Forums
April 29, 2024, 07:34 PM

Author Topic: The daina Vs Zalo $40 challenge!  (Read 9129 times)

Offline Godmax

Re: The daina Vs Zalo $40 challenge!
« Reply #105 on: July 23, 2018, 03:25 PM »
Big text. Can someone write a summary?

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #106 on: July 23, 2018, 03:50 PM »
It's hilarious, because I assume each and every one of you went to school, so were forced to read big long boring boooks on sh*t you hardly cared about...

This is a game, a game you supposedly love, and everytime someone writes a long passage talking about the game, you all act like a bunch of dumbasses with no passion...

Or maybe you are just lazy lol.

Maybe that's a reason why this community sucks? None of you wanna put in any real effort, hate anybody who talks a lot, man I ever saw people saying they can't be bothered reading KRDs posts... That guy posts the most fascinating and well presented posts I ever saw online in my life...

I go to other gaming communities, with people that actually CARE about the game/community, they make me look like all of you in terms of post size...

Offline MrTPenguin

« Reply #107 on: July 23, 2018, 04:26 PM »
BnG is far too boring
From you, its top guy! :o

Quote from: TheKomodo
Intermediate takes too long and people who don't like it don't wanna be doing Bo3.
So we should have the patience to talk about worms at great length, but not the patience to play it at length?  :)

Offline Sensei

« Reply #108 on: July 23, 2018, 04:38 PM »
Ppl don't like long posts cause it's always same guys writting them and it's mostly just recycling few sentences. If I search for word "passion", probably will get 100 of your forum posts in last 2 months. It get's boring.

Online Sbaffo

« Reply #109 on: July 23, 2018, 04:51 PM »
It's hilarious, because I assume each and every one of you went to school, so were forced to read big long boring boooks on sh*t you hardly cared about...

This is a game, a game you supposedly love, and everytime someone writes a long passage talking about the game, you all act like a bunch of dumbasses with no passion...

Or maybe you are just lazy lol.

Maybe that's a reason why this community sucks? None of you wanna put in any real effort, hate anybody who talks a lot, man I ever saw people saying they can't be bothered reading KRDs posts... That guy posts the most fascinating and well presented posts I ever saw online in my life...

I go to other gaming communities, with people that actually CARE about the game/community, they make me look like all of you in terms of post size...

What did you expect from godmax!? The new internet generation are a bunch of people with low self-esteem who need to compensate their lack of confidence through some made-up phrases totally out of topic to look thug and cool. Hey godmax, this ain't a football thread, go talk about rape with ur stupid friends

About your idea komo, anything would be fine to me but i don't know what could make the league active again... You see, none really is really forcing anyone to do anything because WA works this way: you get in #ag and play whatever you want, then at a certain point you discover a league where you play to win and... that's all. Making other sub leagues won't change anything IMO... just look how many times MI changed the league, did it increase the activity? It does, just for a few days tho... Neither i think it's tus fault (aside from some exploited rules in the past who allowed douchebags to be lame)

@Sensei i'd rather see komo posting walls of text rather than useless average Internet posts

Offline Godmax

« Reply #110 on: July 23, 2018, 05:04 PM »
Or how about no posts in this thread anymore cause it should be closed cause the match has been cancelled and its between Zalo and Daina how about THAT?

Offline Sensei

« Reply #111 on: July 23, 2018, 05:10 PM »
Ok sbaffo, but.. What any of you expect from a community that voted 16 YES and 26 NO in a poll on a new update release?
In a game 20 yr old, ppl are not even excited to see a brand new update that can only bring positive changes.

But supposedly, writing walls about new league ideas will make a change!?
Let's rather focus that "passion" and creativity on getting new ppl in ag first and show them variety this game has.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #112 on: July 23, 2018, 06:45 PM »
BnG is far too boring
From you, its top guy! :o

Quote from: TheKomodo
Intermediate takes too long and people who don't like it don't wanna be doing Bo3.
So we should have the patience to talk about worms at great length, but not the patience to play it at length?  :)

Well yeah, I like BnG, some others too, but most see it as boring :D

Well, things like Intermediate still have their own dedicated and successful Leagues/Events, like NNN stuff, so we don't really need it here...

And yeah you have a point there, which I agree with, but again i'm looking at the bigger picture how the collective see things not just the individual people and their obsessions :)

@Sensei - It's not my fault the English language only has a certain amount of words we can use, yes I use the same words, but the context is pretty much always different.

@Sbaffo, we've always tried to improve this game in a way that pushes it forward, and it's never worked... So I was thinking if we went back to just 3 schemes, which are easy enough to learn yet hard enough to become addicted and master, we may have a better chance of people looking to learn 3 schemes, instead of 8...

With 8 schemes, there is always 3-4 that people usually try to avoid, with 3 schemes... Especially if you know it's Big RR/Hysteria/Elite, should only be average of 15-20 minutes per game, much better than Team17 which has possibility to draw and have to rematch, or give away a free win...

To be honest, I think every single scheme should have it's own League, they are all worthy, but we really don't have the playerbase.

I dunno, I just cannot be bothered playing this game to learn and master 8 schemes, it's too much when you got other stuff going on in life...

And honestly, most people do actually really enjoy Big RR / Hysteria and Elite.

And if I were to pick the ones I wanted it would be Big RR / Darts / BnG.

But I want what's best for the whole community, not just me...

I say that btw, but maybe not enough people agree, I just see a lot of people enjoying these 3 schemes competitively the most atm, don't mean on TUS, just that's what I see getting hosted most out of the Classic schemes.

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 23, 2018, 11:26 PM »
Ok sbaffo, but.. What any of you expect from a community that voted 16 YES and 26 NO in a poll on a new update release?
In a game 20 yr old, ppl are not even excited to see a brand new update that can only bring positive changes.

But supposedly, writing walls about new league ideas will make a change!?
Let's rather focus that "passion" and creativity on getting new ppl in ag first and show them variety this game has.
That poll is not an indication of anything. I voted "no" even though I care a great deal about the update because I didn't want to rush them to release it before they deem it ready. Everyone knows what they've done already for 20 years and that they're unpaid volunteers, so it's shitty behaviour to act entitled or pester them. WormNet is 500% only alive because of them.

Now that they're refusing to comment at all, I'd probably change my vote. They don't care for our respect, or we've taken the respect too far and they think nobody cares. I'd rather get one final update that is 90% complete than wait years until the game is dead to get the last 10% or more likely nothing at all.

Better yet make the alpha testing group public. Most of the update has been in the hands of alpha testers for like 5 years already. Post the alpha builds on Worms2d.info with a big warning and then you can make tiny incremental updates without the hassle of going through Team 17's approval process.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #114 on: July 24, 2018, 12:06 AM »
Well.. Even unfinished, update is update. What's there to vote "no" for?
Isn't community's main reason of existence to support game developing and point at bugs/glitches once those updates go live?

After that poll, I don't even mind them not releasing or keeping us informed. First of all, it has been seen by hundreds, but less than 40 ppl voted. Second and more important part - majority of votes are negative.
Sad but laughable situation.

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 24, 2018, 03:44 AM »
Read the thread though Sensei. People voted no because Deadcode said the following:
Quote from: Deadcode
Basically, I feel it would hurt the long-term future of the game to release it at this point, with certain features unfinished. But whether or not I manage to finish these things, you will be getting a release by the end of the year.

After releasing 3.8, I want to go back to a much more frequent release schedule, like it used to be before 3.6.28.0.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #116 on: July 24, 2018, 08:06 AM »
I did read it.. Couple of times. And CyberShadow said following:

*looks at poll results*

Well, it's settled. Update delayed until December 31, 2022. Pack it up, boys! I'm sure all 7 people still playing W:A by then will find the wait worthwhile.

the maintainers are confident W:A will not be hurt by the release

No. The entire idea that an "unfinished" release of a W:A update will "hurt" the game or community and is worth delaying the update indefinitely is Deadcode's and Deadcode's alone. Nobody else (who knows what this is exactly about) shares that opinion.

There is a reason why I practically stopped working on the game itself a long time ago.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #117 on: July 24, 2018, 10:48 AM »
Which features are already done and which are unfinished? I hardly see an influx of players because of a patch/update unless it's totally game changing.

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 24, 2018, 11:08 AM »
WA is currently not working great on Windows 10 I think after the creators update. That is fixed in 3.8. Dunno what the other changes are.

Offline MrTPenguin

« Reply #119 on: July 24, 2018, 11:26 AM »
It would benefit normal-game streams if the game would allow the streamer access to the inventories of the players. There could be a command, e.g. "/show", that a player with a team types in the chatbox together with the name of a spectator, i.e. "/show KhamsTV"  to enable that spectator to see his inventory.