey (NEW!)
  • Acid Rain (NEW!) - acid rain from the heaven.
  • Cake Drop (NEW!) - a cake from WWP.
  • Reversed Parachute (NEW!) - it is a normal parachute, except it flies to the opposite side. Useful to switch between usual one and a reversed one when flying.
  • Damage x2 (NEW!) - as a real weapon - a Damage x2, which can be used as a real weapon, and it isn't instant.

-----v3.5 Update-----
  • Trollface Launcher (NEW!) - launches a troll face, that flies around very randomly and produces a laugh when bouncing from a wall/roof/floor.
  • Poor Worm (NEW!) - throw a worm which will explode after the set delay like the usual one does.
  • Crate Spy (NEW!) - as a real weapon - a crate spy that can be activated or deactivated manually.
  • Fixed some weapon names.
  • Gas Canister in v3.5 updated to FINAL revision (fully restored original WA canister weapon). It is also possible to set "Gas canisters" collision flags too!  :D

-----v3.8 Update-----
  • Sprite fixes - now Ghost Sheep has semi-transparent gray pull sprite, pink trail removed but is still accessible as a number 635 now.
  • Super Suicide Bomber - omg DAT WORM IS BIG!   -- normal Suicide Bomber is inaccessible right now.
  • Farting Sheep - a Super Sheep that farts while flying. Fly is activated by double space (1 - fart, 2 - fly) to prevent instant poisoning, cannot swim. Vulnerable to Sheep Glitch.
  • Holy Grenade Strike - a strike of Holy Grenades. The best interpretation, the real holy grenade behavior.
  • Worm Strike - a remake of a "default" but not introduced W:A weapon, now available here (was present in 0.6.5 schemes also).
  • "Super" Teleport - just doesn't end turn (if the multishot option isn't enabled). Added for the sake of suggester in the left said link. Also useful not change weapon tables to teleport.
  • Diggers improved - moving drill + sound.
  • Some other weapon fixes.
-----v4.0 Update-----

• Wings (NEW!) - an innovate and universal travelling tool, with wings you can fly to any side with any speed. Also useful for racing (scheme included). Included as a separate library. Special thanks to Zed for helping me out with the problems occured.
  • Reversed Bungee (NEW!) - a bungee that goes up to the sky! Crazy!
  • ExTurnSide script (NEW!) - allows you to turn around on rope/bungee/firing/blowtorching/jumping and many many more using special keys (rope/bungee - Z/X, others - Left/Right). Parachute isn't turnable for the sake of Wings and Hang-Glider, which were made from the parachute (this could be done to avoid them, but it's useless).
  • Some little fixes.
PS: теперь и по-русски!  :D

DOWNLOAD (1.47 MiB)

Official Project X forum thread
Wiki
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 10:15 PM by StepS »
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline TheWalrus

Re: StepS' weapons #1 release
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 05:36 PM »
sounds cool steps.  i think specifically, the gas canister has great potential in a strategic scheme.  Looking forward to checking these out!

Offline StepS

Re: StepS' weapons #1 release
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 05:36 PM »
sounds cool steps.  i think specifically, the gas canister has great potential in a strategic scheme.  Looking forward to checking these out!
well it has problems somewhere, so use carefully at the moment
Fixed
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 01:41 PM by StepS »
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline StepS

Re: StepS' PX weapons release [UPDATE! v2]
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 01:22 PM »
A new update! :D
  • Gas Canister fixed.
  • Ents Launcher fixed.
  • Wormy Army fixed.
  • Cloned Sheep fixed.
  • RubberWorm launcher added (NEW!).
  • Burning Sheep Launcher added (NEW!).
  • Now you can adjust any of the weapons to any other schemes (due to a bugfix in latest PX).
Don't forget to update your PX first!!!
PS: coming soon: Tomahawk. I also need more ideas for weapons :(
[...]

Offline K4Tsis

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 01:53 PM »

ρχ fσя кι∂ѕ

Offline StepS

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 09:49 AM »
ρχ fσя кι∂ѕ
Then how would I make my weapons without it? You're strange :o
[...]

Offline Korydex

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 10:13 AM »
Cool! :)

Offline StepS

Re: StepS' new weapons release [v3 UPDATE!]
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2011, 05:24 PM »
Update v3.
  • Terrain Exploder (NEW!) - explodes the terrain vertically where selected. Pressing spacebar/enter will make it go horizontally. Stops on contact with a worm. Not for a cavern. Not for an indy terrain.
  • Object Pusher (NEW!) - once fired, it can blow the worms/mines/graves/weapons and other objects in the air at the high height. Works only in the top. Not for a cavern.
  • Golden Grenade (NEW!) - an extended Cluster Bomb with more power. Idea goes to Zippy, the sprites were the hardest work for me.
  • Instant Mine (NEW!) - an instant mine. It acts as usual one, except it explodes instantly on contact (not earlier than 4 seconds after throwing).
  • Ghost Sheep (NEW!) - an extended Aqua Sheep, it can also go through textures and objects, explodes on contact with a worm. Can swim, can also be launched from/on the water without having to fly first.
  • Terrain Digger (NEW!) - digs the terrain until it loses its power (air gap). Not for a cavern. Not for an indy terrain.
  • Super Terrain Digger (NEW!) - a Terrain Digger with a bigger quantity of drills and an improved surviving. Not for a cavern. Not for an indy terrain.
  • Hole Maker (NEW!) - makes holes in the terrain vertically. Works in cavern. Not for an indy terrain.
  • Super Hole Maker (NEW!) - a Hole Maker with an increased hole making rate and a possibility to choose the angle. Works in cavern. Not for an indy terrain.
  • Doncrete Conkey (NEW!)
  • Acid Rain (NEW!) - acid rain from the heaven.
  • Pie Bomb (NEW!) - a pie from WWP.
  • Reversed Parachute (NEW!) - it is a normal parachute, except it flies to the opposite side. Useful to switch between usual one and a reversed one when flying.
  • Damage x2 (NEW!) - as a real weapon - a Damage x2, which can be used as a real weapon, and it isn't instant.
  • Some small fixes
PS: hole makers can have problems with TestStuff and a very open terrain. [there is also a hidden weapon]
PPS: теперь и по-русски!  :D
[...]

Offline StepS

Re: StepS' new weapons release [! v3.5 UPDATE!]
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2011, 07:34 PM »
-----v3.5 Update-----

• Trollface Launcher (NEW!) - launches a troll face, that flies around very randomly and produces a laugh when bouncing from a wall/roof/floor.
  • Poor Worm (NEW!) - throw a worm which will explode after the set delay like the usual one does.
  • Crate Spy (NEW!) - as a real weapon - a crate spy that can be activated or deactivated manually.
  • Fixed some weapon names.
  • Gas Canister in v3.5 updated to FINAL revision (fully restored original WA canister weapon). It is also possible to set "Gas canisters" collision flags too!  :D Use only this newest version!
[...]

Offline philie

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2011, 07:52 PM »
Doncrete Conkey, lol

Offline StepS

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2011, 06:49 PM »
Doncrete Conkey, lol
Yes, credit goes to Pac-Man ;D
[...]

Offline CJ

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2011, 12:39 PM »
how do i get this? do i need a specific pc type, project x or what ????????
My hometown rugby team Warrington Wolves won the 2009 Carnegie Challenge Cup At Wembley and successfully defended the trophy by beating Leeds Rhinos 30-6 at Wembley on 28/08/10 and got the trophy back beating Leeds Rhinos 35-18 on 25/08/12... 3rd time in 4 years

Offline StepS

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2011, 01:29 PM »
how do i get this? do i need a specific pc type, project x or what ????????
Yes, you need the latest Project X.
After installing and updating it, unpack my archive into Worms Armageddon folder and confirm to the warning about 'folder merge'. Then just choose stepsweaps.pxs in the lobby
[...]

Offline StepS

UPDATE!
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2011, 08:07 PM »
    -----v3.8 Update-----
  • Sprite fixes - now Ghost Sheep has semi-transparent gray pull sprite, pink trail removed but is still accessible as a number 635 now.
  • Super Suicide Bomber - omg DAT WORM IS BIG!   -- normal Suicide Bomber is inaccessible right now.
  • Farting Sheep - a Super Sheep that farts while flying. Fly is activated by double space (1 - fart, 2 - fly) to prevent instant poisoning, cannot swim. Vulnerable to Sheep Glitch.
  • Holy Grenade Strike - a strike of Holy Grenades. The best interpretation, the real holy grenade behavior.
  • Worm Strike - a remake of a "default" but not introduced W:A weapon, now available here (was present in 0.6.5 schemes also).
  • "Super" Teleport - just doesn't end turn (if the multishot option isn't enabled). Added for the sake of suggester in the left said link. Also useful not change weapon tables to teleport.
  • Diggers improved - moving drill + sound.
  • Some other weapon fixes.
[...]

Offline DumbBongChow

Re: StepS' new weapons release [!! UPDATE v3.8!]
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2011, 06:37 AM »
Awesome weapon pack getting even better after every update. Dang you sure put lot of effort into this project, and it really pays off.
8)

I like making myself Feel(S) Good Man!

Our Community: (Our newest, updated schemes are at this site!)
http://wosc.tk/

DBC's Legendary Profile:
http://worms2d.info/User:DumbBongChow
http://worms2d.info/User_talk:DumbBongChow