Forums
May 06, 2024, 07:32 AM

Author Topic: WormKitDS - WormKit without WormKit!!!  (Read 3614 times)

Offline StepS

WormKitDS - WormKit without WormKit!!!
« on: July 10, 2011, 03:43 PM »
Hello, I present you a new way of loading WormKit modules, made by Kawoosh (KMZ) - WormKitDS. With this method you don't need anymore to run WormKit.exe or to associate everything for it - WA.exe will load modules itself!
The latest stable version is 1.0.0.1 and it's written on C++.
This method has been made some months ago but I was too lazy to post it, so sorry for that:rolleyes:
The HookLib.dll is also not needed anymore.
For Linux users: only some modules which don't use Windows APIs (i.e. RubberWorm and some others) will work under Linux in this way.

Download:
  • Fast installer (it will delete WormKit.exe and reassociate replays/URLs back to WA.exe)
  • Or just the archive with required files to be put into W:A folder (madCHook.dll is for those who don't have WormKit yet)
  • You may get the source code here.
WKB article

Short FAQ:
Q: You've said that this is a new WormKit, but why do I see something like "dsound.dll"?
A: To make WA loading modules itself, a DLL file which had the same name as one of the WA's required DLLs was needed. Usually this file is located in system32 folder, but here it's also used as a module loader.

Q: Will it affect the stability of modules somehow?
A: Nope.

Q: Will this way work under Linux?
A: Partially. As it's known for now, modules (such as RubberWorm) which don't use Windows APIs will work under linux.
It is the madCHook library that has some incompatibilities with Linux, CyberShadow has started a rewrite of it to further support Linux, here is the current file and source code. Note that it's still unfinished and is written on Delphi, but any contribution to the project will be appreciated.

Q: Will this allow me to watch replays, to do stuff with them or to use WebSnoop?
A: Yes, but you should use the installer, because it associates replays and URLs back to WA.exe (in case you messed the associations up).

Q: Omg, really?
A: Yes. Just run WA.exe.

Q: Can I temporarily disable WormKitDS?
A: Yes, you need to run WA.exe with /nowk command-line parameter.
If you used the installer, then just navigate to WA's executable/shortcut, then hold Shift and right-click it; the option "Run WA without WormKit" will appear. To play a replay without WormKit, just right-click it and choose the corresponding option.

Q: Oh, and what if I run my old WormKit.exe while having a new WormKitDS?
A: Nothing. The priority is given only to the one. The fast installer deletes WormKit.exe and edits registry back to WA.exe.

Q: When I run the game, a message "This module is no more needed..." pops up!
A: Please delete wkPathOverride.

Q: When I run the game, a message "Bad module: ..." pops up!
A: This message means that the current WormKit module is corrupted, has an unproprietary function in its code or doesn't seem to be a valid module. Consult the module developer.

Q: Now I got the intro screen again! How can I get rid of it?
A: Turn it off again in Advanced options menu. This is a known issue if you're not using the installer.

Q: Will this way work for WWP or Worms 2?
A: The loader will work, but most of WormKit modules are written specifically to work with W:A code only.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 02:01 PM by StepS »
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline KinslayeR

Re: WormKitDS - WormKit without WormKit!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 10:44 AM »
I installed it,  and I have only errors, I cant see weapon panel when I click right mouse, also after mimalising game is lagging and pausing with no reason.

any solve?

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 10:46 AM »
+ when I click left mouse between turns, game is paused

Offline spleen17

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 11:21 AM »

Offline StepS

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 07:05 PM »
This program is obsolete and is not needed as of W:A 3.7.
Please don't bump old threads.
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 07:22 PM »
All coz I wanted to try that shit PX, as I cant use it on new upload, I reinstalled WA, installed older one update, tried like 10 wormkits, and all I got was bugs errors shit colours and lags.

Really is it so hard to get px working on new update?..  :o

Offline raffie

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2015, 10:31 AM »
Really is it so hard to get px working on new update?..  :o

It is so hard, even if we did have the source code...

Btw, most ppl who play PX including me have 2 installs, one 3.6 with PX installed and one 3.7 without. This works flawlessly...
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 10:32 AM by raffie »