Forums
May 23, 2024, 11:36 AM

Author Topic: Which schemes requires most skills to handle?  (Read 17493 times)

Offline Dub-c

Re: Which schemes requires most skills to handle?
« Reply #150 on: August 18, 2011, 09:06 PM »

I disagree with roping was at it's best on w2, for you yeah, but everyone has their own comfort zone mate.

Roper is roper, both w:a and w2 take a lot of skill to play.

However, w2 might have been slightly harder because it was faster and taken a bit more skill (also has to be careful shadowing near cr8s or you would lose your turn).

The scheme was more strategic, because you were rewarded more for fall damage. A good drop could easier get 56-58 damage where on w:a you get 1 or 2 damage. So good drops and knocking where you can get fd is not really of great importance on w:a.

Playing with 2 worms or 3 worms took more strategy similar to w:a clan games. Have to keep health even and decide whether you could afford to skip a hard cr8 or not because of health.

There was strategy in skipping cr8s. If you could knock and get enough fd on a worm then it was worth skipping a harder cr8.

Blocks were allowed. There was great skill in attacking a worm so it would land someone that you could block him. Only 5 sec retreat so this took a lot of skill. Also the skill of getting unblocked quickly.

W:A however has one major improvement over w2. I loved w:a's water drops. They definitely got that right!!!

This is just some of the stuff I remember, I know I have forgotten lots which Avi and others could point out.

So seriously Komo, how do you know w2 roper wasn't better? No offence, I know you like to have an opinion on everything, but if you never played w2 then I don't see how you can have an opinion on that matter.

Go play a couple thousand ladder games on w2 then state your opinion. Its like me telling you bng was better on w2 and me never playing a single bng on w:a. I would be talking out my ass.
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #151 on: August 19, 2011, 09:27 AM »
Who said I never played w2? I did play it but no point even arguing.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 19, 2011, 10:23 AM »
I believe that if you're a good w2 roper and move to WA, it will be harder for you to cope than if you're a very good WA roper and move to w2. Obviously this doesn't prove whichever takes more skill, but I've found this to be the case based on my own experience.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline cOke

« Reply #153 on: August 19, 2011, 10:54 AM »
What wa roper needs is destructible terrain. There, I said it :P

I played a few games with dub with no rules, 10s, and 5s retreat with destructible terrain - its fun. The map opens up more as the game goes on so it's not the same old hides/moves and I like the way the game develops that way. It's also a balance between whether you attack without crate, try both etc, adds some extra strategy into it.

I realise this will never catch on but it's not gonna stop me playing funners like this. Where is avi's w2 rope scheme?
HNN4EVA

Offline Husk

« Reply #154 on: August 19, 2011, 11:18 AM »
I realise this will never catch on but it's not gonna stop me playing funners like this. Where is avi's w2 rope scheme?
here

« Reply #155 on: August 19, 2011, 11:48 AM »
scheme that requires most skills to handle - Elite

You have a large array of weapons and you gotta be able to execute with them.  Many different properties and dynamics you have to be familiar with.  Also, you need smart tactics in the first place and the skill to pull them off.  Also, there are luck factors in elite and you need skill to counter those.

As for ttrr, sure it takes a lot of skill, but compared to elite, idk... Is ttrr pure skill or is a lot of it muscle memory? Imagine how many times you've climbed or scrolled in a ttrr, there has got to be some muscle memory there, especially if you are pumping around the place... I doubt you can actually look at your worm going at those speeds and ready your finger to press the space at the right time.... a lot of it has to be experience and memorizing the timing for those things to work out.

If the question was which scheme had the least amount of luck, ttrr would win hands down, but that doesn't mean it takes the most skill to handle...

Bng? uhh, sure, those shots are pure skill, but to me, it is like getting a strike in bowling... it is a lot easier to get a strike at bowling (bng) than to make a half court shot in basketball (ttrr)...  one is just more extreme...

anyway, idk why i wrote all of that because the scheme are so different... it is like comparing football, basketball, hockey, and baseball.... baseball wins hands down, by the way. who wants to argue that?
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 19, 2011, 12:52 PM »
baseball wins hands down, by the way. who wants to argue that?

If you open a thread I'll gladly tell you everything about how I think soccer is the team sports that requires the most amount of skill, then there's a gap, and then there's basketball and baseball. Hockey I can't comment and football is the sport that takes the least amount of skill out of the top team sports all over the world.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline nino

« Reply #157 on: August 19, 2011, 12:56 PM »
handling slaves requires a lot of skill too.
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 19, 2011, 01:20 PM »
yes, human resources  :P
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #159 on: August 19, 2011, 05:39 PM »
sorry ropa, I don't want to open a thread

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 19, 2011, 06:27 PM »
sorry ropa, I don't want to open a thread

Well, I was thinking that if we were to listen to an american talk about sports it'd be best all in one thread to make it easier to ignore.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #161 on: August 19, 2011, 07:43 PM »
zzzzzzzzz

Offline AduN

• Chile Chile
  • hai2u!!1!:)
    • View Profile
    • my page
« Reply #162 on: August 22, 2011, 11:36 AM »
i like turtles

Offline Y2JID

« Reply #163 on: August 24, 2011, 06:29 PM »
RR = good space
bng = skill the right res
elite = thinking out side the box
Uh, yo, it just so happen this how Y2JID thing started
Flip two aces and get two face cards
It happens, chip stackin'
I turn around, see a bunch of chicks clappin'
But a girl walked by, caught my eye
So I said, 'What the f@#!, stand here and give me luck'
And she whispered in my ear
A purple one on there and put a pink one on there

Offline Husk

« Reply #164 on: August 24, 2011, 07:47 PM »
la la la laaa