Forums
May 02, 2024, 06:08 AM

Author Topic: Style Contest Y'all  (Read 2267 times)

Offline Anubis

Re: Style Contest Y'all
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2011, 03:28 AM »
Who won, and replays plz. :)

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2011, 05:40 AM »
Dulek won with the very final turn of the tournament, was pretty gewd. We'll have it up on the worm olympics page tomorrow.

Offline barman

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2011, 09:42 AM »
Whining about worms related issues is not my favourite activity, but it's the second time I see the style tournament being moderated in a severely incompetent way.

Here's what the tournament description says about advancing the players:
top 50% of all players advancing to the next round (or more in case of several players tied at the cutoff score, but never less)
This rule seems to have not been applied after the third round, when only four out of nine players (44%) got promoted. I was fifth, lacking 0.13 of a point to the cutoff score.

This reminds me about the March 2007 tourney, when I was kicked from the final round due to connection problems and my well-deserved medal was taken back.

gg D:
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 09:44 AM by barman »
My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
My photography work

Quote from: Statik
barman's fails are best

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2011, 10:41 AM »
Yeah bar, unfortunately the finals are the exception to that, because if we had more than 4 people it would take an extra round to judge. It's happened in all the previous tourneys so I thought people would be aware of that, but we should mention it, our bad.

But hardly any other tourney takes so much effort to host, making quality maps, practicing judging, and having to spend 4-5 hours hosting and judging without much breather time. We wrongly got your hopes up, but we shouldn't be labeled incompetent.

Offline Ray

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2011, 12:47 PM »
Well, according to the rules, you should have had a semi-final with 5 players and then the final with 3 (or 4 in case 3rd and 4th tied). That's just math, but I'm not judging here. ???

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2011, 04:37 PM »
It's a decision that's made on the spot and there's several factors that need to be taken into account. The first of them being the number of judges present, which determines how many players we can, at most, have in the final. Then whether we do or don't host an extra round before the final comes down to the distribution of the scores and how much patience we think the players left in the contest still have. Because of the unfortunate mishap with my power outage (sorry about that) during the semis as well as the slower but more accurate way in which we decided to do them, I have to say the decision to hurry things up sounds like the correct one to me, even though I wasn't there to make it. Lastly, doing an extra round means we need to have one more map ready beforehand; on this occasion we didn't and we're a bit too picky to want to reuse them.

Not an excuse, just an explanation.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2011, 06:41 PM »
Is there a style for no nonsence roping? I feel that it could be argued that i represent this but IBB was the best at it!  ;D

Ooh. I was too late. Darn  ::) I once thought i had invited a trick on gundan when warming with HoS guys, it turned out that my outlaw to land into the dip on the left hand side island and then outlaw out or something had already been done before. I think i just made a mexi/dragon that was too short and no one had the heart to tell me hehe
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 06:49 PM by Chicken23 »

Offline HHC

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2011, 06:47 PM »
Is there a style for no nonsence roping? I feel that it could be argued that i represent this but IBB was the best at it!  ;D

:o IBB could also do nice tricks  :)

But yeah, there was nothing redundant in his roping. It was awesome just seeing him rope across the map though, he made it look real smooth (rather than my KB-hammering  :-[)

Offline AlTarf

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2011, 09:52 PM »
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 03:55 PM by AlTarf »

Offline Crazy

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2011, 11:59 PM »
Since you`re such a nice and good looking guy Altarf, I`ll upload the replays as my christmas present for you. First replay is the final, second is the replay where the results are given. The third, fourth and fifth replays are the ones worth to watch though; they show the level warmers once used to have with the display from Mab, OutofOrder, KRD and Dulek.

Offline AlTarf

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2011, 03:14 AM »
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 06:39 PM by AlTarf »