Forums
May 11, 2024, 06:21 AM

Author Topic: Which schemes requires most skills to handle?  (Read 17360 times)

Offline nino

Re: Which schemes requires most skills to handle?
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2011, 06:08 PM »
Iam with ropa, avi, ryan and fidel ( just at cubas case )
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2011, 06:30 PM »
You sure, ropa? I mean, he mentioned "god" in there, pretty sure that's not communism ;D

If you're going to compare the godlike roping in TTRR, surely, you should compare it to godlike BnG, where a player bounces his grenade off 6 random pixels and have it impact at exactly the right time every turn. I've you're going to bring the b2b movie into this, I'd upload a replay where Wyv performed some impossible warming, but unfortunately, I don't seem to have the replay :(

I know I never got close to either of these :)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2011, 06:58 AM »
Which scheme is harder to a person is the same as what defines a god for one person. They can come up with their own view and definition on their own god and what it's about and that is what's real to them. If we're talking to/about people who fullheartedly believe in this god (or scheme in this case) then that is how they see it and noone but themselves can change that.
IMO, no scheme requires more skill; they only require different skill at a particular point in a particular game. No game is exactly the same, making the skill level completely different every time a game is played which makes worms so interesting (albeit simple) to me.

;O

Rope racing requires fast reflexes, consistent and controlled finger movements plus a great deal of composure and mental control.

BnG does not depend on fast reflexes nor does it require consistent and controlled finger movements.  Somebody who is physically handicapped could still play BnG.  I think BnG requires composure because under pressure an extra millisecond can mean the difference between a hit and a miss.

So how do you compare two vastly different schemes and decide which one takes more skill.

There is no real objective truth to this argument.

My opinion however is that TTRR requires more skill.  When I first saw a pro roper I was literally in awe at how amazing it was.  The journey to be a pro roper has been the biggest test of skill that I've ever come up against in all the games I've ever played in over 25 years of gaming.

BnG.  Yeah.  Whatever.  Great scheme definitately.  But TTRR is on another level of skill.  No one will ever master roping but as humans evolve, perhaps in 10,000+ years, who knows how good humans will be able to rope.  It's scary really.

Absolutely no contest.  TTRR requires more gaming skill than BnG.

In my opinion of course.

If you're going to compare the godlike roping in TTRR, surely, you should compare it to godlike BnG, where a player bounces his grenade off 6 random pixels and have it impact at exactly the right time every turn. I've you're going to bring the b2b movie into this, I'd upload a replay where Wyv performed some impossible warming, but unfortunately, I don't seem to have the replay :(

I know I never got close to either of these :)

And tbh if you compare Mablaks Roping to my BnG, you will find us equal because we are both the leading players by a large margin, compare us both to the program with both schemes with perfect replays, with the fastest time possible for TTRR every map and shots so intense for BnG it'd take me at least 20-30 attempts to hit even once and not even full damage, then see a program do it, perfect for eternity every single shot max damage with the most insane bounces through the smallest gaps.

I still stick by 50/50...

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2011, 07:31 AM »
avi, this is the last time I am gonna give you some of my time to make an indepth post at you:

Yesterday you accuse me of having no life because I spend alot of time on these forums? So what, is that a crime? Is it such a crime to want to spend alot of my time with ALOT of people I enjoy spending my time with? Isn't that what you do in real life? Spend time with people you enjoy spending time with doing things you enjoy doing things with having discussions about things you enjoy having discussions about?

I like to debate alot, I debate alot and it helps me seperate myself from those who may betray me in the future, the people I have as friends are now people I know I can trust depend and rely on, people I know I can have differences with, people I know I can fight with, and shake hands after, REAL people, REAL people I know I can go to hell and back with and have that feeling of HAVING A f@#!ING LIFE.

Thanks to this game, and forum, over the last few years I have found inspiration for music, comedy, different cultures, and many other things, I am now getting the chance to spend a year with and share knowledge and life experiences with because of this game, this forum, I also got to take part in a successful small movie as part of a community of amazing people and players from around the world

I love my life, I feel lucky to have my life, I am grateful for having a loving family and such strong friends and work colleagues who support each other through the hardest times, as well as celebrating the best of times.

Troll me and my community all you want, I really don't care cuz I am so f@#!ing happy and grateful.

Offline nappy

« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2011, 09:16 AM »
Making perfect BnG bot is very easy;
Making perfect TTRR bot is very hard;
Making perfect Elite/Intermediate bot is impossible.
</thread>

« Reply #80 on: August 14, 2011, 09:29 AM »
Typical that each ethnic group will vote for their scheme. I think now there's no need for such excesses. What, proving or trying to prove that one scheme is more skillful than the other just to satisfy own desires? And like 'look, I play the hardest scheme possible, worship me!'. ;) You can keep practising to actually improve your skill and move one step closer to the peak of scheme mastering instead of staying here.

Offline Maciej

« Reply #81 on: August 14, 2011, 09:41 AM »
</thread>

who cares about bots?

elite/intermediate is easy to learn (everyone plays it at start of the worms adventure)
bng is hard to learn (beginers usually can't score any shot and get quickly bored)
ttrr is fkn hard to learn (beginers usually leave host after their see my roping, lol)

and I still claim these are specific schemes, and each of them requires long time to get master or even decent :)

edit: lol Peja, nice trolling 8)
troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response
 ;D :D
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 09:46 AM by Maciej »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #82 on: August 14, 2011, 09:45 AM »
</thread>

So you know how to make bots do you, bots have nothing to do with what we are talking about, but nice try.

« Reply #83 on: August 14, 2011, 10:15 AM »
And tbh if you compare Mablaks Roping to my BnG, you will find us equal because we are both the leading players by a large margin, compare us both to the program with both schemes with perfect replays, with the fastest time possible for TTRR every map and shots so intense for BnG it'd take me at least 20-30 attempts to hit even once and not even full damage, then see a program do it, perfect for eternity every single shot max damage with the most insane bounces through the smallest gaps.

I still stick by 50/50...

Nahhh, Coste pwns the BnG :P

Large margins?  That's the subject of yet another debate if you wanna go there.  I got time if you have.  <3 komo
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 10:17 AM by Cueshark »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #84 on: August 14, 2011, 10:20 AM »
Large margins?  That's the subject of yet another debate if you wanna go there.  I got time if you have.  <3 komo

No thanks, that's too arrogant for me.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 14, 2011, 10:41 AM »
</thread>

It's even harder to make a full wormage bot.

What's your point?
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline nappy

« Reply #86 on: August 14, 2011, 11:04 AM »
What's your point?
The point is that BnG and TTRR are about mechanics, thus you can get good at them with many many hours of brainless practice and nothing else. Elite/intermediate add to complicated mechanics (you'll never learn all of the weapon tricks used in intermediate, it is such a huge field for exploration) even more complicated strategy. That's what you can't master if you don't use your brain. Strategy > nerdesque training.

So you know how to make bots do you, bots have nothing to do with what we are talking about, but nice try.
We are talking about skill value, no? In a few days I can make a BnG bot which will pwn you with your many years of practice, what's the value of this practice then? This is kinda pointless.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #87 on: August 14, 2011, 11:16 AM »
In a few days I can make a BnG bot which will pwn you with your many years of practice, what's the value of this practice then? This is kinda pointless.

Challenge accepted, you present your best "bot" and I will beat it.

Offline nappy

« Reply #88 on: August 14, 2011, 11:32 AM »
Challenge accepted, you present your best "bot" and I will beat it.
Haha, okay. Stay tuned.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 14, 2011, 12:02 PM »
No darkside allowed :)
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.