Forums
May 04, 2024, 04:00 AM

Author Topic: Tourney at the Tavern (Macclesfield, UK)  (Read 985 times)

Offline MrTPenguin

Tourney at the Tavern (Macclesfield, UK)
« on: July 25, 2015, 11:48 AM »
Macclesfield is a town in England to the south of Manchester. I found the following worms tournament advertised!

http://www.entropyevents.com/worms/

There's no date, but I'm guessing it's either finished or didn't happen. Does anyone know anything about it? It is - or would be - a great event for wormers in the northwest of England.

PS. Interesting to see that their scheme features unlimited baseball bats.

Offline TheWalrus

Re: Tourney at the Tavern (Macclesfield, UK)
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 12:14 PM »
Likely didn't happen, through no failings of the tournament organizers - that looks awesome.  Sad part is, no one cares much about worms.

I love that they even posted the scheme.

EDIT:  Their twitter account shows it was scheduled for this past march/April, so our best hopes for a worms lan tourney still lies with colon and wormscon.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 12:26 PM by TheWalrus »

Offline MrTPenguin

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 03:07 PM »
Good detective work, Walrus! Sad that they couldn't make up the numbers.

Offline Hurz

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 03:13 PM »
WAIT, DIDN'T WORMS ARMAGEDDON COME OUT IN 1999? WILL IT EVEN WORK WITH MODERN COMPUTERS...?!
Amazingly, it works just fine. Team 17, the games studio who developed it, are still going strong 20 years later - They've had a handful of their developers constantly tinkering with Armageddon over the last decade and a half to keep it up-to-date so it functions perfectly using modern operating systems and higher screen resolutions.

::)

Offline Ryan

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 03:21 PM »
Shame, Macclesfield isn't that far away from me!

Offline MrTPenguin

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 08:23 PM »
Over two hours on the train for me  :)

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2015, 08:40 PM »
WAIT, DIDN'T WORMS ARMAGEDDON COME OUT IN 1999? WILL IT EVEN WORK WITH MODERN COMPUTERS...?!
Amazingly, it works just fine. Team 17, the games studio who developed it, are still going strong 20 years later - They've had a handful of their developers constantly tinkering with Armageddon over the last decade and a half to keep it up-to-date so it functions perfectly using modern operating systems and higher screen resolutions.

::)

ROFL  :D

Offline spleen17

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2015, 09:03 PM »

Crossbow?? ??

Offline MrTPenguin

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2015, 08:37 AM »
Looks like a knock-on effect of mistakes there; Battle Axe became Long Axe, then when he started typing Longbow, he thought, Hang on, there's already a "Long" wep in the list, so it must be something else, thus Crossbow.

(Maybe we'll get a crossbow in Worms Unlimited!)