Forums
April 27, 2024, 10:50 PM

Author Topic: Wheat Snooper supports WormNat2 Hosting now  (Read 6153 times)

Offline K1NG

Re: Wheat Snooper supports WormNat2 Hosting now
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2011, 12:03 AM »
Snooper kicks me Out when i want to join wormnet =/

any solution?

Edit  After some tries my PC lagged as hell and i had to turn off my PC
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 12:20 AM by K1NG »

Offline DENnis

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2011, 10:27 AM »

any solution?

Did u have an much older version installed before? With 2.6 a new savingsystem was programmed and I had to delete the old logs which caused bad faults and lag. Now my Snoopers runs fast and I couldn't find any bug yet. If you can write more details Lookias can help you better (;

In an older version I had the probleme that I had to close the snooper with ctrl+alt+del sometimes (for example after a crash), but he fixed all this problems already..

Offline Ramone

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2011, 11:01 PM »
@ramon: would be good if you tell me your problems, you can write me at wn or here. steps is just a beta tester (unfortunatly he cannot program yet). bugs are not a big thing as long as i know about them, to provide fixes :)

Why would I wanna tell YOU my problems with StepS? Are you his father or something?

But ok, since U've kindly asked, I'll answer.
I've considered StepS as a fellow wormer. I didn't mind his schizophrenic behavior in funners or in kaos league games, I'm flexible to accept anyone's behavior.
But that guy crosses lines. At first he have pissed me off when he have sent me (and the rest of #worms irc channel) a link which f@#!s up your browser, blocks your computer and play U some rick rolled shit.. Some stupid hack. That's the thing that you are not supposed to do to other wormers in #worms channel. Or wherever in wormy community. Dot.
After that, when we have played a league game in kaos league, I've kindly asked him to change the map, and instead of that he have used another f@#!ing hack and lighted a bulb instead/for me (in our decider 5th round!) and started a round. That really SUCKED!

Now I ask U, are we gonna play hacking or worms? f@#! that shit.

So...  as long as anything have to do with StepS, I'll say it sux. There must be something wrong there, I'd rather not use that shit in which he is involved into.

f@#! ppl as StepS are. I've seen it all before.
I wonder that MonkeyIsland supports this shit.

Offline Throsti

• I am just Throsti

• Poland Poland
  • Pn Pn clan

• Paweł Abramowicz.
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook.
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2011, 11:10 PM »

any solution?

>>>I had the same prooblem. Fixed. Remove old version WS froom your computer. This may help you :F

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2011, 12:18 AM »
@ramon: would be good if you tell me your problems, you can write me at wn or here. steps is just a beta tester (unfortunatly he cannot program yet). bugs are not a big thing as long as i know about them, to provide fixes :)

Why would I wanna tell YOU my problems with StepS? Are you his father or something?

But ok, since U've kindly asked, I'll answer.
I've considered StepS as a fellow wormer. I didn't mind his schizophrenic behavior in funners or in kaos league games, I'm flexible to accept anyone's behavior.
But that guy crosses lines. At first he have pissed me off when he have sent me (and the rest of #worms irc channel) a link which f@#!s up your browser, blocks your computer and play U some rick rolled shit.. Some stupid hack. That's the thing that you are not supposed to do to other wormers in #worms channel. Or wherever in wormy community. Dot.
After that, when we have played a league game in kaos league, I've kindly asked him to change the map, and instead of that he have used another f@#!ing hack and lighted a bulb instead/for me (in our decider 5th round!) and started a round. That really SUCKED!

Agreed.
[19:10] <+coste`> I want darkxlord to be my father, and father of my childrens.

[14:58:24] <StepS> how do i type "?" from my keyboard?
[14:59:05] <StepS> there should be some combination, not only Alt+####

Offline rod``lookias

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2011, 07:55 AM »
steps plays the role of a beta tester, im the only one who has his hands on wheats code. i make the releases (exe files) and i wouldnt waste my tool by adding stupid stuff into it.

so never download it anywhere else than here:
http://lookias.worms2d.info/download.php
and you are save

Offline StepS

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2011, 12:04 PM »
At first he have pissed me off when he have sent me (and the rest of #worms irc channel) a link which f@#!s up your browser, blocks your computer and play U some rick rolled shit..
Man, that's just a joke like one which happens wih everyone. Believe me, I also was rick-rolled :D
That's the thing that you are not supposed to do to other wormers in #worms channel. Or wherever in wormy community. Dot.
Quite the opposite - sometimes I see rick-rolling links, even from CyberShadow. Remember, this is just a joke.
Lol, which hack? Are you kidding me? When would I do this?
Btw, it was you who mape off-topic here. Any kind of good sense?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 12:09 PM by StepS »
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Csongi

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2011, 12:31 PM »
I installed it...It starts,all i can see is what others write for 10 seconds,then it disconnects me :(

Could that be 'cuz i have 2.6 installed ?
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work." - Robert Orben

[avirex`mm] ill rape ur mother
[avirex`mm] twice in the same night
[avirex`mm] and she will ask for a third
[avirex`mm] cuz she's a whore

kins> Don't let girls ruins ur tus games :)

Offline rod``lookias

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2011, 02:13 PM »
I installed it...It starts,all i can see is what others write for 10 seconds,then it disconnects me :(

Could that be 'cuz i have 2.6 installed ?

yes maybe, try something. install it somewhere else and when asked to import old settings click no.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2011, 02:57 PM »
I'm not a professional but how could that be possible unless Cybershadow didn't make either Worms or Wormkit not safe towards hacks like that?  :o Not calling you a liar but that sounds pretty weird.

Offline Ramone

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2011, 10:14 PM »
...which hack? Are you kidding me? When would I do this?

Cmon now StepS, say to Mr. chakk here what have you done. Don't be ashamed, you know which hack, to light a bulb instead of the other player...
He might believe you, since he don't believe me and my pretty weird shitz.

Or lets just blame CyberShadow instead?!!

Let me hear you, I'm all ear.

Offline rod``lookias

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2011, 04:52 AM »
this is pretty offtopic and it really has nothing to do with wheat....  :-X :-X :-X

Offline seBa

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2011, 07:11 AM »
offtopic: Lookias I tried to install w:a on ubuntu , but when I tried to mount the .iso that doesn't work :( , nothing appers in the folder
             I hope you can help me !  thanks.

Offline Csongi

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2011, 09:31 AM »
I also saw that stuff with the lights from 2 different players (won't specify any names)  :D
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work." - Robert Orben

[avirex`mm] ill rape ur mother
[avirex`mm] twice in the same night
[avirex`mm] and she will ask for a third
[avirex`mm] cuz she's a whore

kins> Don't let girls ruins ur tus games :)

Offline CyberShadow

• W:A maintainer

• Moldova Moldova
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2011, 06:39 PM »
I'm not a professional but how could that be possible unless Cybershadow didn't make either Worms or Wormkit not safe towards hacks like that?  :o Not calling you a liar but that sounds pretty weird.

I've posted about this here on the Team17 forums, but I feel I should clarify this.

1. There is little to prevent me or Deadcode from adding a virus which destroys your computer* in W:A Beta updates. (Team17 do a cursory check before publishing them online.)
2. These is nothing to prevent me from adding a virus in the WormKit EXE/DLLs which destroys your computer.
3. There is nothing to prevent Pisto from adding a virus which destroys your computer in RubberWorm.
4. There is nothing to prevent Lookias from adding a virus which destroys your computer in the Wheat Snooper EXE.
5. There is nothing to prevent Kawoosh from adding a virus which destroys your computer in his RubberWorm/KawooshKick/etc. modules.
6. There is nothing to prevent StepS from adding a virus which destroys your computer in his RubberWorm installer.
7. Ultimately, there is nothing to prevent ANYONE from adding a virus which destroys your computer into any software that they wrote and you downloaded. On-line or downloadable virus checkers do not guarantee that any file is "safe".

If you download someone's code from the Internet, you pretty much entrust all the files from your computer to them.  That it can modify any aspect of W:A's programming goes without saying. If you're playing this game, you probably trust me and Deadcode not to do something like that, but I can't speak for anyone else. If you don't trust someone, don't run their software.

* Figuratively, of course, but you get the point. Even without admin privileges, a trojan can still steal all your personal files and passwords, and make the computer unusable without technical intervention.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 06:43 PM by CyberShadow »