Poll

why don't you play worms armageddon ?

coz Im retarted and I prefer to play fortnite
2 (2.6%)
coz no time, work, school,family, sport etc
21 (26.9%)
coz too many keyboards damaged
2 (2.6%)
coz when I come to AG, the only game I can find in 1 hour is mole...
21 (26.9%)
coz I am noob :( and the only game I can win is shoppa with CPU1
1 (1.3%)
coz I am still waiting untill 3.8 will be realised
12 (15.4%)
coz I am gay and I prefer other activities
5 (6.4%)
coz nobody left to play league and I am not interesting in for fun games
9 (11.5%)
other reason - please write
5 (6.4%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Voting closed: April 28, 2019, 09:48 PM

Author Topic: Why don't you play worms armageddon anymore?  (Read 14937 times)

Online TheWalrus

Re: Why don't you play worms armageddon anymore?
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2018, 07:41 PM »
Anyone wants to earn 40$? way is open, just win in any of 5 games against me, and 40$ is yours.

That's the problem Zalo, pretty much nobody wants to...

You and I are alike, you for Mole Shopper, me for BnG, but there was better competition in BnG than Mole Shopper, it was a more popular scheme, although I never met anybody who took it as seriously/passionate as I did, the only person who ever sort of equalled me was barman, but he was a hardcore notcher and got his league stats through that method, and he came too late in the game so didn't have as good an opportunity as I did to get the stats that I got.

skunk is entirely right, you are alone in your passion on TUS, most of your games are noob bashing because pretty much nobody even takes Mole Shopper seriously except you, and I had the same problem in BnG, I lacked world class competition on a daily basis, there were some great players but they weren't active enough, I only got to play Random00 once, he was one of the best I ever played.

I can admit that my stats would probably not be as impressive if there were other people who took BnG as seriously as I did, and the same goes to you and Mole Shopper.

That's what skunk is trying to say.

I could also argue that I can't play TTRR at 7 a.m. because of the light coming in through my window and reflecting on my screen. 

That's legit lol.

1 problem with Worms is lag, frames skipping etc, that's entirely luck unless you know what settings and hardware to use perfectly, but most people don't have access to that information, or they don't know how, or they can't buy new hardware etc.

You can play a 0% luck scheme, yes, but there will always be luck because even missing 0.02 of 1 turn can lose you a game, make you miss/fall/lose turn.

But, I get the point,
I'd play anyone for money in bng with a 3-5 sec shot clock, confident I can beat any bng player not named komo in this fashion pretty easily.  paypal anyone?

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2018, 08:42 PM »
This is actually a good idea walrus for some people maybe...

Set up WA games like Pool games...

$1-100 per game or something.

Offline Gabriel

• Slacker is a queefer

• Chile Chile
  • UC UC clan

• Might come back later idk
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2018, 08:52 PM »
Anyone wants to earn 40$? way is open, just win in any of 5 games against me, and 40$ is yours.

You and I are alike, you for Mole Shopper, me for BnG, but there was better competition in BnG than Mole Shopper, it was a more popular scheme, although I never met anybody who took it as seriously/passionate as I did, the only person who ever sort of equalled me was barman, but he was a hardcore notcher and got his league stats through that method, and he came too late in the game so didn't have as good an opportunity as I did to get the stats that I got.

skunk is entirely right, you are alone in your passion on TUS, most of your games are noob bashing because pretty much nobody even takes Mole Shopper seriously except you, and I had the same problem in BnG, I lacked world class competition on a daily basis, there were some great players but they weren't active enough, I only got to play Random00 once, he was one of the best I ever played.

I can admit that my stats would probably not be as impressive if there were other people who took BnG as seriously as I did, and the same goes to you and Mole Shopper.

I could also argue that I can't play TTRR at 7 a.m. because of the light coming in through my window and reflecting on my screen. 

That's legit lol.

1 problem with Worms is lag, frames skipping etc, that's entirely luck unless you know what settings and hardware to use perfectly, but most people don't have access to that information, or they don't know how, or they can't buy new hardware etc.

You can play a 0% luck scheme, yes, but there will always be luck because even missing 0.02 of 1 turn can lose you a game, make you miss/fall/lose turn.

But, I get the point,
I'd play anyone for money in bng with a 3-5 sec shot clock, confident I can beat any bng player not named komo in this fashion pretty easily.  paypal anyone?

lol walrus f@#! off

you told me we were going to play some games 'tomorrow' 2 months ago and i am still waiting
Mole shopper is the worst thing in the world.

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2018, 09:51 PM »

That's legit lol.

But, I get the point,

Me, host up

Offline skunk3

« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2018, 10:23 PM »
By the way every single scheme has luck factor whether you realize it or not.

Luck, as in your genetics as a human, your ability to understand and improvise, plan and carry out.

And where you were born and how you were raised contributes to that, and that's completely random luck...

Do you have a family that can buy you a good keyboard for roping, were you raised in a place with opportunities to get a good job and buy good equipment?

There is so much more underneath the iceberg than you will ever realize ;)

@Zalo, I find your commitment to Mole Shopper more impressive than your skills, because I personally agree with skunk, it's nowhere near as highly skilled as you think it is. And i'll always expect you to defend that, it's admirable haha!

That is going off of the deep end.

There are certain schemes that have no luck involved, like TTRR, Big RR, etc. Of course we could argue about people not having the exact same keyboards and whatnot but that's really reaching and pretty stupid. I could also argue that I can't play TTRR at 7 a.m. because of the light coming in through my window and reflecting on my screen.
Big RR/TTRR still has random wind.

Quote from: ZaLo

Wind is only a factor if you fall. Falling isn't luck.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2018, 02:00 AM »

It is if caused by lag, or a distraction, we're only human, using only machines and software built and developed by humans.

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2018, 05:02 AM »
Wind is only a factor if you fall.

How?

Offline Sensei

« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2018, 10:20 AM »
Wind is only a factor if you fall.

How?

If you climbing in rr and get full red/blue wind after small fail. There's no way to continue climbing but to go on the bottom with chute/enter manouver. It's considered unlucky if, for example, your opponent gets 0 wind.

But ppl who'll go that far are salty idiots, imo.

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2018, 12:13 PM »
Removing Chute will solve this.

Offline melbo

« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2018, 12:39 PM »
I do not have much experience in this area, but worms must be completely visit again in all its aspects: from graphics, to settings and many other meticulous details: the only things I saved are weapons: it is a game that, by now, has now done their own time.
Restore!

Offline Kradie

« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2018, 03:32 PM »
Do the ZaR way, bazooka and rope only, 25 seconds turn time and 5 seconds retreat, xD

I couldn't resist ^^
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2018, 05:57 PM »
If you climbing in rr and get full red/blue wind after small fail. There's no way to continue climbing but to go on the bottom with chute/enter manouver. It's considered unlucky if, for example, your opponent gets 0 wind.

But ppl who'll go that far are salty idiots, imo.

So wait, you actually really believe, that people who use literal facts, and tell the truth, are idiots?

Wow... Wtf happened to you man...

"That go that far", how far? It's like, 2-3 seconds to say that sentence in real life, takes less than that to process the thought in your brain.

I wonder how you would actually react to something that is actually really complex and far-fetched.

I am not even trying to piss you off or anything, it's confusing how you react like this almost everytime someone says something that's legit, and simple.

It's not like he's making a big deal out of it, just stating that it IS a factor of luck, which is true, you cannot argue it whatsoever.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2018, 06:40 PM »
What the f@#! you're talking about? :/

Offline Gabriel

• Slacker is a queefer

• Chile Chile
  • UC UC clan

• Might come back later idk
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2018, 07:19 PM »
I... (x1000 times)
Everything's easy...
Your reactions...

hey komo stop with your endless rants about others opinions

you quit on me and goom for the most stupid reason (a personal-made rule you impose, showing the quality of your reactions) and we let you be

we gotta contribute to TUS activity by making drama. so far, komo's the most proficient source

« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 07:21 PM by Gabriel »
Mole shopper is the worst thing in the world.

Offline Zalo

• Poland Poland
  • May the mole be with you (◕◡◕)/
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2018, 07:46 PM »
It's not like he's making a big deal out of it, just stating that it IS a factor of luck, which is true, you cannot argue it whatsoever.

umm.... but skunk3 said it's not really any factor, Sensei didn't say anything wrong here...